Join our server on Discord

Masked Updater?
Am I the only one who noticed the latest update? First off I'd like to say that I subscribed to the newsletter and didn't recieve a notice saying there even was an update. So is my subscription malfunctioning or is it something else? Second and more importantly, who is this maked updater? I think its odd that Wolfe would suddenly have someone else take on half of the updating responsibility without announcing it first unless he wanted it to be a surprise or something. Then if that was true then why hide the identity?
im almost afraid to ask that Question DV85....
I daresay s/he was learning the ropes. Missed the newsletter subscription, and was just practicing with one page before trying something risky like a big update. S/He could've screwed up royally, and that'd be awful. So, just one author.

And I know there were more than one, because I'd sent in my lastest lemon several days previously.

lol I did announce it. In the update before that, I said that since I was keeping an every-other-week deal, which was not what I was hoping for, someone volunteered to get the week in between, and that you would hear from him really soon! He WAS learning the ropes. I let him do Dreamous' update-- sorry about the newsletter, I completely forgot about it.

The identity thing was his idea. Just something he wants. lol It's kind of interesting really. I've been describing him as "a friend we all know but rarely see." He's been here for awhile, but hasn't really submitted anything lately. And when he does, you won't know it's him. :P Don't worry, I know him and he's trustworthy.

The thing is, I suddenly am in a tie with a mortgage company and they've been toying with me, and I've suddenly become the worst updater in history because of it. This guy (Oh, I'm sure you've heard of him, just not as the Masked Updater) decided to help. I learned from Soni and Chibi and a few others that this means a LOT of communication. But he's only picking up weekends that I can't handle (at least until this stupid mortgage thing is over), so it shouldn't be too bad. I realize that this is a change, but if there's any tension, just let me know and we'll see what we can do.

He has come up with a rockin' idea that you might hear about soon, if all goes well. And... well, he kinda wants to see how long it takes for you all to figure out who he is. Good luck! Wink
ok.....lets see.....

Shadowknight....um.....hmm......its not me...i know that much...
Lord Archive or Red Rover?

(i dunno...just the first names that came to mind)
DV85 Wrote:Am I the only one who noticed the latest update? First off I'd like to say that I subscribed to the newsletter and didn't recieve a notice saying there even was an update. So is my subscription malfunctioning or is it something else? Second and more importantly, who is this maked updater? I think its odd that Wolfe would suddenly have someone else take on half of the updating responsibility without announcing it first unless he wanted it to be a surprise or something. Then if that was true then why hide the identity?

Ah yes, the subscription. I left that to Wolfey to update due to this being my first update and I didn't want to screw up too many things at once. On my next update, I will make sure to send that out myself.

And why do I hide my identity? Well, gives you guys something to talk about, doesn't it? I'm just an old friend who's offered help. Nothing more, really.
That's really nice of you, Masked Updater, I wish you good luck into getting better with the updates fast. I know you'll do a good job with them.
[Image: FearthatPlushy.jpg]
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
I'm gonna do this update for tomorrow, then let my masked friend here do the next one and see how he does :P. Also, I'm out of town for the one after that. My dad wanted me to go to Salt Lake City, Utah. Don't know why, but he's paying, so I might as well. Then I'm back!
Who was that Masked Updater, anyway? Oh well, let him stay in anonymity.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against