Join our server on Discord

Maths
don't count on university subjects though =p

just leave a exercise that's being a pain in the ass for you.

and if you don't understand something I can try to explain it to you. though, try to get to the point or I'll have to go back too much in terms of basics not knowing where the problem is. If I see there are more problems in relation to the one that was exposed ofcourse I'll help.

mental guy also can help with maths

edit: contact me via msn messenger if you need help
Veemon's Followers
I might need some help when PMA 12 comes along, but until that happens, I have a pretty good Math riddle that definitely was a pain in the ass for me that I want to share. Here it is:

~~--~~THE M$SS$NG DOLLAR~~--~~
Three friends check into a motel for the night and the clerk tells them the bill is $30, payable in advance. So, they each pay the clerk $10 and go to their room. A few minutes later, the clerk realizes he has made an error and overcharged the trio by $5. He asks the bellhop to return $5 to the 3 friends who had just checked in. The bellhop sees this as an opportunity to make $2 as he reasons that the three friends would have a tough time dividing $5 evenly among them; so he decides to tell them that the clerk made a mistake of only $3, giving a dollar back to each of the friends. He pockets the leftover $2 and goes home for the day! Now, each of the three friends gets a dollar back, thus they each paid $9 for the room which is a total of $27 for the night. We know the bellhop pocketed $2 and adding that to the $27, you get $29, not $30 which was originally spent. Where did the other dollar go????

If it can't be solved in a week (I'm sure it will be) I'll post the answer!
ive solved this before, but i forgot. lol,

i think somewhere while subtracting or something it gets lost.
but the statment that says they each paid 9 dollars is false
they all paid 10, and were given 1 back apeice
hmm, i still dont remember... lol
i think you are forgetting to add a 1, for the amount in change any one of the guests get. i dont know, now im confused and pissed, and i gotta go look up the real answer. lol
Renamon's Army
It's pulling a fast one on you. Just cause they each got a dollar back doesn't mean they each paid $9, as weird as that sounds. He charged them $30. Gave back $5. That's $25 with $5 change. Bellhop only gave them $3, that's $28, and the $2 that the bellhop kept. the dollar isn't missing, but if it were, we could blame that blasted bellhop of a theif.
Yup, you totally got it, and Renamon was definitely on to it. Here's the fulll solution: The only trick to the equation is that addition and subtraction are switched and done at wrong times to throw you off. Most people will simply look for math errors, but if you look at a certain portion (the clerk tells them the bill is $30, payable in advance. So, they each pay the clerk $10 and go to their room. A few minutes later, the clerk realizes he has made an error and overcharged the trio by $5) you'll see that you should be using 25$ for the addition, not 27$ (from 9$ x 3 friends)

25$ (what they should have been charged) + 3$ (given back to them) + 2$ (kept by the bellhop) = 30$!!
thx for putting it in a better way KS_Naslund, i couldn't think of a good way!
Renamon's Army