Join our server on Discord

Caught between a sword and Fate
*Real world, unknow location, three years in the past*

As far back as Shadow could remember, ever since he had been little he had been here. Trained as an assassin by a hidden cult of murderers. He had surpassed the others in talent and learning speed. His skills had not gone unnoticed, and he was chosen for a mission to kill off a certain person.

But he never made it to the target, during the trip he found a strange egg almost pure white aside from three black stripes on it, it had seemed almost to call out to him. As he picked up the egg, a strange glow emanated from it. He tried to drop it from worry, but his hands refused to realease. A light seemed almost to fall out of it, landing softly on the ground, when the light faded a small device lay in the center of a small circle of scorched earth. As soon as he picked it up the egg he had been holding hatched, he gazed at the egg, wondering what kind of creature could possibly hatch from something so strange.

The top half of the egg broke off and a small little puffball popped out, it was almost snow white and looked strange. It was nothing more than a head and a long tail. "HIYA!!"

Shadow dropped the creature in surprise as it spoke, "What the? What are you?"

"Ouch," The small creature rubbed his head with his tail from the bump, "My name's Kitmon. I'm a digimon." The small creature, or digimon as he apparantly was calling himself, smiled widely a row of razor sharp teeth showing.

"Okay, so," Shadow didn't finish as the creature jumped onto his arm and stared at the device in it, "What are you doing?" His question was quickly answered as the device began growing warmer in his hands, it began resonating with the small creature and they both began glowing oddly. Shadow instinctively covered his eyes in the bright light, when he looked the small puffball that had been there had dissapeared, replaced with a three foot tall cat, black stripes ran across his back and spiraled up his tail. "Kitmon? What happened?"

"I digivolved!" He looked his body over quickly, "And it's Slashmon now."

"Okay, you're gonna have to tell me everything. Cause I'm confused."

And so Slashmon began to recount the story of who he was, what digimon where, where he had come from, how some digimon didn't awaken from their eggs until a tamer comes in contact with it, and how Shadow and him where now partners, and anything else he could think of.

"So who are you?" Slashmon asked after finishing his own story.

"Me? Well," Shadow explained everything about him, surprised by how much he trusted this small creature even though they had only just met. He told him about the Shadow Dragon Cult, how he had been trained there, and how he hated it.

"Why don't you leave? It doesn't sound like a fun place."

"Because... I... They..." Shadow couldn't think of a reason why he hadn't left, he hated it so much why didn't he just leave. "You're right, okay, I'll leave. But we'll have to stop back at the camp for some things."

Unfortunately the plan didn't go quite that simpley, when he returned and said that he was leaving he found out that they don't let people simply quit. He had barely been able to grab a few things before a group of hunters where set upon him.

Shadow ran through the forest as they closed in, he bounded from tree to tree with Slashmon right on his heels. They were chased to a large cliff, dead ended against it. Shadow turned to see the five hunters crowd around, cutting off all escape.

"Surrender." One spoke up, "Even you can't hope to win against all of us."

"Leave us alone!" Slashmon jumped towards one of the ninjas, who effortlessly pummeled him and then threw him to the ground in front of Shadow who immediatley picked him up, "Sorry, Shadow, guess I'm no fighter huh?"

Shadow stared down the small group infront of him. Five of his former allies, if you could call them that, who had managed to corner him and his new the group parted as a large muscular man walked past them, his face obscured by a cloak.

"Why do you choose to run?"

"I don't want a part in this anymore!" Shadow backed towards the cliff, "I won't kill anyone ever again!" This is just great. Here I am Staring down death itself and the only escape is a plummet into a large valley that'll surely kill me.

"You may run, you may escape us, but you cannot escape what you have become. What you have done. You have been trained in this deadly art, and have far surpassed any others. Even if you run and vow to never fight again. You're body will remember this training, and it will thirst for the blood of your enemies. And you will ache to quench that thirst. So long as you wear our symbol, you can't escape. Return to us, use the gift you have been given. Or die."

