Join our server on Discord

The Reader's Corner.
What great Digimon fictions have you read recently?

I myself have found two fantastic writers in the form of Ashna's Hope in Despair. I'm afraid it's actually on Tarnished Wings (Kenkeru), and not the DaD, but still. It's that angst-ridden thing. Maybe I'm just easy to toy with, emotions-wise, but it's enjoyable.

The other author is from Taidaied Love (obvious), Lavinder Feline for her What Makes You Sparkle. It just made me very happy, very happy indeed. I'm just simple like that.

So, who's read something positively brillient that they just have to sing about? (Note: not reveiws, just fictions you'd recommend. I'm stuck for reading material.)
For myself I recently read Wisemon's "Gump", not YET on the DAD, but it should be up before too long. For those not in the know most, if not all, of Wisemon's titles are Weird Al song titles, but this goes beyond referencing the song, to being a reflection of the movie -- and best of all, without the wearing on and on of thr movie. I found it a great fic for the unusual tone that Wisemon adopted, of being down to earth.

I also recently re-read Archive's "Unforgiven" and that fic still impacts me, three years after I judged it for a contest. It was a great piece then in explaining a possibility for a meek and submissive Ruki, and still is. I like to see tables turned and see well written stories that justify why the characters are so different from what we know, and I dont think I've yet seen an author (fan-author, at least) as skilled at weaving the threads together to achieve the results necessary to their story as Lord Archive.

Sadly, I don't read a lot of fan-fiction these days unless it's related to judging a contest or reviewing a story by request, so aside from those two I haven't really read any great stories online lately. If you're not much of one for straight fics, these may not be for you (and I know you also read Gump, Mullen, so I'm not recommending that to you), but they're still well written stories, whether the content is up your back alley or not.
Nate Hunter Wrote:If you're not much of one for straight fics, these may not be for you (and I know you also read Gump, Mullen, so I'm not recommending that to you), but they're still well written stories, whether the content is up your back alley or not.

Oh, this isn't for me. It was just inspired by my lack of reading material. This entire site is based around art and fiction, and yet there's no-where to discuss what you've read.
Here's a sample of what I've been reading lately (for my job).
http://www.tpub.com/content/elecequipmen...-14_14.htm

I admit that this section is pretty boring, but the demolition instructions are kind of interesting.

Quote:For myself I recently read Wisemon's "Gump", not YET on the DAD, but it should be up before too long. For those not in the know most, if not all, of Wisemon's titles are Weird Al song titles, but this goes beyond referencing the song, to being a reflection of the movie -- and best of all, without the wearing on and on of thr movie. I found it a great fic for the unusual tone that Wisemon adopted, of being down to earth.
It has been submitted. It should appear soon for public viewing. Thank you for the compliments.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
Thought I haven't been reading digimon fics, these books took up silly amounts of time to read:

1)Eisenhorn; by Dan Abnett

2)Ravenor; by Dan Abnett

3)The Last Chancers; by Gave Thorp (Still reading)

4)Ravenor Returned; by Dan Abnett

5)Gaunt's Ghosts: His last command; by Dan Abnett
I'm surprised Patton isn't on that list.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
These days? I've been reading stuff on maples:

-Maples of the World, Van Gelderen et als
-[i]Les
Red Katana's Shattered Emotions. The epilogue is b bit of a lame duck, but the rest is all happy smiles and fluff. It's nice to loose yourself in (warning: yaoi lime).