Join our server on Discord

Poll: Should gay marriage be allowed
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
90.48%
19 90.48%
No
4.76%
1 4.76%
Who would want to get married
4.76%
1 4.76%
Total 21 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Gay marriage
yes hopefully but then again if we give him too much power he can sway the vote and we could lose the argument.....Are best bet to do this is by numbers....majority wins....
Gabumon Loverz
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
Creative Minds
Shadowknight Wrote:
Blitz VanCrimson Wrote:Gun: I'll go with Sir, Uchiha Shadow, and Shadow San. Can I call you Boss?

Shadow: Master will do. NOW BOW FOOLISH MORTAL!!

Slashmon: You had to get him started on the powertrip didn't you?

Shadow: LOL funny siq pic jamesbond007.

Gun: I'd try, but I can't move my back.
Shadow: In that case groveling and pleading will do. As for the rest of you, BOW DOWN FOOLISH MORTALS!!!
"Stand tall and shake the heavens!" - Xenogears.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Quote:This day and age where everyone should be religously tolerant, except that others believe in a different religon. Its simple that people might not approve of what they do but who are we to judge them? We aren't "god" nor are some perfect being that could declare the rights of any individual

That's not the governments problem, or the constitution's. Why should everyone be religiously tolerant, what would be the point of religion then?

People judge other people because they are morons. Religion does this quite well.

Quote:Its simple that people might not approve of what they do but who are we to judge them?

'We' would be those who follow religion. It simply states marriage is a sanction between man and woman. That sanction has lasted thousands of years in minds of many, and its accepted as a moral law. What authority do gay people have to disrupt a society that's lasted thousands of years.

ANSWER ME THAT. Why should religion bow to those who've purposfully broken and slandered there sacred laws? It's not the government like all of you halfwits bray, but RELIGION.

In a way, gay marriage is infringing on the freedom of religion as well.

Religion is a cancer of the human mind. All you stupid people who prattle to some invisible man in the sky are just as incopentent as this argument. This dogma about one democracy is garbage because the real problem lies with all the religions fostered in this world.[/list]
Marine Wrote:People judge other people because they are morons. Religion does this quite well.

People do this just fine on their own. They don't need religion's help, and blaming it is just a sad excuse for their own idiocy.

Marine Wrote:Why should religion bow to those who've purposfully broken and slandered there sacred laws? It's not the government like all of you halfwits bray, but RELIGION.

Religion shouldn't, they should oppose it as is their belief and their right. But the fact remains that it would be against the contsitution and all that America stands for to ban gay marriages. And when discussing something in anargument, calling your opponent names generally isn't a good standing point as it tends to discredit you and make the opponent have an easier victory. This is in response to the halfwit remark, if this wasn't aimed at us I apologize.

Marine Wrote:In a way, gay marriage is infringing on the freedom of religion as well.

Everyone has the right and freedom to their own beliefs, it's to be expected that they have, do, and shall continue to collide with eachother.
"Stand tall and shake the heavens!" - Xenogears.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Religion isn't the problem, The various religious dieitys probally don't care one way or the other. It's people that are the problem. People are stupid. When people try to use religion as an excuse it really clouds the whole point of it. The whole thing is because people are stupid. That's it.
I argued with a conservative on this one for a long time. After I deconstructed all of his other arguments, all he had left was: "The Bible says it's wrong." Hey, sheep, the Bible is mythology. It doesn't carry the same weight as genetic tendencies. If they want to get married, let them. They'll have no more excuses for promiscuity.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
I used love this "Science VS. Religion" Debate thing I used to join back in the 90's, this sounds just like it-
In response to Marine's comment about marriage itself being religious, that's a good point. The problem is that in modern society, marriage is more important as a legal contract than as a religious contract. That's why I'd settle for just civil unions, but then they still wouldn't be equal to straight marriages, and homosexuals would continue to raise a stink about it.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
Under my plan gay and lesbians would be comitted. Same thing just different name. Like coke and pepsi. But I'm guessing some people wouldn't be smart enough to tell the difference.