Join our server on Discord

Is incest ever understandable?
Don't take this the wrong way, but I've read some stories that have me thinking about this. One was a digimon story on Fanfiction.net called "Memories during a storm". It's a story in which Jun remembers her brother being abused by their father (sexually and physically) and attempting suicide. At one point it involves them having sex, though the scene isn't specific as to whether they're doing it out of love or just for escape. In such a situation, Davis and Jun only have each other for love and comfort. Is it possible for such a relationship to be viewed as an act of love rather than a crime?

Another story that I read involving this is an online comic called "Better Days". It mainly focuses on a boy (Fisk), his sister (Lucy), and his mother. Fisk has been turned down by several girls, and he was used as an escape by a girl who was sexually abused by her father. Lucy has had the same bad luck with guys, and was used by a guy who wanted to date her mother. Early in the comic, Lucy almost dies because Fisk accidently gives her the wrong medicine for her cold. After she survives, he becomes closer with her. At one point in the comic, Lucy thinks about how much her brother loves her and wonders if he is the one for her. One thing leads to another and they do IT (If I'm confusing you, just check out jaynaylor.com and go to the comics to find the story).

Now, in each situation, the act of incest happened out of love (though the Jun/Daisuke one is debatable). In these situations, could the act of a brother and sister having sex be viewed as an expression of love rather than as an abomination?
I think at certain times its understandable. If they really, truly love each other, then I suppose it is ok...Now, if its parent/son or parent/daughter, then I believe it crosses the line. With siblings I can see it as just barely, barely being acceptable. But parent/child is a bit too much for me.
I agree.
funny, i was thinking about this not to long ago. i agree. and i've seen a couple who were brother and sister. i admit that it was a little awkward but i ended up accepting it.
Veemon's Followers
It's a touchy subject on which just about everyone holds a different opinion.
ya that sums it up
Veemon's Followers
Funny how I'm on the "other side" since I say no. I'm not too surprised you mentioned the comic "Better Days." If you did not I probably would have.

The comic itself touches on a couple of topics like that. Rather, I should just say "sexual relations."
My opinion? It's not usally understandable for most people in most countries.
But that is a common joke/reference in the american south. But in japan it's pretty understandable. http://www.animenation.net/news/askjohn.php?id=431
I remember hearing that in some countries (Can't remember which or even if it was true) about how incest is a very common thing and that a childs first sex partner is usually there own mom/dad (Depending on the childs gender). If I remember correctly it was a right of passage kinda thing.
"Stand tall and shake the heavens!" - Xenogears.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
I've had friends who went through some of these problems... brother and sister had a seriously fucked up family

anyhow, they told me they often had sex because they truly loved each other and they were the only ones they had, their parents were so messed up that it wouldn't matter if they new, but I can understand their view

they had to deal with all sorts of things children don't need to see and they were only like 13, sex was a way to find some small amount of happiness and relief until CPS stepped in, I have no idea where they ever ended up but I do hope they are living better

I don't really think people should inbreed since it strengthens disease and faulters a blood line, but hell, I've done worse to dogs so I can't tell anyone what to do ^ ^