Join our server on Discord

Poll: Do you think we should start an Artist of the Month Contest for DaD
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
84.00%
21 84.00%
No
16.00%
4 16.00%
Total 25 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Artists Poll Please Read
Yeah, I like the Idea of a monthly competition, even though I don't draw I think it's a cool idea to do it. I also like Gnostic Metatron Prime idea of having specific themes for each month...I give it a YES
HELL NO!!! sure it would be good for the three artists that get the prize every month... such as B, Prophet and Akuji... but for the other artists... it's just a kick in the crotch. but... what i say still has no effect on this board, so... YES ^_^ go for it!!! that's an awesome idea!!
Well, it's a bit different for the lemon contest. Quite a few underdogs have won those so far.

Don't be so hard on yourself Kami, I would think you'd have a good chance to win. If you get the right judges, these contests aren't popularity contests.
As Togashi said, don't count anyone out.

When the monthly contest first started, several people whined about how 'Togashi, Red and Archive will always win.'

Only one of those so called 'big three' has won a single contest and only one month was there not an entry from at least one of them.

However, I do have a suggestion. Make Artist's contest and Author's bi-monthly occuring every other month from each other. Something like artists would get the even numbered months while the authors get the odd numbered ones. Hopefully that would help prevent the low turnout that occured with January's author contest, the one entry winning by default.
*twiddles pencil*
Yeah yeah, whatever - when can we start?
*clicking pencil*
so? let's see these UNBIASED judges of yours Togashi.... even tho there is no such thing... if you can find an assortment of judges that are new to the scene and dont know much of the big names (or any names for that matter) they would be a little more well rounded. anyway... list the judges and get the first theme out in the open so we can see how this turns out...

(sorry for sounding pissy... i've had a really bad MONTH)
Unbiased judges?
Hahahahahaha lol
my point exactly
There are no unbiased judges.

I agree with the person above me.
Lord Archive's lemon contest is the perfect example of unbiased judges. The lemons were given to judges without names, so judges just graded the work, not the author.

I'll forgive you for sounding pissy if you forgive me for calling the last 4 posts misinformed and wrong. I do think that this could work. I'll be talking with the new mod of this section, Ryokumon, and see about setting up these contests.