Join our server on Discord

You Say You Love Me, So Why Do You Hurt Me?
I read the first post and got the gist of the topic, here's my view;

Slang words like 'the shit' for cool: OK
Shorthands like 'yo' or on the internet 'u': Totally pisses me off.
It's a very annoying thing, but the surprising thing is that shorthand isn't used much on the internet outside of IM. So why the hell do people use it all the time? There's no reason for it and doing something that stupid for no reason is just annoying.
"Stand tall and shake the heavens!" - Xenogears.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Quote:My mother language is Spanish, and as you can see, I keep a, at least, correct English for writing. Truth is, Spanish is infinitely more complicated and richer than English.
That doesn't sound right. I remember taking Spanish classes from second grade to seventh grade, and I remember that it was really a pretty simple language. In fact, it was so simple; I decided to switch to learning Russian. When you look deeply at English, it has a lot more exceptions to rules and things that are just quirky that Spanish doesn't have. For example, the plural of "deer" is "deer." Here's one I learned recently: No split inifinitives in formal papers.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
it's a simple language yeah but it's much more flexible and it makes it easier to explain something you're thinking about and helps you to think better. english is to rigorous in terms of grammar which doesn't help much
Veemon's Followers
English is easy, the different forms of english are hard.
Wisemon Wrote:
Quote:My mother language is Spanish, and as you can see, I keep a, at least, correct English for writing. Truth is, Spanish is infinitely more complicated and richer than English.
That doesn't sound right. I remember taking Spanish classes from second grade to seventh grade, and I remember that it was really a pretty simple language. In fact, it was so simple; I decided to switch to learning Russian. When you look deeply at English, it has a lot more exceptions to rules and things that are just quirky that Spanish doesn't have. For example, the plural of "deer" is "deer." Here's one I learned recently: No split inifinitives in formal papers.
I don't agree at all with you, so I'm gonna prove my point.

1) Verbs. In English you have at most two different words for each time. In Spanish, you have a word for every verb. For example:
Verb to do, past.
I did
You did
He did
We did
You did
They did.

In Spanish, verb to do=hacer
Yo hice
T
With some exceptions, those verb forms all follow predictable patterns. Besides, you used the past tense, "did," as your example. In the present tense, it's not so simple.

I do.
You do.
She does.
We do.
They do.

Okay, it's almost as simple. Verbs might be a little simpler in English.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
Zephyr I know the congegational forms of the verbs can be a bitch every once and a while, I took spanish and you had like different words for the past, present and the future tenses of the verbs.

Vosotros, is normally not used and its varely used cause its worthless basically. Its been taking out a while ago cause its difficulty.

On the Side note: Its not that hard to speak, inderstand and use this language. My mom knew nothing and I am proud of her when she took the test for naturalization that she took it in English. She knew none when she came here and I am proud of her.

I think all languages are harder cause in Spanish, as soon as you learn the language its basically teskbook through, it flows.

Look at Korean, Japanease, Chinease, I think there one of the most complex even Polish the other language I know is very difficult.

It pisses me off to see that these people here decide to let ignorance guide them and never learn our language. I have to speak more spanish then English sometimes at work ( my old job)

Ma'am your bags please. ( no response)
Senora, por favor yo necessito tus bolsas. (smiling) Ah, OK! Gracias!

... Languages each have there own complexity, but it shouldn't excuse the failure to learn. You can if you decide to do it, and most people where I live actually speak in computer lingo....Its freaky...
Gabumon Loverz
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
Creative Minds
Wow that does seem complecated. But of course, I think languages that don't use the same alphabet as what you already know are pretty hard.
Wisemon Wrote:With some exceptions, those verb forms all follow predictable patterns. Besides, you used the past tense, "did," as your example. In the present tense, it's not so simple.

I do.
You do.
She does.
We do.
They do.

Okay, it's almost as simple. Verbs might be a little simpler in English.
What, you're asking me? You can't do it yourself, Wise? I thought it was soooooo simple, why are you asking me then?
Okay, it is:
Yo hago
T