Join our server on Discord

Could you have killed them? (RR End Game spoilers alert)
Red Rover's End Game series is the bomb, one of the best series I've ever read. And there's one thing in it that I think is the reason why I don't make my character a good guy in my stories. In several instances in his story, the digidestined have a chance to kill one of the Council of Five members, but they don't. They don't because they don't have the guts to kill, even when it's necessary. Me, I wouldn't have had a problem in any of those instances with killing the Council of Five members. Kill or be killed is the way it would have been for me in those circumstances.

What about you guys, do you think you could have killed the Council of Five members when you had the chance?
I inhabit Real Life. First I would have attempted to get them on trial. If that wasn't an option yes, I would kill. Some things are just necessary, especially given how any Council of FIve-level leader in any organization would obviously pack enough power to fight or kill me when at full capability. A couple of weakened moments might be my only chance.

Hopefully though, I'll never have to make any such decision. Hopefully, justice can work without such vigilante tactics.

Also, I do think Red Rover was trying to keep everyone in character by having them not kill. Why? 'Cause the End Game characters we're talking about were season 2 Chosen Children rather than season 1. For some reason the season 2 Children had far more active consciences when it came to actually killing villians.
If you ever have a chance to kill someone that wants you dead always take it. I don't care if you have to improvise and beat them to death with a chair, never let an enemy live. That's what makes the good guys so stupid, "We could kill him but let's let him live." Five seconds later, "We're getting killed by the guy we could've killed, why didn't we kill him first?"
"Stand tall and shake the heavens!" - Xenogears.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
With me, it's simple; I know that none of the Council of Five members would hesitate if they were in my position, so that would make it easy for me to kill them if I had a chance. Do unto others as they would do unto you, but first.

Quote:Hopefully, justice can work without such vigilante tactics.

It isn't about serving justice, it's about survival.
make them dead. As fast as you can!

AHHHH!
Renamon's Army
Anonmon Wrote:Hopefully though, I'll never have to make any such decision. Hopefully, justice can work without such vigilante tactics.

I think the news and newspapers and internet have proven that justice doesn't work. We need vigilantes!
"Stand tall and shake the heavens!" - Xenogears.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad