Join our server on Discord

Cut Shows
I hate here in america that they only show half of a series then poof gone
I think this should be in the rants section if you hate it that much.
[Image: FearthatPlushy.jpg]
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Wait...in america...which season of the series?
Well, I haven't seen it too often. Some shows do get cut off after a season because they didn't do so well or some other reason I suppose. I do remeber, a few years back, when Fox was showing Escaflowne, but they only got half way. The show isn't too violent, but the dialogue is way too, how can I say it, philosphical for their tastes to show to kids. Well that is specualtion once again because that got cut halfway through and my one friend got really annoyed about it.
CITV cut the entire last part of Digimon Series Two on it's first showing: we were all left on the cliffhanger when Ken gets into the van for months before they re-showed the entire series at a later date, as far as I can remember. Damn you, commerial broadcasting.
Quote:CITV cut the entire last part of Digimon Series Two on it's first showing: we were all left on the cliffhanger when Ken gets into the van for months before they re-showed the entire series at a later date, as far as I can remember. Damn you, commerial broadcasting.

Thats why they should do more studying on how good a show will be !
There is good news. Fox'es rights to Escaflowne ran out so now anyone could pick it up and show it.
JamesBond007 Wrote:Thats why they should do more studying on how good a show will be !

Well, doing a study beforehand will not always show how good a show will do. I do think once a show is going they really should finish it. I think the only exception would be if they got a substancial amout of angry letters to rip it off, but see that is another thing. They are in it for the money. If something better comes along they rip out the poor and put in the good. People have short attention spans and easily move from one channel to the next.
I think the problem too is, the shows are made before the series becomes popular in America. In Japan (Let's face it that's where all the good shows come from) they usually have Mangas of shows before making the actual show, that's how they know if it'll be good or not. In America, no mangas possibly because alot of Americans have lost the ability to turn this chicken scratch into intelligible thoughts in order to read it. So in Japan they release a show to a big fanbase, in America the only fan base is a bunch of nerds who order the mangas from overseas and then translate them or something, granted through word of mouth many shows do become popular but thanks to short attention spans tend to fall from glory and are cancelled.
"Stand tall and shake the heavens!" - Xenogears.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Shadowknight Wrote:(Let's face it that's where all the good shows come from)

We'll ignore QI, Jeeves and Woster, Blackadder, Mr. Bean, One Foot in the Grave, Monty Python's Flying Circus...