Join our server on Discord

The Dreamer Girl's Writings, Works and Thoughts
One of the stories I've been working on. Please read and lemme know what you think.Happy Reading! :)

Tales From The Kingdom Of Shadows

The dark halls were lit quite dimly with torches of fire burning as if dying. Black halls encased within this castle. Shadows run around back and forth through the dark halls and rooms contained many different forms of pain and torture. This castle was made of skulls and encased in thorns. The one who ruled this castle was a dark queen. Bitter with time but one who was wise and beautiful. Dressed in her black gown, wearing her dark makeup, her raven hair fell down over her shoulders, making her look more like a dark goddess than a queen. Her hand maidens, Sorrow and Grief stood patiently by her throne as she patiently awaited news from her own mistress, The Lady of Shadows and The Knight Of Darkness. They were the two people she loved most and cared for above all. They were bringing her news of what the Queen of The Red Rain said in response to her invitation to her weekly Ball of Torture. Usually, at these weekly balls, the lords and ladies of Queen Malene's court as well as the kings, queens, princes, princesses , and knights of the neighboring kingdoms attended. At last, after waiting for days for Queen Red Rain's answer, The Knight Of Darkness and Lady of Shadows returned. The grand black doors of the castle opened as a woman, whose skin was pale as death himself, with black makeup and long blonde hair with black streaks in it in a braid and a black attire, entered. She was the Lady of The Shadows. Next, a knight with black armor and black makeup as well as jet black hair which was down to his shoulders and pale skin just like everyone else in this kingdom, came in. He was the Knight Of Darkness."Shadow, Darkness, you've returned at last. I feared for you my dear ones." said Queen Malene. "Mistress, we are sorry to have worried you." said Shadow as her and Darkness bowed. Malene rose from her throne, her black hair falling over her pale shoulders as she bent down to raise Shadow and Darkness from their kneeling position in front of her. "You needn't bow and apologize my loves." said Malene. She raised Shadows chin so that her eyes could meet Malene's. Shadow's hazel eyes looked only with love into Malene's violet eyes. Malene smiled and kissed Shadow's black lips, and said"I love you, never forget that." " Never my lady, never." said Shadow. Darkness laughed a bitter little laugh when Sorrow said that. Malene looked at Darkness with a threatening look and Darkness looked down in submission to her beauty and power. He loved her too. Malene left Shadow and walked over to Darkness and looked into his eyes. She knew that her eyes could weaken his anger in a second. He stayed locked in his stare with her and said"I'm sorry my lady."Malene replied with a smile saying" Don't be so wicked Darkness, you know how I love you and your jealousy over Shadow must stop. I love you both in different ways." "Yes my lady. I know all too well." said Darkness with a hint of pain in his voice. Malene headed through a dark door as Shadow and Darkness followed quickly behind her. Malene walked down her dark halls as Fear ran down the hall jumping up on her dark dress. Malene smiled as her black wolf licked her face with happiness. His gold eyes showing nothing but love and loyalty for his lady. "Fear, down wolfling, down. Be a good wolf. I'm happy to see you as well." said Malene. The wolf immediately obeyed and walked by his lady's side as she walked down the hall leading the others. At last, after descending some stairs, she made it to the grand hall where the annual weekly ball was held. The shadows were fixing up the room. There were skulls with candles in them set by the main stairs where Malene would appear for the party. There were black, velvet curtains hung for the windows over by where the blood would be served to the many guests who would wish for some. Malene was more interested in wine than blood, it was just her like. But demons, are always rather used to drinking blood, its just something they were raised with and Malene could understand the concepts of such things. Skeletons hung on the walls by the doors where the guests would enter the room. The ghosts were all the way up by the ceiling hanging the corpses and securing them. Soulstorm, Malene's head witch, stood by the main staircase giving out instructions to some dark elves. Her silver hair fell in her face. and she looked quite calm. "Soulstorm, how are things coming along for the ball?" asked Malene quite content with the display so far. "Oh my lady, it is going quite well. We will have this room done by the end of the night." said Soulstorm with a relieved look on her face."Well, I commend you on the job so far. I think this display is just wonderful." said Malene smiling. Fear nudged against Soulstorm's leg. "Oh, Fear, I didnt see you there you grand wolf." said Soulstorm scratching Fear's ears. The black wolf's tongue hung out as he seemed to be enjoying having behind his ears scratched.Malene smiled and moved on as she ascended the main staircase. Shadow and Darkness followed once more. As she walked towards her room, she heard her two lovers following her. When she was in front of her chamber doors, she turned and looked at a very eager Shadow and Darkness and said "I will rest now before the ball tonight. It will be a long night and I must gather my strength and energy. " "Alright my lady, I think I will go and rest as well. " said Shadow as she leaned against the wall looking quite tired. "Yes, I believe I should as well. I must make sure that I have strength to be alert and keep you safe my mistress" said Darkness. He kissed Malene's hand and turned to leave. Malene and Sorrow watched Darkness leave towards his quarters. Shadow sighed and looked down, sadness on her face. Malene notcied this but said nothing as Shadow began to speak."Why does he hate me so my lady? I don't understand why if we love you both just the same." said Shadow as she looked at Malene. Malene grabbed Shadow's hand and walked with her into her chambers. She closed the door and walked Shadow over to by where the window was. Shadow wearily sat on the chair by the window. Malene sat next to her and began the explanation she drew from the answer to Shadow's question. "He doesn't hate you Shadow, he is just jealous." said Malene. "Why my lady when he knows you love us both equally?" said Shadow looking weary. " My dear Shadow, he loves me and the way that he sees things, he wants to be the only one to help me. He wants to be the only one who understands me and is by my side. He is jealous of you because he knows you feel the same way about me as he does and you are by my side as well." said Malene. "Oh my lady, what should I do?" asked Shadow looking malcontented. " Give it time and do not worry my love. I will talk with Darkness and all will be well once again." said Malene. "Yes my lady.I trust in you and I know that you will make things right." said Malene.
Malene kissed Shadow and held her hand gripping it. Shadow gasped and looked at Malene. "My lady?" said Malene out of breath, with a slight smile on her face. Malene nodded her head and Shadow walked with Malene over to Malene's bed. Malene took off Shadow's black cloak and put it on the chest near the foot of her bed. Shadow watched her and watched as Malene tooke her own black cloak off and put it next to Shadow's. Malene walked over to where Shadow lay and got on top of her. She took off Shadows' belt which held her dagger fast to her hip and unlaced Shadows' black knee high boots. Slowly and seductively she unlaced Shadow's tunic and slipped Shadows long black skirt off. Shadow now lay on the bed in her black undergarments. Malene took these off as well until Shadow was completely naked. Malene took her dress off and her laced up slippers which were all black. Her black hair fell over her face as she sat on top of Shadow naked. She tickled Shadows face as Shadows hands laid on Malenes waist. Shadow laughed and smiled with only love in her eyes. Malene gazed into Shadows' eyes and they were locked in a stare. "My lady, I love you so." said Shadow close to tears. Their love-making was always this emotional. Malene replies saying"As do I my light-haired lover." said Malene. Malene kissed Shadow ever so passionately and Shadow kissed back with just as much strength if not more. Malene kissed Shadow's neck, making her coo with passion. She continued to please her in ways unknown to a man. Shadow moaned and laid still while Malene put her into an even greater ectasy than their previous love-making. She screamed as she gently gripped Malene's shoulders. Malene smiled with satisfaction as she realized how much she truly was pleasing Shadow. Shadow moaned and thrashed around with passion as the last of her energy left her. Then she lay still, weak and complete as well as content. Yet another successful lovemaking. Malene crawled up to where Shadow's face was and kissed her as her lover gently smiled with satisfaction and love. Malene held Shadow with one hand and gripped the violet velvet blanket and covered them. She then gently wrapped both of her fragile, but strong, pale arms around Shadows' waist as she watched her sleep. Malene got no rest. She stayed up for hours as she watched her gentle Shadow sleep, smiling ever so slightly to make Malene love her even more. Shadow's hair fell over her face and Malene stroked it and tucked it behind her ear. She felt Shadow stir briefly and worried for her lover. She knew that usually when Shadow moved so restlessly, it was because she was having a nightmare. Malene also knew that her nightmare were also about her family. Shadow saw her family get killed in the most brutal of ways and it was a pain that Malene tried so hard to kill. Shadow was a very broken young woman and Malene tried hard to mend her broken heart and protect her the best ways that she knew how. It was because of this fact,that no one dared to mess with Shadow or Malene would punish them in the most cruel of ways. Shadow was faithful and loyal to Malene because Malene took her in when she had no one else. But, with time Malene and Shadow fell in love and their love was simple. Shadow asked for nothing and yet, Malene gave her everything, the best she could. After some time, Shadow finally woke up but, it was not the best way to awake. She awoke crying and Malene knew what she needed most. Shadow turned over and cried into Malene's shoulder as Malene held her. Malene stroked Shadows hair and reassured her and said "It's okay. You're safe now and I'll take care of you.They can't hurt you anymore and I won't let them." said Malene with a sorrowful expression. Shadow sobbed and managed to speak through broken words. "Oh my lady, I keep seeing their faces and it hurts. What can I do? No matter how hard I try, I can never stop them.I always see their twisted smiles and see them laughing so evily. Oh goddess, I can't take it anymore. When will this stop? When will the nightmares end?" said Shadow as she looked up at Malene with tears in her eyes. Malene wiped the tears away and kissed Shadow's forehead."It's okay Shadow. I love you and I will keep you safe. You cannot stop what happened, it did and I cannot stop the nightmares. But, know that every time you wake up, you can wake up next to me and I'm keeping you safe. My dear Shadow, I love you, always. Never forget that." said Malene with a sad smile on her face as her violet eyes met her lovers sorrowful hazel ones.Malene got up with Sorrow and brushed her black streaked blonde hair out of her face, tucking it behind her ear. Shadow smiled and said "I love you my lady." Malene said "I love you as well my dear one." She walked over to the bed naked, her body glowing in the moonlight. She had the body of a goddess and it was one of the most beautiful things Shadow had ever seen in her whole life.Malene grabbed a velvet violet blanket and walked over to Shadow standing in the moonlight as well. She wrapped the blanket around Shadow's beautiful form and Shadow held the blanket fast to her chest. Malene wrapped a blanket around herself as well. Malene called for her handmaidens Sorrow and Grief. They came in and walked immediately over to Malene. "Yes my lady?" asked both maidens in unison. "Grief, I'd like you to take Shadow and to bathe her as well as dress her." said Malene. "Yes my lady.Right away." said Grief as she left th room to go and get Shadow's bath ready. Shadow said" Must I leave you my lady?" "Yes my beautiful one. We will see each other soon. I promise." said Malene. She kissed Shadow's forehead and Shadow smiled as she left the room to follow Grief. "Sorrow. You'll attend to me. I hope you don't mind."said Malene smiling. "No mistress, of course not." said Sorrow smiling sadly. Sorrow left the room and Malene followed. They walked down a long, winding corridor as they finally got to the room where the bathing was to be held. Black curtains were undrawn as Sorrow walked hastily to the other room connected to the bathing room to get some towels and soaps. She came back to where Maleen was and took Maleen's blanket from her leaving her naked in the moonlight. Maleen stepped into the bath. The water was cool and Maleen sighed with relief. Sorrow sat next to her and began to scrub Maleen's back. Maleen smiled at Sorrow and brushed a strand piece of brown hair out of Sorrow's face. Sorrow politely smiled at Maleen and continued washing Maleen's back. Maleen talked with Sorrow as she bathed her. "Sorrow, am I a good ruler?" asked Maleen looking out at the moon. "Yes, my lady, you are." said Sorrow. "I want you to be honest with me Sorrow. You needn't be so formal. I won't punish you for telling me the truth. You should know me better than that." said Maleen. Sorrow looked at Maleen nervously and hesitated for a brief moment. "Yes my lady, in all honesty, you truly are. You help others and you do what is right and just. I think that for you to take in Lady Shadow when you barely knew her, was really kind of you. I believe in you my lady and I honor as well as respect you." said Sorrow. Malene smiled at Sorrow and said"Thank you Sorrow.I like you being honest with me, I would like for you to do so more often." said Malene. "Yes my lady, I will if it would please you."said Sorrow smiling. Sorrow finished bathing Maleen and now Maleen smelled like Lavendar which was one of her favorite scents. The ball had already begun and guests were already starting to arrive. Queen Red Rain had already arrived with her two daughters, Princess Teardrop and Princess Torment. Queen Red Rain was dressed in a burgundy red dress and wore dark red makeup.Her dark red hair flowed gently down her back. Her two daughters followed quickly behind her. Princess Teardrop was a thin girl. She had pale skin and her light red hair was put up and her maroon colored dress made her look stunning. Princess Torment walked sulkily behind her oh so charming mother and sister. Her bright red hair made it very easy for anyone to spot her, even from a mile away. Her crimson colored dress made her even more appealing. Both princesses were of age and were trying to be married off. Queen Red Rain happened to be a close friend of Malene and was many years older than the young queen. The princesses were a few years younger than Malene but, Malene was still not married and she was quite a powerful and good ruler. She had a good reputation and many loved her and respected her. Shadow made her way through the crowd and managed to find Darkness. He looked charming standing over by Princess Heartache. He was having quite a good conversation when Shadow interrupted them. "Hello Darkness, hello Heartache." said Shadow. "Oh hello Lady Shadow. How have you been? I missed our last talk together. It was very spirited." said heartache. She stood wearing a violet dress and her long brown hair hung over her shoulder covering her breast.Her eyes were a bright blue. "Shadow,what are you doing here?Shouldn't you be with Malene?" asked Darkness inquisitively."She told me that she would meet me here." said Shadow. "Well, if you'll excuse me, I think I'll go and find her." said Darkness."Okay I will stay here." said Shadow. Darkness nodded and left to search for Malene.
Gee, it's a... not what I would expect from someone named Dreamer. It's dark, and I don't mean dark in a serious and somber way, I mean literally dark in a redundant imagery kind of way.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
It hurts my head to try and read this block paragraph. I may try again later, but for now I'm too tired to waste time with that mess of text.
Why thanks!!Thats me the Broken Poetess as I like to call myself. Do you want me to post some of my poems?I probably will.Thanks for the reviews.Being a dreamer doesnt mean you have to dream about just good things. Be open minded.Thats one of the essentials of being a reader.Lol. Thanks anyway.

~Dreamer~

~Shade and Sweet Water~
Where We Are Now

I don't know how we got

from there to here

We can barely talk to each

other without getting angry

I blame you and you blame

me and we both know

who messed up

We both know the truth and

how you can never take it back

or make it better

But, I hate it when one minute

you're fine with me and the

next

You act like an ass towards me

How did we once love each other

so much and how did you once

worship me

But now, we hate each other beyond

what words can say

We yell and fight all of the time

We can't even be friends and I

don't know what to do about it

I could just tell you to fuck yourself

and to never speak to me again

But could I really be that cruel?

Why should I even care?

This morning I talked to you on

the phone because you called me

I could have disconnected the phone

and gone undisturbed back to sleep

But instead of doing that

I picked up the phone and talked to

you as tired as I was

It was all for nothing because

you took your shitty little attitude out

on me

And I had to put up with it and

get pissed off too early in the morning

You're acting all depressed and saying

you can't deal with it

Can't take life and that you may kill

yourself

You talk about how you don't want pity

or to hear a lecture

I'm almost sorry that I ever cared about

you because you piss me off

And one of these days, you'll piss

me off enough to smack the shit out

of you

I couldn't help but feel a little sorrow

because I wondered how we got from

there to here

How we got from love to hate

How we got from lovers to enemies

I'm sad because it had to be this way

But I will not cry because it was meant

to happen

If I would have known it would end this

way

I wouldn't have tried and I would have had

nothing to do with you

I can only hope that things work out with you

Because just as much as I can hate, I

can love and forgive

But, you've gone too far this time and we

can't ever be as close as we used to be again

After I thought about all of this

I went to sleep accepting that this is just

how life is and that I'll deal with this

with time

And I went to sleep smiling as I remembered

all the fun we had

And I went to sleep sad as I thought of

what a shame it was

I know that you may not survive your life

Because you may end up taking it

But, I only wish that you weren't so pathetic

and weak

Maybe I could go to sleep easier if I knew

for sure you'd make it

But I can't for now but maybe there is some

reassurance in knowing that I tried as hard

as I could and did all I could

I just wanna tell you that despite all of the

hate you have for me

I wish you the best of luck and I hope you

make it.

By Melissa Y. Vasquez
6/25/06
I'm going to be harsh here, but I'm a published poet,
http://firststeppressonline.bravehost.co...ght_2.html
so anything I say can be taken as constructive.

