Join our server on Discord

Say Goodbye to Gas Guzzlers?
Zephyr of Darkness Wrote:Water: Overwhelming in many places of the planet as well. All islands could be supplied with that.

Not sure where I saw it, either the news or a paper, but someone actually found a way to power his car using only water. The crazy thing is he also used the same idea to power a blowtorch, go figure, running a blow torch with water.
"Stand tall and shake the heavens!" - Xenogears.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Yeah, maybe I can explain it to you.
Water: made of one atom of oxygen and two of hydrogen.
Because of some way(that's the thing I don't know), the oxygen gets separated from the hydrogens and becomes the 'waste'. The two hydrogen atoms can become electrons from a side and protons from the other, right? (Hydrogen is made of a single electron and a single proton). The rest you can figure out, right?

But I wasn't talking about that, actually. I meant the energy the waves are pushed with can be converted to energy.
The thing about those is, people are trying to get them started. Hey, we just got a few hybrid electric/gas cars out.
Yeah the electric models took that long to make, people aren't gonna switch over to water powered anytime soon. Idiots if you ask me, to afraid of something diffrent.

Zephyr of Darkness Wrote:Because of some way(that's the thing I don't know), the oxygen gets separated from the hydrogens

If you run a strong electrical current through water it'll seperate into oxygen and Hydrogen in the form of steam.
"Stand tall and shake the heavens!" - Xenogears.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
steam cars???? :?

i'd go with the electric cars personally
(an electric h2....hmmmm nice edge)
Renamon's Army
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
Creative Minds
Quote:Back on topic, that poem was AWESOME.

That was a fantastic poem.

Oh yeah, that's the most technical poem I've read, Wise. It's kind of a poem that somebody who lived in a high tech place would make (think the other side of the sea in Breath of Fire 3).
(And as usual, pretty...disturbing. But I know it's your intention).
Thanks guys! I do what I can to help the cause.

Quote:If you run a strong electrical current through water it'll seperate into oxygen and Hydrogen in the form of steam.
Really? Steam is comprised of ions? Which chemistry books have you been reading? An electric current can separate water into hydrogen and oxygen, but it would require a lot of electricity to make this practical for powering a car. That electricity still has to come from somewhere. Maybe we can burn garbage (in a non-polluting way, of course).
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
how u burn rubbish in a non-polluting way? :?
(i've not heard of any methods)
Renamon's Army
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
Creative Minds
Quote:Really? Steam is comprised of ions? Which chemistry books have you been reading?
Quote:Study bad, make Shadow hurt in place where thinking come from.
Does this answer your question, Wise?
Quote:how u burn rubbish in a non-polluting way?
(i've not heard of any methods)
I would tell you but I'm sure I'd offend some people in this place.
ME:*thinks for a minute*Urgh!
Renamon's Army
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
Creative Minds
Shadowknight Wrote:If you run a strong electrical current through water it'll seperate into oxygen and Hydrogen in the form of steam.

I read this exactly written the same way in a game. Coincidence it's the same game Shadow and I have played, at least from what I've heard.
[Image: FearthatPlushy.jpg]
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad