Join our server on Discord

Are my morals making me miss out?
I was raised to believe in abstinence. I was told time and time again that sex was for after marriage. However, everywhere I go, I hear people talking about getting laid. I know some of them are probably speaking with a forked tongue, but I don't think they all are. And I also hear some of my co-workers talking about how much of a pain in the ass marriage is and how sex kind of goes on the back burner after the first few years.

Am I in the right here, or am I just being a stick in the mud? I feel like I'm missing out on a good thing and I really don't want to go through life without doing "it" at least once.
It's good to see that your morals are important to you. It's also good to see that your parents did a good job of instilling a strong sense of morality in you. However, if you think that it might robbing your life of something, maybe you should step back and re-evaluate why you feel that way about pre-marital sex.

Personally, I have no issue with pre-marital sex. That's why I have it. That's a decision I decided to make.

If I may make a suggestion, I'd advise that you wait until you find someone that you really love deeply before having sex. Sex without romantic involvement gets exceedingly complicated very quickly.
How easy is it to get STD's, because when my girlfriend and I were still together, we fooled around a bit (groping, breast play), but I wasn't willing to go much farther because I was worried about STDs. I'd probably be willing to do some oral before marriage, but only if I was sure it wouldn't have...repurcussions. Straight sex is out because my best friend did it and now he's raising a child at seven-teen.
Personally, I'm a virgin. I would prefer to get married before sex, but I might've gone past the age where that's feasible. Sure, I've gotten envious when friends have talked about getting laid, but I get more envious when they talk about serious relationships, ones that can lead to marriage. The way I look at it, sex without a relationship doesn't really get you anywhere that you can't go by yourself. Other people don't see it that way, which, to answer your question, is part of why 50% of the kids at my university had some sort of venereal disease.

It
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
Well as far as STDs go I wouldn't worry if the proper precautions were taken. As long as you have someone you love deeply and are commited to then all else you need is a condom. I would try to get your girl on the pill if I could as well ( just in case). Condoms have been clinically proven, when used correctly, to reduce the risk of pregnancy by 97% and STD"S by 85%. If you are still worried I would take your partner to get a STD test.. it will eliminate all doubt of an STD.

:D
Thanks sex ed!
Veemon's Followers
I have, it's not the big deal though it's nothing to be proud about. In anycase after knowing the person you are with you'll see if they person has sex usually which most probably will mean that you'll catch something.
If a person near to me wants sex I might do it , if I see they're ok ( good people), care about my feelings and don't force me into anything.
Veemon's Followers
cboy Wrote:How easy is it to get STD's, because when my girlfriend and I were still together, we fooled around a bit (groping, breast play), but I wasn't willing to go much farther because I was worried about STDs. I'd probably be willing to do some oral before marriage, but only if I was sure it wouldn't have...repurcussions. Straight sex is out because my best friend did it and now he's raising a child at seven-teen.

How old are you? That should probably come into consideration, as well. I wouldn't advise it until you're at least 16 or 17.

If you're going out with someone and worried about catching an STD, go to the clinic and get blood tests done on yourselves. If you get a clean bill of health there, you can go to town and not worry about it. It's virtually impossible to contract an STD via oral sex. The infected fluid generally has to come in contact with open blood vessels. That doesn't usually happen during oral sex (unless an awful lot of teeth are involved), so the contraction of STD's in this case is very unlikely, especially compared with vaginal or anal intercourse (the latter which poses a very high risk of transmission).

Basically, unless one of you has an STD (aren't they called STI's now?), one isn't going to spontaneously develop in you to ruin your lives.

If she's on the pill and you're using a condom, it's highly unlikely that pregnancy will actually happen, especially if she's been on the pill for a long time. My GF has been on the pill since she was 15 and I rarely use a condom, only if she fucked up her pill, and we've had no complications. NOT THAT I'M SUGGEESTING IT FOR EVERYTONE!! I'm ready for the eventuality of having a child. If it's sooner or later, it doesn't make a difference to me.

[quote=Wisemon]It
I'm nineteen. And now that I think about it, I probably did something stupid on prom night last year. My girlfriend and I went to a secluded spot to fool around after prom and I talked about how I wish we could go all the way. She asked me if I would do if she had a condom and I said no. I kind of wish I had said yes now.

Is there any shame in doing it with a girl you don't plan on marrying, because my best friend's sister and I fooled around too (Though we both had an affection for each other, we also knew it was only a close friendship, not a romance. And just so you know, I asked her if she wanted to fool around and she said she didn't mind, so it was consensual). She's not there right now (for reasons I don't want to go into), but I'm thinking about asking her if she wants to fool around again when she gets back.
Sure, do whatever your penis tells you to do, but don't expect me to respect you.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
Hey, we only did minor stuff, we never went all the way. We both respected each other's decision and we both made sure that one of us wasn't forcing the other into doing something he/she didn't want to do. We both got curious about it one night and we both decided to explore it. She made it clear that she didn't mind and I made it clear that if she ever wanted to stop, I would obey.

And I can guarantee you I'm showing a lot more respect towards women than some of my co-workers. I don't see women as playthings, which is why I don't sleep around like my co-workers seem to be doing. A lot of my co-workers meet a girl, get together, screw the girl, and then suddenly break up with her and repeat the process.