Join our server on Discord

Listening to the soundtrack of my life
Well, I thought "Why not?" and listened to the sample track on their website, Everything Is Over Rated. The first time 'round, I thought "This isn't anything new." This is because the band is American; most American bands like that gutiar riff and drum sound, and they sound nasal as any of them. However, listening to it the second time, I found myself enjoying it. They really are good lyrics, and it doesn't sound bad at all. It's a very pleasing, moderate sound. I think I'll take a closer ear to these chaps, later.

I have such odd musical tastes. I've got Ramstien, Jeff Buckley, Noriyuki Iwadare, and Ravel on my playlists. I don't bother following bands, or artists. I just like to listen to each song as its own. I'll try and get more into punk and rock in a while.
Quote:"This isn't anything new." This is because the band is American; most American bands like that gutiar riff and drum sound, and they sound nasal as any of them.
Hey, I didn't say it was new. It's all been done before; it's just a question of the arrangement. That goes for metal and pop as well.

Quote:I have such odd musical tastes.
So you prove with your lemon's influence.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
Herr Mullen Wrote:...Ravel...

As in Maurice Ravel?

How do you feel about Liszt?
Ah, Maurice Ravel. Fantastic pianist. I actually got to visit his grave down in Paris, along with Jim Morrison's.
Quote:I actually got to visit his grave down in Paris, along with Jim Morrison's.
Now there's an overblown rock icon. Robby Krieger was the one who did the (important) stuff that hadn't been done before, but you just know that his grave won't be getting nearly as many visitors. See, I do respect musicians.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
senjuro Wrote:
Herr Mullen Wrote:...Ravel...

As in Maurice Ravel?

How do you feel about Liszt?

As in Maurice, yes; Bolero.

I'm listening to Liszt's Mephisto Waltz; it's very quiet. I keep on expecting it to break into something big. Ah! It finally has. Lots of build up, isn't it? It's a nice sort of sound. Actually, I'm getting very much into it now. Yes, I quite like it. I think I'd prefer something more flowing, though, not so jerky with all these stops and starts.

Edit: okay, I'm listening to Grande Etudes. This is what I meant by flowing. This a good piano peice. I prefer it to the Waltz, certainly.
One of my friends played the Mephisto Waltz in a competition a few years back. It blew my frigging mind.