Shadow winced as the mark on his arm began to burn, a cursed mark given to only a few of the assasins that were trained here. It alone allowed one to use the greatest attack of all, one that he dispised in the highest for it's potential to kill. "If those are my only choices, to die or continue being used as a tool of death." He stepped back towards the edge, "I'll choose death." He pushed off with his foot, his body went limp as he lost the feeling of any ground beneath him. Well, I knew this is what would probably happen when I started this. He looked down at the small animal in his arms, Even so, I still glad you talked me into leaving.

*USA. present day.*

"AHHHHHHHH!!" Shadow sat up in the small bed that he slept in, he looked around, founding the now familiar surroundings of the home he stayed in. "Damnit." He layed his head back down on the pillow, noticing that it was drenched in sweat, most likely from his dream. Three years later and that day still haunts me He got out of the bed and headed downstairs.

"You okay?" Shadow turned as one of the people who had rescued him almost bumped into him, her face filled with concern, "I thought I heard you scream."

"Yeah, it's nothing."

"Since we found you and you're friend floating in the river you've been having those nightmares. What are they about? Is it something about you're past?"

"It's nothing nothing to worry about, probably just ate too much last night." Shadow lied, he had never told them about his past, afraid of what might happen, and what they might think. He enjoyed living in this tranquil place, and didn't want to ruin it.

SHADOW!!!

Shadow winced as Slashmon's voice boomed in his head, Be quiet. You're gonna kill me if you scream like that.

Sorry, but you should get out here, you aren't going to believe what's out here.

"Listen I'm gonna go check on Slash. See you later." Shadow darted past her and ran out the door. He made his way quickly to the barn that Slashmon stayed in, "What is... that?" Shadow stared at a small area in the middle of the barn, it resempled some kind of mirror but it didnt' show anything, it was filled with an odd haze.

"Not sure, I just saw it here when I woke up." Shadow moved toward the small hole, he slowly reached to touch it, "Do you think you should do that?"

"What's the worst that could happen?" The second Shadow's finger came in contact with the small hole it felt like something wrapped around his body, a force began pulling him forward as he fell into the hole tumbling through the darkness.

"SHADOW!" Slashmon jumped in after him, and found himself falling through the same darkness.
"Stand tall and shake the heavens!" - Xenogears.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
If anyone else wants to join, send me your profile and I'll see if you can join.

~~~Digital World~~~
Falling down the tunnel, Sam saw other world pass by in shiny blurs until a gate opened at the end and he passed through it. He flew over a lake and collided with a tree, all feeling riped from his mind as he was completely knocked out.

The next thing he knew, he was in a soft bed with sounds of two people argueing and the sound of a kettle boiling on a stove. "You know what you should do when you find a someone's knocked out! You help it and it might help you!" a female voice yelled.
"But it might wake up and delete us! Did you see those weird knives in it's belt? It might stab us in the middle of the night! That'll be a nice thank you, huh!?" a male voice yelled back with a sound of a staff hitting the ground. The sound of dishes clinking together and water pouring brought hunger to Sam's belly and he sat up and rubbed his head, which had a huge goose-egg on the top.

"You could ask what it is and why it's here after he wakes up and eats!" A door opened and what appeared to be a little old lady walk through the door with a tray of food in her arms. She seemed normal but he mouth was stiched together and her hair was in her eyes. When she saw he was awake, she smiled and said cheerfuly, "Good morning sir! here's your breakfeast. I made it myself." A bowl of noddles, some sort of fruit resembling an apple, and some sort of juice was on the plater as she set it on the table next to the bed and he turned around and picked up the fruit. Before he took a bite, he looked down to the lady and said, "Who are you and where am I?"

The lady smiled. "I'm Babamon and you're in my home. If you heard my husband Jijimon, don't worry about him, he's a bit of a worry-wart. And you are?" Taking a big bite of of the fruit, it's taste was like a bitter-like orange. Smiling, he bowed a little and swallowed before answering, "Sam Togen. I'm from Wisconsin. That's in the human world, seeing that this must be the digital world." After her husband questioned him, they became friends and that evening, Sam left the house with a full bag of food and walked through the windy valley, wondering why he was here. At least I have a weapon he thought as he drew his kunai. Suddenly, there was a ruslting in the bushes next to his and he quickly took his pack off and go into a fighting stance. "Who's in the bushes? Come out of there now!" A black furry cannonball flew out of the shrubbery and collided with his stomach, driving the wind out of his stomach and knocking him flat on his back. A little black fox thing was crying and screaming, "Help me! Help me before he gets me!" "OK? What's chasing you?" A rustling in the bushes brought his attention back to his surrounding as he stood up, the fox thing hiding behind his legs.

A dog-like digimon came out and growled, it's glowing red eyes staring at the two. It was yellow except for a large diamond on it's stomach. "That's a Labramon, but it's posecessed by that thing on it's stomach!" the fox said. The Labramon growled and pounced at Sam who stabbed forward with his knife and struck it though the mark and out the back as the kunai changed into a long runed sword. The impaled digimon looked at the human with a happy expression and said faintly, "Thank you." It shattered into a milloin pieces and the fox absorbed the pieces, then jumped on Sam's back knocking him down into the dirt. "Thankyou! Thankyou! Thankyou! Thankyou! You saved me!"

Sam pushed the fox off and got to his hands and knees and threw up, empting his stomach on the ground. "Hey what's wrong?" Sam pushed the thing away, finished throwing up, and stood back up. "'The first kill is the hardest.' One soldier in a war said that. I didn't know he was so right." Washing out his mouth with a bottle of water then turned to the weird thing. "Now since I saved you, you should tell me your name and maybe help me." The digimon smiled. "I'm Calendra or Cal, a Viximon. What do you need and who are you?" He smiled back. "I need a guide so I can find someone who knows why in the nine hells am I doing here. And my name is Sam."

"Hiya Sam!" Cal jumped up but Sam caught her this time. "Watch it with that sword!" Sam looked at the sword for the first time, realizing what it was. "Anduil? How'd I get that? Oh well." Sticking the sword in the belt, he put Calendra on his shoulder. "So where are we going now, Cal?" "That way!" He walked down the path indicated with the digimon perched oh his shoulder, playing with his hair and humming happily.
Martin yawned, he had finished eating down his apple and stared on the egg, weirdly. "Is it ever going to open? I think an ostrich could come out of that huge thing..."

Soon, his question was answered as the egg started to shake once again. "Cool!" he said, running up to it.

The egg shone a bit, then started to shake harder and break, until finally, the creature inside it hatched. A very little digimon resembling Viximon, but red furred, and with two little lizzard tails came out, two lizard eyes on the strange furry/lizard creature moved around, meeting the boy in front of him. "Hi!" it cheerfully said with a childy voice.

Mar blinked. "Uhh... what?"

"Hi!" it repeated.

"Okaaaaay... you are a strange ostrich." Mar sweatdropped.

"What's an ostrich?" the little furry came out of the shells and asked.

"Wait... you are not an ostrich, are you?"

