Join our server on Discord

Poll: How do you pronounce the word "shaman"?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
SHAW men
61.54%
8 61.54%
SHAY men
38.46%
5 38.46%
Total 13 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Pronunciation: shaman
www.dictionary.com does a beautiful job of explaining it.

A member of certain tribal societies who acts as a medium between the visible world and an invisible spirit world and who practices magic or sorcery for purposes of healing, divination, and control over natural events.
Ghost_Op Wrote:
UnknownH Wrote:
Ghost_Op Wrote:I just realized...why is this a thread?
I could say that about a few topics you made but I won't because I'm not trying to be mean. It's an actual question.
Fair enough :D .
What is a shaman, anyway?

Shamans are any people who are close to nature but can astral walk, most shamanic power is derived from natural existence and is best known from Indians, the totem poll and all that are famous shamanic tools

Shamans are the people who first discovered transformation and, depending on the purpose, used a variety of vehicles like wolves, bears, foxes, coyotes, geese, deer, etc. They were very skilled in herbs and the like and made different medicines for wounds, poisons or whatever ailed you

One talent that separates shamans from druids is that the shamanic astral walk was to return those who died and still had a body to return to, cheating the second death is widely known to Indians, I think shamans also were the head of weather such as rain dancing

Rumor has it that a shaman can call on these small, annoying as hell Bogs, we had one in our house for some time but that was our own fault, they do nothing evil as it is, just rearrange things and make holes in anything holding liquid, I really don
O.O
i didn't even know that much about shamans and i'm an Indian.
well ok then i don't go to pow wows as much so i don't really know much about shamans. well said though epsilon and senjuro
They're also the characters in the anime shaman king. Pretty good anime. I like it.
Shamans are also a class on WoW. I have a level 45 Orc Shaman. Go me. They can transform into wolves, rez people, heal, deal decent damage with windfury and have the shock spells.
I love shaman king! Espcially Mike, the leopard spirit!
Nolem Netherheart Wrote:Shamans are also a class on WoW. I have a level 45 Orc Shaman. Go me. They can transform into wolves, rez people, heal, deal decent damage with windfury and have the shock spells.

Need a heal, no problem! I just drop down a totem and frost shock!

No more mana pots for me! I just drop down a totem and FROST ShOCK!

Get killed in battle, big deal! I just self-rez and FRAUST SHAUCK!!!
It's
SHAA- MEN