Join our server on Discord

The Digimon Games
I'm surprise their hasn't been a topic about the digimon games... first the megaman topic got tons of replies and I'm sure this one will as well... anyway. I was wondering on what you guys think of the playstation digimon games(the RPG's and the Battle Rumble and the card game), were they okay and all? A lot of my friends liked the first game better compare to the 2nd and 3rd and the 4th game. Although I kind of liked the 4th since you can go multiplayer on that game...
Okay, I only have Digimon Rumble Arena 1 and 2 and Digimon World 1 and 3. I've tried getting the second World, but I've pretty much given up on that.

Digimon World 1 is probably the best Digimon game that has good Digimon flavor. My only problem with it is that, to me, it felt like the orginal Digimon pet toy (a violent Tamogatchi), and I never enjoyed them.

World 3 plays out like an RPG... it is very easy and rather straight forward. The battles play out like Pokemon battles with Digimon. One certain item (an acessory) breaks the game in half though.

Rumble Arena I found it to be rather fun though it felt like it ran on a downgraded Smash Bros. engine.

The second is a bit better, and I would suggest going right to that. There's more digimon, but they oddly removed Terriormon and Renamon.

As for DW4, I can't see myself buying it. Having a Digimon licensed game is fun, but Gaunlet The Dark Legacy more than fills my desire for massive hack and slash along with those who I know.
S

P

O

I

L

E

R

A

L

E

R

T

!

!

Digimon Rumble Arena, I enjoyed the Game Play, though I didn't like the fact you don't really have a good storyline; neither a story mode.

Digimon World 1, I HECK enjoyed this game, the whole story was one of the coolest I've ever had a chance to read while the game progressed, the way of training and taming the digimon was incredible, I teared when I lost my first Ultimate, really. And the last boss, Machinedramon had an awesome theme!

Digimon World 2, Uhh... I literally hated how everything was too expensive to modify your Digi-Bettle and to prepare yourself for the missions. The battles took too long, even the easier ones. I was playing for 17 hours between four days and only then I had my first Mega (Venom-Myotismon) and two other Ultimates (MagnaAngemon and MetalGreymon). Crimson was a very good villain, as well as Chaos Lord. Overlord Gaia didn't have anything behind him... he was just a robot. I think NeoCrimson would have been a better last boss. Cool MUSIC!

Digimon World 3, I LOVE DNA DIGIVOLUTION! But seriously I loved how this RPG went, you didn't have to kill yourself becoming addict to reach high levels with your party! The Card Game feature was great and this game had lots to offer, including all the partners you could have. A bit unoriginal that basically all the digimon could in the end become Imperialdramon Paladin Mode. Galacticmon was a cool boss, but you can't continue the game after you beat him, that's not fun really.

Digimon Digital Card Battle, wooo... not bad, what I liked most of this was the Intro, it's sooooo cool, though the fights were amazing when you put to fight your digimon! Go Flamedramon's Express Claw! I like the fact the guys from 02 are there as well as Ken, and letting all the digimon have at least 2 digi-eggs to use is great. Analogmon was kind of funny, but too easy to beat even he cheats.

And there, I won't waste my breath with Battle Spirit, though 1 wasn't that bad, but I still didn't like them, or Racing. And Digimon World 4 as I've heard isn't something like 1, 2 or 3 at all... I don't think it's that good. And Rumble Arena 2? Well, send me a Playstation 2, I'll buy it then.
[Image: FearthatPlushy.jpg]
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Harie Wrote:As for DW4, I can't see myself buying it. Having a Digimon licensed game is fun, but Gaunlet The Dark Legacy more than fills my desire for massive hack and slash along with those who I know.

I'm gonna have to agree with you because they made the weapons and armor stuff from the 3rd game a little to more useful on the 4th game and turn them all into a whole bunch of animal warriors using guns/claws/swords/katanas/axes, and plus they can't use their own special attacks and instead, the game has them use their own element magic spells. The whole game had a low rating and it took so darn long of them to finally bring the game here to America which was terribly sad for Bandai. I love their RPGs... the digimon games for the PSX and then you have .hack for the PS2 and their RPG version of Inyuasha(they made their sprites into midgets and their were a few glitches on there as well).

What ticks me off is that they had more digimon games than I thought and those games you could find them on the Wonderswan(edit) WHICH is only in Japan I believe. And one other thing I heard is Namco and Bandai are gonna work together(Tekken + Digimon?) and they're already making a digimon game for the Nintendo DS. Oh, I'm pretty sure everyone knows already about the fifth season of Digimon in Japan too. Wink
Digital Card Battle is my personal favorite. I've easily won about 1000 battles on different memory cards. The polygon battles are really cool. Digimon World 2 is my favorite among the Digimon World games. It has the best music, strategy, a plot, and you can build some awesome Digimon through DNA digivolution. You can also get all kinds of cool techniques and rare Digimon by using a Game Shark. Between these two games, I've logged about 2000 hours, and I was almost thrown out of college.