"Nu-uh! I'm Demidramon!" the little one said cheerlily.

"Mon? Mon? You mean... like a Digimon? I know those things!" Mar grinned.

"That's cool, saves me trouble of explaining!" Demidramon smiled cutely.

"Well, I really only remember about seeing those things were I was taken some years ago."

"Huh?" Demidramon cocked his head sideways.

"Well... I remember being in a laboratory once, I read names in a monitor." he stuck out his tongue.

"What's a laboratory?"

"Ah, forget it, so, Demidramon?" he grinned.

Suddenly, where Mar's PC was, a beep started to uncontrollably sound loudly.

"Huh?" Mar looked on the PC's direction, a red and orange thing he had left on some days ago was flashing. "Hey! it's that portable game I found near your egg!"

"Game? Hey! Can I play?" Demidramon seemed cheerful.

"Well, let's go and see what it is, first."

Both ran ahead to the PC, hoping they'd find out what was happening.
[Image: FearthatPlushy.jpg]
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
"Hey! Don't eat my hair!"
Cal looked up with a bunch of hair in her mouth and a big smile on her face. Spitting it out, she put a sad face on. "I can't help it! It smells so nice and I can't-" She bites him on the ear, making him yelp and poke her with a fake kunai. "Ow! Hey!"

Sam turned to the digimon and smiled. "If you keep biting me or my hair, you're walking! So where are we heading?" She turned her head away and humfed. "Say you're sorry for poking me with that thing and I might tell you." The human hung his head and chuckled slightly. "Of all the digimon in the digital world, I got stuck with a little psyco fox. OK. I'm sorry. Now can you tell me where we're going?"

Cal turned back and smiled. "To my house! My mom can help you!" Sam sighed and shook his head, pushing his glasses up. "Hey Sam?" "That's my name." "How'd you get here in this world? You're not a digimon so where are you from?" Sam looked into the sky. "I don't really know. I saw this booth with one digivice on it at an anime convention and I'm wearing it now. And then I saw the booth turn into a gate and it pulled me in and the end tossed me in this world and into a tree."

The digimon winced. "Ow! That must've left a mark." Sam nodded and pointed to the top of his head, which she jump up on and hopped up and down, laughing at his discomfort. "Ow! Get...OW!...off...OW!...of....OW!OW!...my...OW!!...HEAD!!!" He yanked her tail sharply and Cal was now hanging by it as they arrived to her home which was a hut on the side of a hill with yellow and blue Viximon running about and a blue Renamon chasing after them while a yellow one exited the door and saw the pair arrive and ran up to them. "Excuse me miss. Is this your crazy demented child that was jumping on my head wound and being an overall pest?" She looked from the human to the digimon which waved at her and smiled and back. "Yes. Now can you let go of her tail and explain yourself, human, on how you got here from the real world?"

"Gladly." He let go and she dropped on the ground on his head. "Hey! That's not nice!" She clamped down on his ankle, which created such a comidic scene that the entire family started laughing at the two. After he extracted the fox from his ankle, He intoduced himself and told his story to the family while fending off the curious children. And when he was finished, they started their story....
"Hey... that's strange." Mar noted.

"What's strange?" Demidramon asked, he was hanging from the PC's desk, trying to climb it.

"The game doesn't flash anymore..." the boy said, looking on it deeply, no sounds were heard.

Meanwhile, unbeknown to them, the egg-remains started to glow, then merging together, slowly forming something little, taking a form in air.
[Image: FearthatPlushy.jpg]
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Shadow sat up, his head throbbing with pain as he rubbed his hand over it, "Man, what a freaky dream. Falling into a hole into nothingness."

"Uhh Shadow. You might want to open your eyes."

Shadow lowered his hand off his face, his eyes opening to the suroundings, "Where the hell..." he looked around at a beautiful landscape, no buildings around anywhere, beautiful green grass and trees. "Where are we? I don't remember anyplace like this back home."

"I think, it's the digital world." Slashmon answered as he looked around, a look of wonder and longing in his eyes.

"Digital world?" Shadow remembered him mentioning it once or twice, it was the place where digimon like Slash came from, "So, this is your home?"

"Kinda, I've never actually seen it. But... I know this is it."

"Kay. So we know where we are, I can only assume that hole you found got us here, so the only question left is,"

"How do we get home?" Slashmon finished his sentence.

"Let's see." Shadow thought back to when his friend watched this show on TV Who'dve guessed that the digital world was real he thought. "If I'm remembering correctly children were taken to this world and had to destroy a great evil in this land and then they could go home."

"So we have to find something evil and destroy it?"

"I guess. I'm starting to wish I had payed mor attention to that show, if I'd known my life would one day depend on it."

"How hard could it be? We find something evil, we kill it, we go home. Easy one-two-three." Slashmon took off walking.

"Yeah," Shadow started following him, examining everything they passed for any kind of information, "easy."
"Stand tall and shake the heavens!" - Xenogears.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
~~~Real World, Romania, Castle Valeriu, Gunter's Room~~~

