Join our server on Discord

Merchandising anyone?
OK... I am really getting tired but I thought of a great idea, there are so many things that could be personalized for our benefit and create some more belonging....I ve been looking at websites and there are alot that are willing to help I mean these websites has everything, I mean if one person is willing to this is aas a job, to send this out and gets orders and ships them out, we could make money and maybe commission authors and artists to make phenominal pictures and other such.

They have buttons, key chains, magnets, pens, pencils, bookbags, I mean everything........

I mean to benefit this we need a buying public and I am willing to sell this stuff if it means that we could make some artists work into a magnet and yield a profit.. I have been sitting on this idea for a while and I think having a shirt with DaD on the front next to your brest and on the back has a Gabumon, with my name....I think that would be fantastic......

This is another idea that would be phenominal to do and be really interesting.....hell I would sell these things I mean.....capital is always a good thing...

http://www.superiorpromos.com/viewProduc...a_id=7_163

http://www.spreadshirt.com/shop.php?sid=...ner-search

The last site gives you an idea how things could look and its pretty cool, there are a countless others, I mean the sky is the limit and you could browse the first one and I mean that would be awesome.......

I hope you like this idead as well....thanks for reading and I hope to see this idea run to a nice flying start......

Gabumon Loverz
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
Creative Minds
That breaches copyright; we'd be selling unlicenced Digimon merchendice.
Ooo... the copyright thing. Darn-
i hate to put it bluntly, but herr mullen is right, we don't want to deal with the feds at our doors or the DaDs.

although it does sound like a great idea, its just that the creators/designers/etc. are still making episodes and still selling things. and besides...we don't want too many joining like lets say 5 year olds just because they seen this site on a shirt.

this site would have flames posted left and right from angry parants and others.

now the only way we could do this is if we get permission from the company/companies that made digimon. now i would do that, but then again i don't want to get sued for copyrights.

seriously, it is a great idea to sell DaD merchandise, but we would be breaking quite a few laws.
I first read this last night, and yeah, the copyright thing came to mind. we'd be bust do fast and hard if we sold unlicensed digimon stuff... doesn't mean we can't put other things on shirts though. can't put Flamedramon on a keychain, but why not a lean, sexy blue dragon with no name? As long as it isn't digimon, but original work, this could probably work.
Have you ever been to anime convention before and they sell there own artwork, like One Piece Shaman king, sonic the hedgehog, Naruto and soooooo many "copyrighted" figures and get away with it.... Are Dj's that combine song tracks together and create a new song all together and selling CD's with those combined, DJ'd songs working illegally?.....

There is a fine line that breaks off the line with Artist creativity and Copyright enfrigement.....I mean if you look at all these things even some musicians that cover songs in concerts dont neceesarily ask permission to play them, same thing with singers.......

There is a fine line that we could walk without getting sued or being complained about because you could sell your work, just in different medians like buttons, pins, magnets, etc.....It would be awesome......

Please understand that there is a line between them, If we put there product like a snapshot of Flamey on a keychain, thats copyright enfrigement, but if we draw one that goes there, then it would artist's talent and there representation, most likely with the DaD logo......

I understand that this is heavy waters to trade but it would be really cool to do and we could fill the coffers and have more capital this way, make this site have more fiances which means we could do a lot more with the money to make this site even better and get more money.....Not to be greedy....but the reality is even if a birthday comes around wwe could havve an artist commission for a free picture, soo in fact we get more pictures on this site..........Which then helps the site...

Its a very plausable to do this...check out the website and see how many things could be done its amazing......

FINE Line :Artistry and copyright enfrigement.....
Gabumon Loverz
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
Creative Minds
The fine line, however, isn't between artistry and infringment. It's parody and infringement. Just because alot of vendors at anime conventions sell their work with copyrighted characters doesn't mean they're doing so legally. If the copyright holder or representitive walked to that artist and bought the piece, they'd have every right to sue.

I'm not gonna get too far into legalities, cause I'm not gonna pretend I know them all. I don't. Only thing I do know, is in court saying "Other people at anime conventions do it all the time" isn't a defense. And niether is "Yeah, it's their character but it's my art". I like the idea, don't get me wrong. It's just the part that includes selling images of copyrighted characters that's a bit too hot.
I'm totally against this idea.
... lol Been talking to him....

How about just like stuff with our own logo? As long as we don't put Digimon characters on it, it'll be cool, and erase copyright danger.

Now all we'd have to think about is what would come when people see you USING the merchandise.
I mean the whole idea with the art would be nice, but I see what the Masked Updater he is and the whole thing with copyright infrigement and Ive actually read some of the actually text that would be of any breach of doing so, We could possibly sell artwork that is non related to any person, solely to the artist like a made up character. We can in fact make our logo, and brand it to our own products. I am not saying to attempt somethnig that might get ourselves sued or something along that line....We should make sense of the text, but the idea of having something "DaD" on it and anything we could think of would be awesome.....More capital gives us more to work with.....

The fact that this website would have something like this, it would be awesome and incredubly useful.....Maybe we should make sense of this all before we decide but an option is that we create our own logo and brand it with some art that is not copyrighted is also one way to go about it....

I am trying to point out

More Capital = [more commissioned pictures +commisionned flashes and gifs + other things ]- [time and effort + funds for products]

I mean I would like to think that regular posters and mods, could have a b-day present of a computer drawn digimon character is a nice idea......it would bring more to the site........

As long as we abide by the rules, if I can have a shirt that says "DaD; my home away from the world (or something with that.)" and a cool art logo, would be something I would like to get......

As long as we dont breech that line, then we are in the clear....
Gabumon Loverz
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
Creative Minds