Join our server on Discord

PS3, rumors, true?
Sony hinted that PS3 games are protected. People said Sony is commiting suicide.

Example:
If you have PS 2 games, you can bring to your friend's house and play. Or borrow your friends. Before you buy it, you can rent it (in US only? Malaysia cannot rent at all). In short, you can carry PS2 games and play anywhere.

But for PS3, you can't.
If you played a PS3 game with your console, you CANNOT play it on other consoles anymore. This mean, you CANNOT rent a PS3 game anymore. You CANNOT play PS3 game on your friend's house or borrow your friends.

Sony said that this is for copyright and protection against pirated copies purposes.

People said if Sony really did such protection, no people will buy PS3 anymore.

I don't know if this is true or not, because I want to buy a PS3. lol
[Image: Renamon2.jpg]
sounds stupid if its true, don't know why they would do something like this now.
Link?

Sony is too business savvy to make a huge misstep like that. I'll believe that if I read it from a reputable source. Until then, I don't believe it for a second.
And how would they protect the disc's from being played on other systems? Seems impossible to me.
if its true im sure not getting a PS3, i rarly buy games, 98% of the time i rent, n even when i buy i rent it first
Why are you even entertaining the possibility that it may be true? It's ridiculous, and the financial equivalent of cutting off their arms. Like I said before, link? Where's the link to this rumor? Reputable source, please!
Inside the DVD, there is code. Just like your original Windows code.

When the PS3 read the disc, it will copy the code into it's memory (machine). And then delete the code.

So, when you take the disc to other PS3, the PS3 will check for the code. It will not run without the code.

Got the news for newspaper.

lol
[Image: Renamon2.jpg]
Honeslty, that does sound incredibly retarded. And it also sound untrue.

Then again, I don't even know if I'll even buy a PS3, what with the ridiculous price, and all.

...buuuuuut perhaps you can give us the link and/or an exerpt of the article you found this in?
It's gotta be a rumor. First off it'd cost way too much to customize every system and they'd lose alot of money from rentals.
"Stand tall and shake the heavens!" - Xenogears.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
It sounds wrong to me because what happens if the owner of games and PS3 accidentally breaks his PS3 and replaces it with another one?