Join our server on Discord

Anime Reviews and Previews.
aguy Wrote:Yes they did to that to Naruto. That believe it drove me insane I know why it was put there, but come on.

There's one anime I saw in Japan and I have been looking for it, but all I have is looks of characters. Do you have any suggestions on how to find it?
Oh come on. What minor things did they change that bug you. Besides, there's a uncut boxset out now. And for you other problem, check animenewsnetwork.com's enclycopedia.
I just don't like how they take out certain words and although I understand why they put believe it in the english episodes it still gets annoying. As for the show I don't think I could watch it even if I found it, because I believe it was still a rather new show that has no dvds out yet.
UnknownH Wrote:
aguy Wrote:Yes they did to that to Naruto. That believe it drove me insane I know why it was put there, but come on.

There's one anime I saw in Japan and I have been looking for it, but all I have is looks of characters. Do you have any suggestions on how to find it?
Oh come on. What minor things did they change that bug you. Besides, there's a uncut boxset out now. And for you other problem, check animenewsnetwork.com's enclycopedia.

The catchphrase isn't that big a deal, every character needs a catchphrase. BUT HE SHOULDN'T SAY IT EVERY SINGLE SENTENCE!

Naruto: I'm a ninja believe it! I'm gonna be hokage believe it! I'm the best believe it!

SHUTUP!!
"Stand tall and shake the heavens!" - Xenogears.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Shadowknight Wrote:...Every character needs a catchphrase.

I hope you're joking.
No, all characters have a catch phrase, few can have one without it becoming annoying and repetitive. Like homer simpson's DOH'.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Shadowknight Wrote:No, all characters have a catch phrase, few can have one without it becoming annoying and repetitive. Like homer simpson's DOH'.

Explain why you find a catchphrase so gratifying: what purpose does it serve?
Most catchphrases remind people of a certain moment in a show. like when I hear DOH I think of the time homer fell into the gorge and banged his head on everthing. The problem with Naruto is he doesn't say it at any memorable points, he just always says it which ruins it and turns it into something annoying.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Shadowknight Wrote:Most catchphrases remind people of a certain moment in a show. like when I hear DOH I think of the time homer fell into the gorge and banged his head on everthing.

Maybe such a purpose could be forfilled by a memorable and witty statement, as opposed to a repeated que to laugh. I do not recall Bazil Faulty having a catchpharse, but when ever anyone says anything about WWII, we can all have a giggle by saying "Don't mention the war!" Whenever anyone says anything about Only Fools And Horses, we all recall with great mirth this bit before his catchphrase "lubbly-jubbly".

Catchphares have their place, but to say every character has to have one is an idiocy. There are a huge number of better ways to make people laugh than by telling them to with a catchphrase or laughter track. You can parody an established part of programming, you can shock them, or just do something absurd.

Not every character needs a blasted catchphrase. I can laugh without being told; I have intelligence beyond the capibility of sheep. The above sketches' laughter tracks are all from live audiences, who do need need someone to point and tell them when to laugh through the use of a sodding bloody catchphrase.

People have the ability to understand more than just catchphrases.
aguy Wrote:I just don't like how they take out certain words and although I understand why they put believe it in the english episodes it still gets annoying. As for the show I don't think I could watch it even if I found it, because I believe it was still a rather new show that has no dvds out yet.
That's too minor to care about. And he has a catchphrase in japenese too. Now just buy the darn uncut DVDs.
Catchphrases, when used right can identify a character. Plus they're marketable.
Not everyone has a catchphrase, but many do. None of the goggleheads (In english at least) had catchphases, but in every season there was someone (Izzy: Prodigious, Yolie: Profecto, Terriermon: Momentai... i dident watch much of frontier but im sure there was something O_O In savers Agumon: Aniki) But there are a lot of charicters that have things.. like the thing Naruto says ...dettybyo? Is that right? And shuichi from Gravitation says "La-Li-Ho!" But i can think of many that dont have any at all.