Gunter woke up, his eyes were blurry. He rubbed them, and they started to focus, someone was smiling at him- it was Raymond.

"That was one hell of a kick ya' got, Gunty-Boy!" Raymond said cheerily.

~~~Training Grounds~~~

Raynard placed his hand on a granite slab on a desk, it glowwed, and transformed into a mace. "You try, Gun-Gun." He instructed.

"I can do this without a transmutaion circle!" Gunter said proudly, placing his hands on the slab.

"Really? Amzing, would you kindly demonstrate that?" Raynard said kindly.

"Sure!" The slab started to glow a red light- and Raynard pulled him away suddenly- just in time too, the slab exploded.

Velmont shook his head. "Pathetic."

"But I CAN do it without a Circle- I can- I can!" Gunter whined.

Velmont placed his hand on his slab, and transformed it into an ornate shield. "Like that?" He smirked. He had not used a circle. "Face it, no blacksheep can do that."

Gunter hung his head, and walked away sadly.

~~~Training Grounds, one day later~~~

Raynard made several rock pillars sprout from the ground, then he rained lightning on each one of them. "There's something simple, I am confident that you can do it."

Gunter was able to make one stone spike sprout- but all he could do was make it drizzle lightly over it. "It's hopeless." he sighed.

Unfortunately, the drizzle caused the base of the pillar to topple- it was blown the other direction just a foot away from Gunter.

Raynard lowered his hand. "Be aware, little brother."

Velmont crossed his arms. "You really are useless, aren't you?"

Gunter's eyes filled with tears, and he ran of frustratedly.

~~3 hours later~~

Gunter had packed several clothes, his medication, his shield shaped locket, and his egg and "watch".

"Where are you going?" Raynard asked, blocking Gunter's path. He seemed to have come out of no where.

"I'm going to prove that I'm more than a black sheep." Gunter said coldly.

"You know that's not neccesary." Raynard replied.

"Yes, it is! I'll never be more than just a weakling... a useless piece of dirt- a black sheep! -and I blame YOU!!" Gunter cried.

Raynard raised an eyebrow.

"-you never let me fall... you were always there to catch me- and thanks to that, I never grew strong!" Gunter cried angrily, tears forming in his eyes again. "You don't care for me- the only one who does is Fenriol!" He hugged his egg.

"That's not true, regardless of who or what you are, I will always care for you." Raynard said indifferently.

"If you really do care- you'll let me go and prove myself worthy of our family name..." Gunter said, he had started crying silently already.

Silently, Raynard stepped aside, and let Gunter pass.
~~Realworld/Texas~~

Sinata was walking down a dirt road when he heard a kid maybe in his teens shout"Go back to Hell where you belong!"The kid then flings a mid sized stone at Sinata,hitting him on the side of the head right above the ear,causing it to stream crimson blood all over the side of his head.

Sinata-OUCH!You no good piece of shit.I'm going to kill you!

Sinata turns to see the kid running into a nearby house.He starts walking down the dirt road again while mumbling curse words to himself for letting the kid get away.
~~Home~~

Sinata-Shut up Hyuka!It's not as bad as it looks.

Sinata looks at his older brother in anger as he attempts to bandage the bleeding mound on the side of his head.

Hyuka-Get you're ass over here and let me bandage that before I put another knot on you're head!

Sinata after another five minutes of fighting Hyuka off, he finaly gives up and lets his brother bandage the wound on his head.

~~The next morning~~

Sinata-Damn my head hurts! I'm going to get him back for this.

Sinata frouns at his reflection in the mirror then walks out of the restroom into the hallway.He makes his way to the front door after entering the messy living room.

Sinata walks out the front door and up the dirt road towards the house that the kid ran into.He's starting to get a little anxios so he walks faster when he notices a strange watch on the side of the road.When he picked it up Every thing went black.
~~~Real World, Castle Valeriu, Arms Room~~~

"RAYNARD!" Velmont's Voice rang through the castle. He was staring at a bare patch of wall where Sigmund and Sigfried were once displayed, they were the family swords, and were displayed between Eisenmeteor and Ragnadark, the other family treasures.

"I see Gunter armed himself." Raynard said silently.

~~~Somewhere in Romania~~~

Gunter hummed cheerfully as he walked through the woods, when his "watch" suddenly started beeping. He checked it out, and there was a weird swirly light on the screen. He tapped it- and fell forward, everything went black.
~~Digital world~~

Sinata-Ungh...Where am I?

Sinata groans painfully as he sits up.He goes to scratch his head and comes in contact whith his bandage.

Sinata-Oh yeah I forgot about this.

He looks around to see that he is in a large room that is decorated with several Japanese trinkets.