Join our server on Discord

Sometimes I hate lemon scenes
Wisemon Wrote:The way I see it, in Utopia, people (or Digimon) have sex whenever they feel the urge, and they never have to worry about diseases or unwanted births, because nothing bad can possibly happen.

I'm going for peaceful and happy, not breaking the laws of physics. To clarify, even in Utopia we won't get laid easily.

Also, I don't know if you or anyone else on this board have heard the song I'm going to use. If you have, I hope you can identify it from the translated English lyrics (I'll include the real lyrics at the bottom. I don't want people to hit a song line and think "WTF does that mean?").
Wisemon Wrote:
Quote:"do it like they do on the Discovery Channel."
The Bloodhound Gang? I thought you were classier than that.

What know ye of my class? To be fair, it's not one of my songs of choice, it's something I was exposed to through my younger brothers' choice of music during my high school years, and I absolutely hated it, however that particular line has it's uses, classy or not.

Quote:
Quote:Human + Digimon. "Utopia land" is the slightly wierd fantasy that constituted the "25 Years Later" bit aired at the end of 02's final episode. You know, world peace and everyone has a DIgimon. People move freely between worlds. That bit.
Again, I like this idea, and I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with it. The way I see it, in Utopia, people (or Digimon) have sex whenever they feel the urge, and they never have to worry about diseases or unwanted births, because nothing bad can possibly happen.

Exactly my take on the utopia world concept -- the perfect world concept would be free of disease and risk. I realize that if this is still the human world of "25 years later" it's a moot point, but being virgins doesn't mean the sex needs to be hard to write. Sex still exists in the world of "25 years later" (2027), unless we've moved on to making test tube babies to the exclusion of natural procreation. but 25 years from now we'd still have the parents knowing, and probably having, sex, and that behaviour would likely persist a few generations into the transition to sex being "useless."

So there's no reason for a healthy young nigh-pubescent or teenaged child to not know what sex is. And instinct will always bring it to the surface in situations where there is danger to life -- preserving one's genes is another instinct. We can conquer instinct only while we are free to live a safe life, the moment we return to dangerous living, instinct stands before us, waiting to swallow us up.

And "we won't get laid easily", while very proper grammar, is a bit stupid of a statement to make. If we are in a peaceful and happy place, that indicates a lack of conflict. A lack of conflict indicates an widespread acceptance and tolerance, which means that we will have less cause to judge our mates, as if we don't enjoy their performance, company, or whatever, we can simply tell them we'd like to go our separate ways in peace, without fear of reprisal about it. Therefore it would be easier to "get laid" because we don't fear anger, jealousy, or any other risks.
Quote:The Bloodhound Gang? I thought you were classier than that.
Somethings are weirdly useful. Besides, I used the song title Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Kilo as a sig to see if anyone could figure it out on another board.
The webmaster's girlfriend got it easily.
Nate Hunter Wrote:And "we won't get laid easily", while very proper grammar, is a bit stupid of a statement to make. If we are in a peaceful and happy place, that indicates a lack of conflict. A lack of conflict indicates an widespread acceptance and tolerance, which means that we will have less cause to judge our mates, as if we don't enjoy their performance, company, or whatever, we can simply tell them we'd like to go our separate ways in peace, without fear of reprisal about it. Therefore it would be easier to "get laid" because we don't fear anger, jealousy, or any other risks.

Judging one's mate is an instinct, because you want to mate with the best genes you can find.

Also, I'm trying to think if a very good idea for creating the sex scene breaks the theme. On the one hand, it makes the conflict far more substantial and real, but would make the entire story and theme darker.
I don't go for the canon epilogue. I prefer to go with logic.

Go for the sex scene: when something turns dark from being perfectly cheery it can enhance the overall feel of the peice.
Herr Mullen Wrote:I don't go for the canon epilogue. I prefer to go with logic.

Go for the sex scene: when something turns dark from being perfectly cheery it can enhance the overall feel of the peice.
That other epilogue is indeed hiliarious. However, I'm sticking with the canon. I get a much nicer story from it.

Let me tell you: Nothing turns things darker like the latent powers of a Great Demon Lord.
Anonmon Wrote:
Nate Hunter Wrote:And "we won't get laid easily", while very proper grammar, is a bit stupid of a statement to make. If we are in a peaceful and happy place, that indicates a lack of conflict. A lack of conflict indicates an widespread acceptance and tolerance, which means that we will have less cause to judge our mates, as if we don't enjoy their performance, company, or whatever, we can simply tell them we'd like to go our separate ways in peace, without fear of reprisal about it. Therefore it would be easier to "get laid" because we don't fear anger, jealousy, or any other risks.

Judging one's mate is an instinct, because you want to mate with the best genes you can find.

Also, I'm trying to think if a very good idea for creating the sex scene breaks the theme. On the one hand, it makes the conflict far more substantial and real, but would make the entire story and theme darker.

But sex among humans is more than just procreation. If your utopic world has sex only for procreation, then you throw your entire concept out of the window (sex for procreation and preserving genes would not be likely to occur between different and presumably incompatible species), while still having it for pleasure means that you could mate with anyone without fear of an unwanted child, because you could either control, or easily prevent unwanted, pregnancy. Judging a mate is an instinct, but a mate is only one you intend to procreate with.
I dunno. The people around here who have meaningless sex all the time, with the full knowledge that no consequences can result, still have sex with the hottest person they can. I still say that selection of sexual partners is instinct.

Oh, and this thread is officially off-topic, since I have nothing more to say about the upcoming lemon.
Anonmon Wrote:Oh, and this thread is officially off-topic, since I have nothing more to say about the upcoming lemon.

On that, I shall concur. We're off-topic, so let's try to stay away from this thread. Unless something on-topic comes up again...
The selection of a sexual partner is instinct. Selection of a mate is a more complecated process.
I think that sounds close.