I'm still trying to get the rest of the medals in Digimon World. I've already got 100 (all the Digimon unlocked).

Digimon World 3 was cool in a lot of ways, but also kind of frustrating. I hate how the American version won't let you continue after you beat the boss, so I have to do all my stuff before beating him. I have almost all the cards and legendary weapons. It took a long time to get Beelzemon, Diaboromon, MegaGargomon, and Imperialdramon Paladin Mode, and it really wasn't worth it. I also hate how you can't see the Digimon before they attack. It can take a very long time to reach a save point.

Digimon World 4 has gameplay that actually takes some motor skill, but that positive is fucked by the fact that you have to restart your Digimon at Level 1 after getting to Level 70 as another Digimon just to complete the quest to get him.

Digimon Rumble Arena was fun for a little while, but it got boring fast. I still beat it as every character.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
Wisemon Wrote:I'm still trying to get the rest of the medals in Digimon World. I've already got 100 (all the Digimon unlocked).

I only lack Max Stats, I lost my Game Shark CD to do that one. And then I lack the Medal for beating all the ''Type'' cups. Don't you hate having to search for every single tech? Stupid Seadramon doesn't give you Aurora Freeze
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Quote:What has been your best tamed Ultimate, Wise?
My first ultimate was MetalMamemon. I used him to beat the game the first time. I've used HerculesKabuterimon to win the Beetle Tournament. I end up with Megadramon a lot, which is good, because Grey Lord's Mansion is my favorite place in the game. I'm still missing most of the Digimon and half the techniques.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
If you have trouble getting Infinite Burner, I can help you with that. And I'm surprised, MetalMamemon was my first Ultimate too, though it was awkward, I was training my Monochromon to become MetalGreymon and well... hee hee.

Getting the Machine Techniques is easy if you have an Andromon or a Gyromon, trust me.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
I have battle spirit 1 and 2 and they're not too bad. I wish they'd have brought over a different version for 1. But I want digimon story for the DS. It sounds more interesting to a lot of the games.
well, i've got all the "digimon world" games, and digital card battle, i want to get the battle spirit and rummble arena games, but havent been able to yet, but any future digimon games that come to the US i will get, i have also played an emulation of one of the wonderswan digimon games (D-project) and even though it was completely in japanese, which i don't read or understand at all, i was still able to complete it, and get addicted to it... anyhow, heres my comments on the ones i have played...

digimon world one: fun game in general, the stat training was a bit boring at times, but over all a fun game, still havent completed it thout, lol, put it on the list of "games to get back to" after my poor monochromon died *sob*

digimon world two: i thought it would be like the 1st, as this was before i absorbed tons of gaming knowledge from the internet, but with season 2 digimon included, i couldn't have been more wrong, DMW2 is my least favorite digimon game, but i still spent quite a while on it, trying to get a flamedramon...

digimon world three: after my bad experiance with two, i figured mabey three would be better, i was right, i love RPG games, and i love digimon, so i was hooked instantly, had a good story, the card game, and 9 (iirc) partners that you could have all of in the end. great game for RPG fans.

digital card battle: one word, ADDICTING! i played this game near-constantly after i got it, until i got to analogman, then i pwned him, and started to slow down with it a little, and play a few other games, but still one of my all time favorites.

digimon world four: well, by this time, i was into researching games both new and old on the web, so i knew in advance what i was getting, action games being my third favorite (rpgs in first, and FPS games in 2nd) i loved it, fun to finally get control of the digimon, but, i still can't see and agumon using an ax, or a guilmon with a dagger, veemon with a sword? wtf? but hey, i got used to it enough to enjoy the game, sure its different, but in a good way.

d-project: another addicting one, even though i couldn't understand a word of it, the menu was simple enough to understand without it, and i found some help on gamefaqs from a nice person who had wrote a guide for it, its kinda like digimon world one, so fans of that who want to try it PM me and i'll getcha a link, or send it to you myself, but anyhow, its like DMW1, but without the PS1 graphics, instead its a 2D game, but good nonetheless, includes digimon from the first three seasons, and its possible to get five of the spirits from fronteir, but they are only useable by digimon, specific digimon for each one, and only useable in battle, and there are also DNA digivolves between megas (like omnimon/omegamon) the battles are controlable, sort of, you can tell your digimon to attack, switch order if you have more than one (up to three can be in your party at once, and eventually you can store three in a PC) or retreat, the actual attacking though, is up to them, but pressing the button as they attack, can cause them to use their "family line"'s special attack, its a great game even if its in japanese, so i recommend it to digimon world one fans, and really just digimon fans in general, just PM me for the link, or if you'd like me to send it to you, because i think more people should get to enjoy this game.

well, theres my 2 and a half cents on each game...