Join our server on Discord

Poll: Does frontier suck (compared to others)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
yes
44.44%
8 44.44%
no
55.56%
10 55.56%
Total 18 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Ahem, is it just me or...
Did Digimon frontier suck?

It may just be me, but i really didn't like it. lol

i quit after like 3 episodes.
Renamon's Army
Three episodes? Of course you didn't like it! It took me until episode eight to give a damn about Tai and company. Frontier was great: the voice actors were brillient, the story was supurb, and the sheer inventiveness of the writers was fantastic! It suffered a little with the team's heavy reliance on Koji and Takuya in later episodes, but not so badly as series two. It could have used more Mercurymon, though. It took me until episode six to get into it, though. It always takes a while to get into a new series: the earlier episodes are always worse quality.
Not me, i get right into things. It is probably that it was too differnt than the others.
Renamon's Army
It was not awful. In some ways, I think, it was better. It just lacked the whole digimon aspect I always enjoyed. That is the only reason why I don't consider it the best. I say they are all about equal.
thats a big point harie, not enough digimon. lol
Renamon's Army
Yeah that's a big thing there. But it seemed a little too little like digimon. But I think it was a logicial choice for a season.
Well the children changing to Digimon themselves were a bit too far. The season is not my favourite one, but I don't say that I damn it to hell. Sure there were many parts I disagree with, mostly since I missed the tamer and digimon partner thing.
For me, it was too much Not Digimon to be liked, much the same way that DS9 was too Not Star Trek to be liked by me. In both cases, something that had been there throughout was now lacking (a believable relationship between Digimon and their Tamers, among other things). It lacked the spirit of the other seasons.

And, yeah. Blurring the line between Digimon and humans by allowing them to basically become Digimon...didn't work out for me.
I do admit season 4 for me was one of the worst but I voted no, because yeah I thought it was the worst but it doesnt mean I didnt like it. I did like the idea of flat out turning into a digimon but I do agree it did change the base of Digimon, the story was somewhat good. Yet there was a couple things that kind of bugged me. The first 3 seasons it kept on saying okay Digimon is data and all that junk. Well with season 4 they start the whole spirit scan stuff. I went...okay they're spirits now? Then whats the point of calling them Digimon then? The characters werent all that great, I thought. In the first seasons they talked about the 6 guardian digimon or whatever. Now they come up with this legendary warriors bullshit. I dont know about you but thats inconsistancy
The OCA
Frontier had some of the best episodes of any season, and you suck if you've never seen them. Standouts include:
"The Odd One Out"
"No Whamon"
"From Dawn to Duskmon"
"Alone but Never Alone"
"Beastie Girl" (you know why Wink)

And that's just the first half of the season, which admittedly, was the better half.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against