Join our server on Discord

You kindly gurgle out a date for me
In "Snakes, Trains, and Digimon," does anyone know what date Henry has circled on his calender? What's the thing that's so important that he can't go on patrol with Takato? I've only seen the dub, and I'm hoping that the sub might have some missing info. Has anyone seen the sub?
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
I'm going on memory here, but doesn't it have something to do with his sister? I can't remember...i'll check it out.
What number is that, I'll see if it's subbed.
Up to 6 has been subbed.
Quote:What number is that, I'll see if it's subbed.
Up to 6 has been subbed.
No, it's into the Deva saga. That's well past episode 6.
I know that you saw me.
Ok then We'll have to wait for that. Unless you want me to ask somewhere.
There's got to be a note of it somewhere. What about the episode guide in the Digipedia? Do you have the link?
I know that you saw me.
Here's what the digipedia (www.digipedia.db-destiny.net) had to say about it:

The snake Deva, Sandiramon, Bio-Emerges in the subway tunnels beneath Shinjuku, and Rika and Renamon are pulled into a battle. Takato, meanwhile, has introduced Guilmon to several of his classmates, and Henry can
Wisemon Wrote:In "Snakes, Trains, and Digimon," does anyone know what date Henry has circled on his calender? What's the thing that's so important that he can't go on patrol with Takato? I've only seen the dub, and I'm hoping that the sub might have some missing info. Has anyone seen the sub?

I never noticed that detail, but I can check my old raw copy of the episode in a bit... once I find it. I'll see if I can shine some light upon the subject.

Raw episode information...

NOTE: The date is Sunday, June 15 according to the calendar AND fact that they don't have school.

The date has not only been circle, but a note has been written in Kanji. The first kanji is "nimble" or "late-going", while the final two kanji spell "sensei" or "teacher". At a guess I might hazard that he has a T'ai Chi lesson scheduled. This isn't an absolute fact, but it is the closest I can get with the kanji and my dictionary. Also, the episode indicates it later on...

The approximate reading of these three kanji is Chou-sensei. It may be his teacher's name, and is possibly pronounced differently, though.

Based on the evidence present in the episode, I believe that my guess of a T'ai Chi lesson is at least solidly rooted -- on the train, before Sandiramon attacks it, we see Terriermon making T'ai Chi maneuvers, before Jenrya tells him to be quiet. I believe this is because Jenrya took him with him to his T'ai Chi lesson, and he was watching intently.
Thanks Nate. I figured it was probably a lesson with his sensei, but I wanted to check to be sure. It's amazing what a fan can learn by spotting the little things in an episode. I was hoping this might be some secret revelation about Henry, possibly a girlfriend, maybe a secret club. No such luck.
I know that you saw me.
Oh well, something not as complex as originally thought.