Join our server on Discord

Read this, please! (Updated! 18, Dec, 2006)
Hello, welcome to the never ending world of Role Playing Games, I, DMX, shall point out the basic things you should know before posting in this forum pad, before any complaints arise or anything.

For first, please stay TOTALLY on topic, if someone asks a question, and I don't answer it, then you are free to do so, but if you don't have an answer, then don't butt in saying random things, I don't care how many snails you can stuff up inside your mouth.

Now, I'd like to point out that here, is a free forum to clarify your doubts, so please, be kind enough to not flame users who don't know about something you probably have been repeating to yourself since you were 11; or making them feel like idiots for acting dumb questions with sarcastic or ironic comments about their knowledge. No one is Mr. Perfect here; I think he's working for Wikipedia or something like that.

As for the questions, don't worry if you feel your question about something you don't know is totally and utterly idiotic or maybe too easy for us to answer, if you don't know it, then ask, or you'll never know the answer until you take the time to totally get what people mean in RPG's.

So, with all this, I hope you know how you should post, thank you. *leaves*

*comes back crashing through a wall* Oh, and I forgot, if someone mentions a rule or writes it for his RPG, then you must follow it, UNLESS it breaks any of the already existant ones. Such as Power Play, God Mode, Speeding Up/Post Flooding, etc...

So now, I take my leave, if you want to ask, then go ahead!
[Image: FearthatPlushy.jpg]
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Hey DMX, hope you don't mind me butting into your forum but a few things just to note, these are more just little nuisances but still,

Third person is the general format of writing used for most RPGs, It's an easy to read and understand form which most if not all prefer. And this next one is more of an annoyance; Smileys don't belong in RPGs, unless used in an OOC comment otherwise they draw away from the story.

Again, hope you don't mind me butting in but I just thought that should be noted.
"Stand tall and shake the heavens!" - Xenogears.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Well that's just to be followed by the ones who actually have that preference. Yeah, it makes it easier and more common; but some times people don't want to do it the same way as you. Still- I have to agree it's annoying seeing smileys and people writing for characters like if they were THEM.

Lol, don't worry about suggesting rules, that's why this forum's for. Helping the RPG's get better for everyone!
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
I just wanted to point out that Mr. Perfect works for Walgreens.

Thought you might want to know that.

EDIT:Sorry, I guess this wasn't the best place to crack a joke. My bad. I shall refrain from doing so in places where it is not needed.
Renamon's Army
Correct. The next spammish post in my Announcement will get deleted immediately at my sight, Renamon_S3.

Now, I wanted to post an Update because I seemingly forgot about something important regarding an accident of certain member I won't mention in here.

Feel free, again, to post up your ideas to help others, but do not, I repeat, do NOT start RPGs in THIS pad. This is a pad for asking questions about RPGs, not to start them!
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Hello. I hope this does not sound "worthy of being deleted", but I feel I shoul ask, for myself and others who may not know:

Is it possible to get some definitions of some basic terms that might appear in the rules, or whatever?

For example; god modding/moding, powerplays, etc. (two mentioned are big ones for me)
Just to clarify what it is people are talking about
Renamon's Army
The Sabre Clan
The OCA
Veemon's Followers
Lady Devimon's Minions
Creative Minds
Gabumon Loverz
Sure. We can compile those here, but it'd be better if you actually asked the terms. If you tell me them, I'll be able to 'translate' them for you.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Ok...godmoding and power plays...if anymore come up I ask
Renamon's Army
The Sabre Clan
The OCA
Veemon's Followers
Lady Devimon's Minions
Creative Minds
Gabumon Loverz
Normally, Godmodding is making your character so powerful that he/she/it is physically unable to be beaten in normal combat. Outside of combat, Godmodding is making your character have unbelievable powers, especially if you happen to be in an RP that has restrictions on character abilities. However, all this gets thrown out the window so-to-speak, if you happen to be in an RP where Godmodding is key, like Superheroes battling eachother, angels vs. demons, and the like. Godmodding can also be called if you make your characters weaknesses too hard to discover by the casual player. Help your fellow players out and give your character an easy weakness, instead of forcing the other players to search for it and frustrate everyone in the game.

Powerplaying is moving a character that isn't yours, but another player's. Essentially making a move for them. A powerplay can be as simple as making a punch land on their character, or as severe as completely hijacking their character without permission. When such a thing may come into play, such as in a fight, the best thing for you to do is let the other player decide what happens to his own character. However, if you end up in such a situation and you just constantly dodge attacks, Godmodding may be called on you.

Forgive me if this isn't my place to say these things, but I felt I could offer some assistance in the matter. I've been Roleplaying here going on 3 years or so, So I've learned a bit about how it goes down here.

If you want a bit of help in something, feel free to ask some of the moderators. Alot of us are RP Veterans. Ray in particular. That guy practically lives off of RP.
The last mutt standing.

The one and only, Cowboy from Hell.

Bury me with my guns on,
So when I reach the other side, 
I can show him what it feels like to die.

Bury me with my guns on,
So when I'm cast out of the skies,
I can shoot the Devil right between the eyes.
Creative Minds
Gabumon Loverz
Lady Devimon's Minions
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
The Sabre Clan
Well, whether you're overstepping your boundaries or not, this has been helpful, thx.
Ray... Which one would he be again?
Renamon's Army
The Sabre Clan
The OCA
Veemon's Followers
Lady Devimon's Minions
Creative Minds
Gabumon Loverz