Join our server on Discord

Poll: Do we need the Art Request Forum anymore?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
45.83%
11 45.83%
No
54.17%
13 54.17%
Total 24 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Delete The Request Section?
Well, virtually no artists respond to the requests(and I can understand, they are already very busy). So basically it is a bunch of threads asking for art that probly won't get answered, that just keep getting bumped or fade into obscurity.

Do we need it anymore?
Hey I think the Requests section is a Good idea if people start to use it and all If not it should be deleted.... But i like the idea.
Like I said before, we should axe that forum.
True, artists are busy and not taking requests. But look at how full of requests this forum is. If this forum is closed, then all those posts will migrate to the main artists forum, which will distract from when an artists posts a pic. It may even push new art to the point that it doesn't get noticed right away. I say keep this here for the sake of organization. It'll help keep the other Artists forum clean, and if an artist can take a request, make it easier for him/her to find one.
True, but if the request section were deleted, we would probly put rules in place to prevent this section from filling up with requests.
Togashi Wrote:True, but if the request section were deleted, we would probly put rules in place to prevent this section from filling up with requests.

Rules tend to be made with good intentions. But the only rule to could make to this effect really is to tell people not to request too much. Then it falls on the mods to determine just how much is too much. And then people will most likely bicker should you tell one person to slow down but neglect another, even for the most innocent reasons. If you leave the forum with the rule of not fighting should your request not get done, there's not a problem, cause the forum seems to run smoothly that way as it is will little or no supervision. Deleting the forum and adding on rules just ups the workload for yourself and the artists forum mod(s), therefore making it less fun and more like a job.

Just my opinion though. The decision is yours and of course I'll support it. <=)
The way I see it, since the request forum is filled with nothing but requests, even though the artists don't answer very many of them, if, however, if they actually wanted to take up one, then it would always be there for that purpose. Also, going on what has already been said, since all that forum is is requests, then the use of moderating is cut down to a minimal which actually reduces the work load. Also, and this is just my theory, is someone actually does request too much, then I believe that since that section is available then it could easily be overlooked.
just combine the two forums
Well, assuming it isn't costing extra to keep it around, you may as well.

If not, then yeah, request can be done here, if done in moderation.