Join our server on Discord

Passion in sex scenes
I've been writing adult stories for almost two or three years and one thing I simply can't get done is putting serious passion in my sex scenes.

If you want an example of what I'm trying to achieve, go to the cartoon section of adultfanfiction.net and then go to Jackie Chan Adventures. There's this author called Spleefmistress on there and she writes the best Jade/Hsi Wu love stories I've ever read (Read some of her stories and you'll see why).

She makes the sex scenes look realistic and passionate, while mine are real choppy and hardly believable. I'd really appreciate any help you guys can offer. Thank you.
--->First make the reader connect emotionally
-> In order for anything to seem or feel, you as the author have the responsibility for instilling a 'feeling' the readers can connect to, and thus, builds passion. Your characters need to have motivation, a goal, something that drives them in their emotions.

--->Second, emotion is like snowfall, it accumulates overtime
->This is the most important aspect. Time. Time to build a character that has weaknesses and faults. Time to shape your character throughout the story and effect the reader overall. Impulsive emotion stands like puddle water: stagnant, drawn out, and shallow.

--->Thirdly, create a tone through SETTING or scene.
->Something that helps, or that I think, is the setting which the action takes place. Tone through setting instills a sense of mood throughout it, an image thats not refined, yet known.

[For instance]

[And from my own thoughts...]

-Your main character could 'copulate' in a small forest grotto overlooking a masoned overhang, shadows encroaching their wears as they dance between it and the moonlight. Above, the guards stir in dismal sleep.

-Your main character could 'mate' in a steel cage inside a petting zoo. The rich aroma of manure tantalizing to him like smelling the skin of his mate. Nearby animals stir in their presence, their lull grunts an odd sounding chorus that he finds beautiful. He takes her into the drinking fountain--the rock outcrop just before the steel bars--the highest limb entrapped by the endless netting.

-Your main character could 'devil' in the middle of a hostile skirmish, bullets being exchange so close to their faces, the air around them steams. Men die on their feet: Trooper Manzelli stumbles back from his fire slit, face split in a cruel half; Sharpshooter Letten ejects a hot magazine onto your heroine's bare skin, forcing her cries louder than before, making the hero wary. His belittled fortess of Hab Containers buckle under the bullets swording throughout its sides, but the lovers continue....

[They're not perfect]

In any case, setting can greatly enhance emotions.
Marine is right.

Building the emotion is definately important. Describing how the characters are feeling is a definte winner.
Characterisation and emotion should be dealt with in every story, anyway.

I'd say Action, Emotion, Sensation. Discribe, in deep detail, what characters are doing; discribe the feelings generated by these actions. The sesations created in your characters give your readers something to relate to and put themselves into: that is a secret of good a sex scene.
Passionate love scenes... Ask me about comedic dialogue and passages with multiple meanings.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
cboy Wrote:I've been writing adult stories for almost two or three years and one thing I simply can't get done is putting serious passion in my sex scenes. ... She makes the sex scenes look realistic and passionate, while mine are real choppy and hardly believable. I'd really appreciate any help you guys can offer. Thank you.

The first step is to realise that all fanfiction is a story first and foremost. If you want emotional, passionate sex, you need to have emotional, passionate characters. This means investing time into making a story in which they can exist and develop emotionally.

The second step is to realise that not every sex scene needs to be emotional and passionate. I have a book about how to write sex into a story, be it fiction or non-fiction, and understanding the emotional tone of the event, be it positive, negative or neutral, is important to writing a sex scene.

The third step is to read these stories and learn from them. Passion comes from having a realistic, emotional character. Lack of passion can also come from this, depending on the circumstances, but often can stem from flat characters, or a story built only to the sex, and not to the story as a whole.

Some advice from this, then...

First, determine who your characters will be and how they will feel. Every great author works from the ends to determine their means. As an example, you would work from "Character X is submissive" on to WHY Character X is submissive, and how s/he became that way. That could become your story -- how and/or why she became submissive.

Second, determine the relationships that will exist between your characters before and at the time they have sex. Is Character X submissive in general, or is it only in particular circumstances, where s/he has accepted and/or embraced this role? Perhaps even only to a specific person (his/her spouse/mate)? If Character X is only submissive towards Character Y, who is her husband, why is she submissive to him? Does she feel this expresses her love, sympathy, or something else towards him? If they are close and she is submissive primarily or only towards him, it's able to lead to a more passionate sex scene than if she is submissive out of guilt for something she did in the past, out of obligation, or if she is just submissive in general.

Thirdly, determine the relationships that will exist between the characters after the time they have sex. Will this damage their relationship? Will something one of them might cry out during an impassioned sex scene strengthen or weaken their relationship? Perhaps in spite of their passion, they've only come together because they know their first choice is out of reach. Perhaps this is only a one-sided thing. So perhaps Character X is only with Character Y because for one reason or another, Character Y can't be with his/her first choice in Character Z. Because of this, no matter how much passion X/Y has, Y will be viewing X as Z.

Here's a hypothetical example from my own series, "Lost Light". This probably will, but may not, be in the series at some point.

My characters for this example are Hikari (Angela) and Sora (Kaoru). This gives me the basic "who". But who are they within "Lost Light"?

Sora is Angemon's lover, and nobody could replace him in her mind. She is submissive to him out of her love for him, and made herself his slave. In fact, she would only have intercourse with another man if Angemon (Tenshi) told her to. She doesn't have the same qualms about women, partly because she isn't as interested in them.

Hikari has been sold into this by her brother, boyfriend, and another friend (Taichi, Takeru and Daisuke). She does not like being here, nor does she like being obedient, and especially not being owned by Angemon. In her mind, Sora is the only person she can trust and still truly confide in.

What is their relationship before and during the sex scene? In this hypothetical scene, Sora is being a comforting friend. Hikari has been here for some time, and is start to lose her sense of self. They are friends, and closer than they ever were before Hikari found herself here. In this scene, Sora offers her body to her friend. This is an act of comfort, not lust or sexual tension or anything. Anything that happens is going to be tempered through the emotions of one of these two characters at the time.

What is their relationship after the sex scene? Because Sora is not forceful or commanding, Hikari still finds comfort and friendship with her. Their relationship grows into more of a mother-daughter relationship following the scene, and Sora helps Hikari see that submission isn't a loss or a failing, but a choice one can make and still be strong. This is one of the major themes Hikari encounters through Sora in this series, that submission isn't a sign of weakness, but one of strength.

These are just some of my thoughts... the hypothetical sex scene above isn't going to be a deep loving, romantic, passionate scene, but it would have its own passion based on how these characters relate to each other at the time of the event.
Get really drunk, fuck a random chick (Preferably older than you), and write of your experiences. At least, then you can get more juicy details. It really works! (Of course critics will say your characters are like they just met moments ago to fuck, which is ironic since that'd be exactly how you'd meet the chick)
[Image: Seethsig.jpg]

[Image: promo.jpg]

Lord Patamon Wrote:King of sadism alright, that's a perfect title for you
MISTER BIG T Wrote:Get really drunk, fuck a random chick (Preferably older than you), and write of your experiences. At least, then you can get more juicy details. It really works! (Of course critics will say your characters are like they just met moments ago to fuck, which is ironic since that'd be exactly how you'd meet the chick)

But it fails to address the question of emotional passion in the sex scene.
Check out my latest reveiw on Dragoon's Perfect Lovers. I talk about the discription of the female form as a thing of beauty: your question is on passion in your characters, but really you want passion inspired in your reader. Take a gander, and take what you want from it.
What I'm looking for is a way to put the love in "lovemaking". I want the sex scene to look like the characters are truly in love, not having a wild quickie. I want my stories to fall under the romance category, not the hentai category.

P.S. Hey Nate, could you give me the author and title of that book you're talking about. It sounds like something I could really use.