Join our server on Discord

Herr Mullen Reveiws at Random.
Welcome back to the column that leaves so many singing "Just You Wait, Mr. Mullen!" This evening, I'm being slightly unauthodox and reveiwing someone who isn't actually on this site. How bad of me.

But, who am I to deny you the pleasures of new reading material simply because the author isn't one of us (yet)?

I present Whipped, by Aphrael, from Slashfiction.net. It's a Ken and Daisuke lemon that contains a whip.

It gives me shivers.

It sarts with a dream. This is just perfect lemon. You know immediately that you've come to the right place. Spelling and grammar is perfect, however, due to the site's formatting there's far too mch whitespace and no indent. Ken is dead on: his thoughts are perfectly phrased. The streightfoward, no metaphor style that I can never seem to do style is a class act. The author forfils all the W Questions in her first passage. What's brillient is the character involved: even the Christmas cards are in character. Miyako makes me titter.

The direction the author chooses to take Ken here is not out of character. I think everyone in Digimon could be said to have at least two sides. Iori could be a rightious paladin, so bold and noble in his morality and his strive for a good life, or he could be an uptight, self rightious little git who ruins everyone's fun. The same goes for Ken when he discovers his whip, here: I'd expect him to recall the Kaizer, and to lament on what an evil person he was. However, he could have gotten over that after his adventures, or he could simply rate Daisuke higher on his priorities list than hating himself. It appears that he's done the former, although he does wonder why he ever kept the thing.

Minomon is so great.

This is the odd one: "Ken wasn't gay". That's hard to understand, however it has been proven that all people can feel attraction to their own gender. However, Ken's infatuation goes beyond the usual boundries of these attractions, which usually result in regretted one night stands.

Bah, who cares? It's a satisfactory plot device and gets us a good sex scene. Come on, let's go.

Daisuke is explored from Ken's veiw. Friends tend to do this: make theories on why each other are the way they are, and such. Ken himself probably would have some leaning toward this fetish: goodness knows his Kaizer costume was a step away from either a tracksuit or bondage gear.

The repeated theme of sex with Ken's errection throughout the passage is fantasticly good build up to the climax of the story. My dears, it is foreplay leading to an eventual literary and literal orgasm.

Daisuke and Jun work together so well, here. The exchange between them and Chibimon is pure, unadultered fun. Women are great for this sort of thing: they have tremendous insight into how and why each character would operate. Never have I heard a woman roll their eyes and say "Men! I'll never understand them!" and this is because they do. Gentlemen, the women in your lives will know you best. The smart ones, anyway.

Returning to the topic at hand, when Daisuke suddenly feels his control shift, he gets very nervous. Concidering that he saves the day every time toward the end of the series (I've heard it called "The Sailor Daisuke Effect"), I can imagine it would feel unnatural to him for things to be out of his control, especially with loyal friends like Ken and Chibimon.

Daisuke and Ken are toying with us every step of the way. I tell you, it's the way women think.

I do love these characterisations. Someone send this girl some chocolate, although I don't know where the cousin's nightclub comes from, it's just a plot device.

The way Ken toys with Daisuke is cruel. That part actually chilled me a little. He becomes such a predator: mind games galore. It's all really nasty, but goodness is it ever hot.

Frued said that the most frightening thing is the uncanny, so for Ken to change from his kind and sencible self, but not quite becoming a sadistic Kaizer, insted opting for politeness and a soft sort of tone is frightening in some way.

This a rare thing I have talked about elsewhere: dialogue in sex scenes. I'm certain that it all stems from a woman's expectations of want and need when being made love to, but the way it's written is so powerful in its expression it's fasinating to read.

Daisuke's reaction to Ken is brillient. The reader is manipulated the entire way through this scene with a masterful use of strings.

What a fantastic closer to the peice. In fact, the entire thing has pushed me into awarding this story the second "Herr Mullen Hurrah!"

Hurrah!

Messages In This Thread
Herr Mullen Reveiws at Random. - by Herr Mullen - 07-16-2006, 11:43 AM
[No subject] - by Wisemon - 07-16-2006, 01:15 PM
[No subject] - by Herr Mullen - 07-16-2006, 07:54 PM
[No subject] - by Herr Mullen - 07-17-2006, 11:19 AM
[No subject] - by Master Grim - 07-17-2006, 11:51 PM
[No subject] - by Master Grim - 07-18-2006, 12:04 AM
[No subject] - by Herr Mullen - 07-18-2006, 02:57 AM
[No subject] - by Herr Mullen - 07-18-2006, 04:26 AM
[No subject] - by Herr Mullen - 07-19-2006, 09:04 AM
[No subject] - by Herr Mullen - 07-24-2006, 10:43 AM