Join our server on Discord

Digital Music
Have you ever heard a song that reminded you of a Digimon character?

I was browsing YouTube, as you do, and I came across two gems. The shortest is about Izzy, and is over here.

The other is a fantastic one about Ken, but most especially The Emperor. It's just over there.

So, any songs that remind you of Digimon characters (other than the actual soundtrack)?
That one for Koushiro was terrible. The Motorhead song for Ken was pretty good. At the end of my DOSSOTS series, I've been giving everyone theme songs. Here's a few of them:

Rika
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
Wisemon Wrote:That one for Koushiro was terrible.

Well, it was just about the voice acting, not the character itself. I know I'll laugh the next time "Poor Bands we Thought were Alright in the '90s" comes on ITV.
Kiss' "The creatures of the night" for Beelzemon.
I have this weird habit of imagining Digimon music videos in my head to Pok
I tend to have at least a personal soundtrack to my stories... Whether or not I share the music, I can't help it. Music inspires all things people do, but especially other artistic behaviours.

Some particular songs...

Jars of Clay "Flood" - Jyou (Digimon Adventure: Through the Looking Glass)
Queen "Bohemian Rhapsody" - Genki (as above)
"Words That We Couldn't Say" (from Cowboy Bebop) - Taichi & Sora, Yamato & Taichi (I can't help that I view Yamato as gay, I'm just not sure exactly why)
Weird Al, various songs - Play the Game series
Goo Goo Dolls "Iris" - Renamon "I Wish"
Foo Fighter "No Way Back" - Jenrya "I Wish"

Future Lives Series:
Randy Stonehill "Wonderama" - Future Lives Main Theme
DragonForce "Blackfire" - Ken's Freedom
Verve Pipe "Freshmen" - Takeru's Lament
Barenaked Ladies "Alcohol" - Takeru's Problem
Blue October "Hate Me" - Takeru's Bitterness
Hikaru Utada "In My Room" - Hikari's Future
Hikaru Utada "Tippy Toe" - Mimi & Michael

Some of these songs are newer than the stories, but it doesn't change how I associate with them. This is only a handful, as I don't keep track clearly out of my collection which songs I identify with who(m) and from what series or story. . .
Nate Hunter Wrote:(I can't help that I view Yamato as gay, I'm just not sure exactly why)

He does seem the type, doesn't he? It's his hair, and the way he wears his uniform: he unbuttons his collar, but not his blazer, which is clearly a choice in style, rather than comfort.
Quote:Foo Fighter "No Way Back" - Jenrya "I Wish"
Funny, I used Foo Fighters' "No Way Back" as Junpei and Izumi's main theme for my Death of Seasons: Shadow on the Sun series. I chose the song because they chose to be stranded together in the digital world for the rest of their digital lives. I also chose it because I designated Junpei's birthday as June 14, and Foo Fighters' "In Your Honor" was released June 14 of last year. It was the perfect birthday present for me. I still say Foo Fighters first album was their most solid one though. The acoustic tracks on "In Your Honor" are pretty bad.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against