Join our server on Discord

[Update: 26 July] Hunter's Drabbles
This is a drabble. 100 words, no more and no less. Who is it about? Well, I don't think that matters right now, though I don't see too many options, if you restrict this to Digimon.

Title: Why?

The question never left, it only faded. "Why don't they hate me?" He couldn't answer it, after all he had done to them and against them, why they accepted him. He hadn't just been mean and violent, he had been their ENEMY and yet they now took him as a friend. Why was it so hard for them to hate him for his evil? Why didn't any of them ever confront him about it? Why weren't they suspicious? He grinned as he used their trust to his own advantage. They would never see it coming. And they would hate him.

... Yes, I know drabbles have something like a 15 word allotment for titles, but that would be cheating. This is a by the book drabble, exactly 100 words, and a title as concise as possible to express the story within.

So who do YOU think it is? Don't limit yourself to only Digimon, either.
These are actually kind of fun to write. Selecting just the write words, it's like poetry but with a more concise story. It may let me express some of the events of the Future Lives timeline without bogging myself down into unnecessarily long stories... Although this one isn't quite one of those, it's not far off either...

This is Patamon, the pairings are both Pata/Tail and V/Tail. Again, exactly 100 words.

Title: True Love and Happiness

Falling hurt. No, this wasn't anything physical, but it hurt as much. He sighed as he watched her walk away with her new mate. He had lost her by being there at the wrong times, and not being there at the right times. He had lost her by waiting to make his move. Tailmon and V-mon would be happy together, but where was his happiness? Would he ever find happiness, now that he had lost his chance? He cried at the thought, but vowed that he wouldn't hurt her happiness. Because unless she was happy, he would never find happiness.

... Have you ever found yourself feeling this way? Falling hurts, because it involves an impact. Impact hurts when you make it, or when you recover from it... but the philosophy of emotions isn't suited for a drabble thread.
That's sweet. I know the feeling: that's the thing about drabbles. You've got to fit the reader's entire empathy into so few words. Fantastic stuff.
Awwww poor Pata you made him suffer :(

it was a really nice drabble though I feel bad for the little guy :P
Creative Minds
Lady Devimon's Minions
Woah, fantastic point of view from Patamon's thought, I kinda feel sorry for him, but the drabble actually has a very realistic air within it. Aww... I wish I could find enough inspiration to write them while selecting just few words for them.
[Image: FearthatPlushy.jpg]
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
To begin with I wasn't sure if I had the... well, at first I thought drabbles were pointless, but I've been reading up on them and seen that they can be a fun way to give yourself a challenge, and in fact they're a nice form of vignette that can be horribly specific or generic in who they deal with. My first could easily apply to a number of characters, while I debated whether to make the second vague or specific (had I gone vague, it could have been Patamon or V-mon). I will probably write another one today/tonight...

It lets me give me ideas to words without having to divide between them as my full story ideas often do.
This one isn't Digimon. It's darker than most of my subject matter in that it deals with an issue I try to keep myself away from. If you read it, you should understand...

Title: Gift

Kaum
Welcome ot my fourth drabble, "Coldness". This is lmost autobiographical, and while the previous drabble was dark, this is the counterpoint of my soul to "Gift".

Quote:Title: Coldness

It was cold. I watched as I saw a hole swallow someone dear to me for the second time in my life. It had been cold the first time too. That had been ten years ago, just a child. My life changed the moment I saw that first hole; I knew beyond doubt that one day, I would enter a gaping maw of the earth. It was only at the second that the lesson of two cold days sank in. One day I will enter one of those holes; until that day, I live as if I will never die.

This is a true story. Now neither was horribly dear to me in life, but both taught me a lesson. Find, if you can, the hidden meanings in this passage, where I tell of more than one person with so few words. Two deaths, one showing my mortality, the other showing my immortality. I do not live to die, but I live because I will die. And so I live as if I will not.