Join our server on Discord

Go the Distance
In interviews, women who join the military don't realize before they join that they're going to get hit on all the time... bullshit. I bet that's exactly why they joined; otherwise, they'd go slightly out of their way to make themselves look unattractive.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
Nate, are you gay?

No offense, but I saw...that one guy post the D.A.D.T. motto, and my brain was instantly like, 'Gay, lol'.
Wisemon Wrote:In interviews, women who join the military don't realize before they join that they're going to get hit on all the time... bullshit. I bet that's exactly why they joined; otherwise, they'd go slightly out of their way to make themselves look unattractive.
Heh heh heh heh. How does a woman look unattractive to a soldier?
A little more difficult:How does a woman look unattractive to a soldier that has been on service (you say it like that?) for several months, or a sailor in the sea? I bet they'd hit on anything female, even an oyster.
Quote:Heh heh heh heh. How does a woman look unattractive to a soldier?
A little more difficult:How does a woman look unattractive to a soldier that has been on service (you say it like that?) for several months, or a sailor in the sea? I bet they'd hit on anything female, even an oyster.
Okay, they'd still get hit on, but the ones I've seen on TV don't even attempt to look unattractive. They could shave their heads, scar themselves about the face, wear duck suits...
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
Ghost_Op Wrote:Nate, are you gay?

No offense, but I saw...that one guy post the D.A.D.T. motto, and my brain was instantly like, 'Gay, lol'.

Whether or not I am gay has no impact unless I say that I am, again, whether or not I actually am. As I said above, it's not a stretch for me to say I'm straight if pressed on the issue, so practically speaking, no, I am not a homosexual.
Nate Hunter Wrote:
Ghost_Op Wrote:Nate, are you gay?

Whether or not I am gay has no impact unless I say that I am, again, whether or not I actually am. As I said above, it's not a stretch for me to say I'm straight if pressed on the issue, so practically speaking, no, I am not a homosexual.

All I understood.
If I say that I'm gay, the Army has to kick me out (or bar me from entering), even if I'm not actually gay.

If I do not say that I'm gay, it doesn't matter whether or not I am, because they won't ask about it and I'm not required to tell them about it.
Wisemon Wrote:Okay, they'd still get hit on, but the ones I've seen on TV don't even attempt to look unattractive. They could shave their heads, scar themselves about the face, wear duck suits...

There're probably fetishes for all those things. If you don't want a guy to hit on you, become a guy. That's the best way and even it's not fool-proof.
"Stand tall and shake the heavens!" - Xenogears.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Well Nate, I never really interacted with you much, but I still think you're a great guy and I respect what you have to say. You're one of many voices of reason around here that everyone would do well to listen to. I hope your stint in the military is as successful, educational, character-building, and every other kind of experience you hope it to be.

You take care of yourself, and if you get the chance, please drop by.
Shadowknight Wrote:There're probably fetishes for all those things. If you don't want a guy to hit on you, become a guy. That's the best way and even it's not fool-proof.
There is. I know someone who's a female in the army. She does keep looking for pictures that look like herself. Both in and out of uniform.
Her boyfriend is also in the army. They seem like very nice people.