Join our server on Discord

Next-gen
If you're buying a new video game system with the launch of the next-gen ones, which would it be? Why?
I'd either go for the cheaper and more interesting style-wise Wii, even if the name would bother me everytime I looked at the thing, or the Playstation 3, because they have the intelligence to number their consoles in cronological order, and because they'll have the games I want to play without having to nget used to an entirely new way of playing.
Either the PS3 or the Wii. I can't make a fair judgement on either is neither is out yet.

I'm not even sure if I'll be buying into the next-gen.
I'd go with the Wii, for two reasons.

1) It's alot cheaper than the PS3 and I'm running low on funds currently.

2) I've had very bad luck with first run Play station systems. I went through almost 3 PS2s because they kept breaking down. Thank god I saved the receipts from the first one.
"Stand tall and shake the heavens!" - Xenogears.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
I haven't broken a PS2 before, but I have broken three X-boxes... well they began to act improperly while I played it.
Shadowknight Wrote:I'd go with the Wii, for two reasons.

2) I've had very bad luck with first run Play station systems. I went through almost 3 PS2s because they kept breaking down.

how'd you manage to do that? i've never had a bit of trouble with my ps2,cept that it didn't like a point on my first digimon world one disk, so i had to get another copy of it, that and when i first got KH2, my PS2 growled at me when i put it in, sort of, it was making some strange noises and froze a couple times, but a few whacks and it worked good as new

but my R2 button of my control has started jamming...

and anyhow, to be on topic, im going to get a Wii and mabey at some time after that a PS3 as well, but i doubt im going to ever get a Xbox360, it just dosent appeal to me
I will be buying a Wii as close to launch as I am able to. This means that should I get the remainder of my Wii fund and the system launches before I ship out, I may have it before I actually ship out to basic training. If one or the other of those doesn't happen, however, I will get it as soon as I am able to after I finish boot camp.

PS3, I do not currently intend to buy one, however that doesn't mean I won't ever buy one. Should the price drop significantly and there be sufficient games I feel a desire to play on PS3, I will get one. Otherwise, I don't plan on it.
While I've played some PS2 games, I think I play a whole bunch while most people are on the PS3. Yes, the games are backwards compatible, but I think there will be plenty of people who will be dumping there games for monetary value to buy the newer ones. Still, my list of games, on the PS2, that I want doesn't span too far past what I already own or have acess to.
PS3!!!

Wink Playstation all the way!
One word before I grin stupid/almost evily;
Wii! heh heh. I'm geting the Wii of course.