Join our server on Discord

I think I might have pulled a lucky break with the military.
A friend of mine showed me an article in my city's paper about a new National Guard recruiting station that opened up. In the article, it said that the Arkansas National Guard was lowering the standards required to get in and was also eliminating some medical conditions that counted as disqualifiers. The article also said that anyone who's been denied for service and still has a strong desire to serve should visit the recruiting station and see if the new standards affect them.

This could be a lucky break for me. However, I'm not quitting my job, dropping out of school, and going on a spending spree until I know for sure I can get in. Hopefully, this might be my chance. I'm going to check it out on Monday, so wish me luck.
This turned out better for you, hope this still keeps getting better and not any worse.
[Image: FearthatPlushy.jpg]
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
If this is your break then as a fellow not soilder but a retired Cadet JROTC 1st Sargeant would say.....

"COMPANY ARE YOU MOVAITED!!!"

(company) "Motivated, Motivated, Down Right Motivated. Organized, Synchronized, 10 times better then THOSE GUYS!"

HUAH!

I hope it goes well for you and wish you luck.....
Gabumon Loverz
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
Creative Minds
If it does work, I hope my dad doesn't throw a fit when I break the news to him. He's been in an anti-military mood since I got turned down. I haven't told him about the article because no matter what it says about anything, he's going to go on and on about how I can't get in and that I'm just wasting my time.
Then simply keep at it and just wait till being accepted. Afterwards, when you are clear you are in, tell him. I don't think he'll be able to interfere with your decision then.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
I just hope he doesn't take this as a slap in the face and stop talking to me.
If you want to get in that badly, I hope you get in.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
If he can't respect your decision, I think he's not being a good parent, I mean, your not a teenager I guess.

EDIT: Woo... the 20001st post of the General Chat.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Just be who you are. If he was okay with you trying the first time... well just go for it.
God help me, I can already feel the headache this is going to cause. I talked to the NG recruiter and he told me that it's going to be another waiver job. I called my mom afterwards and she was firmly against doing that again. I explained the situation to her, but she wants me to take it up with my father. I can already hear that old bastard yelling at me for doing this and going into his "I know everything about everything" mode. Hopefully I'll be able to convince him that this is only a side issue for now, as I'm not quitting on college and another job.

I'm nineteen years old and my parents still aren't willing to give me some credit. They still won't accept that what they know has changed. I wish they'd get off their high horse and start showing me some respect. I'm not their fucking puppet!