Join our server on Discord

Break ups are a bitch
It's been almost seven months since my girlfriend (my first) and I broke up and I'm still not over it. It's driving me nuts; everytime I see a couple out in public, it's a knife through my heart. Any tips on how to totally get over a break up?
Lets see break ups....Let's see if I have any......

Had a girlfriend for 5 and a half years.....
> 2 and a half of those years she was cheating on me with another man...
> I respected her and treated her like a queen and had to break up with her because assholes were harressing her and I couldn't see her hurt....
> She moves to another town, and we lose touch...
> She gets pregnant...
> I deal with rumors that I am the father and thats hard because the furthest base i ever got to was second.....which is feel by the way.....
> Still a Virgin...

How did I deal with that?......and some other ones....hmmm.....

I went on a self exploration, I've put myself first for a while and made me, the person that I was neglecting finally enjoy what life is and I enjoyed being single....and believe you me the pain will go away in time but a good solution is to set time for yourself and learn a new hobby or go dating...Replace the negative with the positive...like when you feel down about it buy some ice cream......

The most important thing is to not let yourself fall into a deep void depression which is easy to dig and hard to get out of......

Another good thing is to relax in the company of good friends because for now they are there and are willing to help you.......

and Time is a pain but in time you will heal....I am still recouping from it.....I was 11 at the time and I finished with her when I was 16 and a half and the pain is still there.....I mean we are friends now and thats good to...

I really hope your breakup and experience wasn't as bad as mine and I hope that you could find peace within yourself...I hope I was insightful.....I really do........
Gabumon Loverz
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
Creative Minds
My problem is that I'm still stupidly waiting for her to call me to want to get back together. She and I had eyes for each other since seventh grade and it took us til twelth to build up the courage to get together. We really seemed to be the perfect couple, both in our eyes and in everyone eles'es. Something like that isn't easy to let go.

I seriously doubt there's going to be any friendship between us because I've walked right past her several times at Wal-Mart and she didn't even look at me.

I've never been real good at dating, or at least I'm not ambitious enough for it. My girlfriend and I started out just talking, then I would give her candy on Valentine's day, and then we sort of fell out with each other.

We got back together in high school at a track meeting. I'd always had eyes for her, but I didn't think I was boyfriend material, so I never made any moves on her. Apparently she had eyes for me, because she asked me to sit by her at the track meeting. She then got behind me and pulled me back between her legs, wrapped her arms around my neck, and began to play with my goatee. We stayed like that for the entire game.

Afterwards, I asked her if she wanted to go see a movie with me (that Cursed movie was out at the time) and she said yes. Even after that, I didn't consider us a couple. After the movie, she pulled me aside and asked me if I wanted to be her boyfriend, and it went from there.
Get a new girlfriend and flaunt her infront of your ex.
I seriously doubt she would care, and as I said, I'm not real good at getting girls.
True, True... Breakups are often painful. It didn't matter with mine though, I broke up with her because I knew she only wanted me for sex, and money. After all that, she called me a womanizer, which is not true. I haven't seen anyone since her.

Gun: -Working on getting a girlfriend!

Me: Try to think of it this way, if you don't let go, how could you ever get someone else to fix that broken heart of yours? It's hard, yes. It's been years, and still I have dreams of her, I really loved her- but I knew it would never work out, our children would have a terrible mother, and I didn't want that.
Have you tried talking to her? Ask her how she's doing? How you'll feel deppends on what she answers. Risky.

Gun: OR- you could think of people who have it worse than you! I'll give you one- My brother, Vel!! He's had so many heartbreaks, that he's given up- and isn't eating. (clue: Tripple digits) Each one, he loved dearly, each one- broke his heart. What he did? I don't know. He's had girlfriends since he was twelve! And the poor guy still hasn't gotten over his first. (He's twenty six now, by the way.) Don't be like him! You'll end up a nasty bastard who uses violence as an answer to everything- a complete ASSHOLE!!
Oh THANKS A LOT. I feel so much better.
She gave me explicit instructions not to contact her in any way and I know that if I do, her father (who is a very big, very protective man) would kill me.

I am somewhat over her, and I've already promised that if she ever calls me again, I'm just going to pretend I don't know her. What I miss is the companionship and having someone who could make all my troubles disappear. When I was with her, my burden was lighter because I could always talk to her about it and she would always make me feel better.
I see, I'm sorry about that. It's time to start more extra curricular activities, to corrode your time. Might I suggest astronomy? The moon is very beautiful this month.

Gun: Get a dog!! Please don't be offended, but I think dogs are the greatest companions. They don't break your heart.
Dogs are wonderful things-so if possible, get one.

But on your break up, i truly wish you the best of luck with finding someone. I cannot relate-i've never had a bf, and i still think I'm too young to have one.