I'm not a fan of stream of consciousness poetry. This poem is an example of why I'm not a fan. Your words are redundant. Your thoughts recirculate. You don't bother with a thesaurus, because it's all what was on your mind. If you could start to think with a larger vocabulary, you could solve a lot of your redundancies while still writing stream of consciousness. Maybe the key to writing stream of consciousness poetry is to not linger on one thought for too long. Personally, I don't write stream of consciousness poetry. I usually write formal poetry, and I plan out what I want to say. Then I think about how I want to say it. Then I go back and edit it. I takes a lot longer to write poetry that way, but the finished product looks and sounds a whole lot better. I've been told by the other students in my creative writing class that I'm in a league of my own; there's no easy way to get there.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
gee, thanks for the encouragement.Yeah, i know, i said it because its my style of writing, its freelance and not everyone chooses to write like how i do.To each his own wisemon, to each his own.You can be as harsh as you want but it wont faze me because i dont need your approval to tell me how to write.I write what I feel and I write how i want and there's no law against that.So, comment away and be as harsh as you want but it wont change how i write or which poems i post on here.Thanks. Happy Reading! :)
Sweet Satisfaction That Is Cutting

Watching the sweet drop of crimson liquid
fall to the floor
The pain hurts less and less
With each drop the burden doesn't hurt
as much
You don't even feel the pain anymore
Tears dont matter anymore
And you're falling away from yourself
You've been here so many times before
And how many more will you be here again
How much more blood and how much more
grief
Can your heart take it anymore?
It can't and that's why you're doing it
Cause you want people to see your pain
And thats the only way
By showing them what you look like on
the inside on the outside
Knowing all the while as you cut your
soft and vunerable flesh
That somehow it will make things better
It'll help you get the pain out
You wanna blame yourself for the heartache
you've given others
You cut yourself to get the anger out
To stop the feelings, to stop the pain
The dark thoughts swirl in your head
Unleashing the bitter demons deep within
yourself
They tempt you to hold on to that knife
And to let yourself go through red uncaring
drops of blood
Doesn't matter anymore does it?
If you take that life of yours that you
feel is so meaningless
It's the words, the words you hear them all say
How you hear them ask why you're doing this
to them
And you ask why you did it, why you hurt them
Why you hurt people everytime and why it hurts
so bad
You keep asking yourself how much more can you
take?
How many more times will you do this to others?
And you don't want to hurt them anymore
You don't want to hurt yourself anymore
The tears never stop and you feel alone
Like no one understands the pain you feel
And you feel like the only way you can get it
out is by letting the blood drip
Like somehow it creates a solution and will
make it all better
All the mixed up thoughts and feelings slip
away
And you lose yourself with every drop at least
for a little while
And when the wounds become scars and
they show so easily on your skin
Sometimes people see the scars and know
They know all of the pain and they judge you
Thinking about how pathetic you are that you
had to do something as sick as that just
to escape your pain and emotions
They call you sick and weak and demented
When in fact they cant even understand
The pain or the hurt or the guilt
They dont know the darkness you feel
And how cutting yourself brings you some
sort of sick relief
And day after day it hurts a little less, as
you cut even more and even deeper
Its pain and its joy all because of fear
Your dark thoughts overtake you as you continue
to let the drops of blood drip
Never changing and always hurting.

By Melissa Y. Vasquez
7/23/06
Well, Wisemon, I have read some of your poetry, I have to say that I like it really, though a bit too short and too the point if you ask me. People want to know that there is more to be known with each line closer to the end and so in writing longer, you give them suspense and allow for them to like the poem even more.Yours are short and I like them but, so straight and to the point almost as if you didnt have time to feel or express more.But, otherwise great job.Remember, everyones style of writing is different and a great poet can be any age.Good job, I hope to read more of your works.Oh, and Thesaurus's arent needed when it comes to poetry, poetry comes from the soul, thus no extra editing is needed, you make your poetry too formal and that can tend to make it boring. No offense because I like your poetry.
Well, Wisemon, I have read some of your poetry, I have to say that I like it really, though a bit too short and too the point if you ask me. People want to know that there is more to be known with each line closer to the end and so in writing longer, you give them suspense and allow for them to like the poem even more.Yours are short and I like them but, so straight and to the point almost as if you didnt have time to feel or express more.But, otherwise great job.Remember, everyones style of writing is different and a great poet can be any age.Good job, I hope to read more of your works.Oh, and Thesaurus's arent needed when it comes to poetry, poetry comes from the soul, thus no extra editing is needed, you make your poetry too formal and that can tend to make it boring. No offense because I like your poetry.