Join our server on Discord

Lucid Dreaming
I'm sure most people have heard about this at one time or another, but I though I'd bring it up. Lucid dreaming is the ability to realize you are dreaming while sleeping, usually allowing you to manipulate your dream.

I've read a little more on the subject, and I think I've come up with the easiest way to experience this.

First, you must relax and close your eyes, just as you normally would while going to sleep. The one important thing to remember though, is to never stop thinking. A good idea is to think about something like walking up and down stairs, or perhaps about what you'd like the dream to be about. The idea is to enter your lucid dream directly from consciousness, which would make the ability to realize you are dreaming (and thus manipulate the dream) much easier. Something interesting you might experience is a series of tremors right before you fall asleep; this is expected, and is a good sign. You must be confident in your dream, however, because if you only half believe you can manipulate your dreams, most likely you will not be able to. A good thing to do is to poke yoursef (HARD) and if you feel little/no pain, or if your finger just passes through your body, you will most likely gain a lot more confidence. This is an amazing way to relieve stress, as you basically can make all your dreams come true, and wake up feeling great.

TRY IT!
Sounds fascinating....I'm always too eager to sleep to try and manipulate my dreams.
Quote:Lucid dreaming is the ability to realize you are dreaming while sleeping, usually allowing you to manipulate your dream.
Many of my dreams fall into this category. Realizing that I'm dreaming when I'm being chased by giant insects is usually a small comfort, because the insects won't go away.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
What about that one where those people wanted to see what was written on your soul?
senjuro Wrote:What about that one where those people wanted to see what was written on your soul?

Wasn't that the Hitchiker's Guide To The Galaxy?
Somewhere in the Digimon Dreams thread, Wisemon said something about a dream where he was locking himself inside of a car because a group of creepy individuals wanted to see what was written on his soul.
Well, Arthur Dent runs away from mice that want to read his brain...
I've never been too good at controlling my dreams...usually, as soon as i realize i'm dreaming, i wake up. But i'll try this...maybe it'll work.
Try comforting images, I say. Waterfalls and snuggling with kittens (and Digimon) and stuff...AND MY SIG! IT'S SO ADORABLE!
I want to cuddle with your sig. Its just demanding cuddles...*cuddlecuddlecuddle*