Join our server on Discord

Poll: Should the teachers be punished?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
yes- please explain
11.11%
1 11.11%
no- please explain
88.89%
8 88.89%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

" the survey says what???"
Hey everyone!

Today was a very wierd day indeed. On the day of silence, my teacher Ms. Olson gave us a survey and now... 2 months later. The school board is in a tizzy and I am down right pissed. Here is the whole article for you to read. FYI- it made front page.
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=424003

My opinion:

I think that this survey is a simple learning point in that my teacher asked us to do a simple task of step out of our normal boundaries and look at something from a different perspective. If the school was to take it seriously and maturely none of this nonsense would occur. The task was simple and effective. No one was forced to fill out the survey or hand it in... period. It was strictly voluntary and worthwhile. I , along with my friends, have launched a petition to protect the teachers and I am very proud of them for doing all of this. The survey was not invasive in anyone's privacy and it was, all in all, a simple test to see- HOW WOULD YOU FEEL IF A STRANGER, ACCQUAINTANCES, OR EVEN FRIENDS ASKED YOU THESE QUESTIONS- EVERY DAY?!?!--- okay I am done, sorry I am a little flustered about this. Evil
Veemon's Followers
I thought that was pretty funny. And it's supposed to be a learning tool about how it feels to be gay. Seems pretty simple to me.
It does sound like an good idea to get kids thinking differently about homosexuality. As long as it's voluntary than I'm all for it, but if the children don't have a choice in filling it out THEN is when you start something about it.
"Stand tall and shake the heavens!" - Xenogears.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
ok I will say this again, people tend to be hypocritical and never allow them to feel like what they really are, people at your school are ignorant. Church and state has been divided for a reason and it sounds like this school is very morally obligated to watch out for those things.....It is as simple as this, it was meant to clarify something that was misunderstood such as non hetero relationships. Its an important exercise that all schools should have and no one should be punished.....It gets me angry to see something like that......

Either way, it helps the students understand that their words and actions really effect the people around them....They force and sling terms about gays and lezbians but now they can't handle something that could possibly open eyes to the truth?.... They need to learn that this idea is going no where......and

punishment should be none!!!!
Gabumon Loverz
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
Creative Minds
YEAH!! PUNISHMENT!! Uhh, who are we punishing again?
"Stand tall and shake the heavens!" - Xenogears.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
"Parent Lisa Krier on Monday called for the two teachers to be disciplined, saying the survey was a form of sexual harassment by teachers against students."

Sexual harrasment? WTF? The teachers weren't even asking for the paper back. How is this considered sexual harrassment? I mean, if a teacher gave one of those to me, and i talked to my parents about it, they would be fine with it, purely because it is a learning exercise.

"Reuter said she would have been offended if asked to take the survey. "I shouldn't have to answer that because it's private information," she said."

Didnt Roran say that they didnt have to bring it back? You answered if you want to. If a student felt uncomfortable taking the survey, they should have told the teacher, and not taken it.
No punishments. Lol- If I took this test- their heads would blow up.

I found it funny, that doesn't normally happen there- does it?
Sexual Harrasment? seriously now. People need to realize wether we shouldn't be hating each other. That is at the very least one of the main goals of the survey. The details are a little lacking for me to make full judgement on wether it was right or wrong all together.

It's hard to point fingers sometimes. The teachers hold some fault I suppose in introducing material that wasn't exactly part of the regular course, or so it would seem. Still, they did not enforce anything. The challenge to question one's beliefs should be rather welcomed in this case. People have difficulty thinking in other people's shoes. They are far too often uptight even if their view is right or wrong.
I don't think that the teachers should be punished, but I don't think it should have taken place during school hours. Perhaps it could have been done after school. I didn't really like the questions on the survey, I understand where there coming from, but the questions weren't that great for getting the point out. They seemed to ask if your sure your straight and question #9 seemed to demonize being heterosexual, or maybe it's just me. Don't get me wrong it is a great idea to get people thinking i just think you approached it in the wrong way.

love this question
If you have never slept with someone of your same gender, then how do you know you wouldn't prefer it?
I have many answers to this, but someone here would kill me and they are also kind of stereotypical.
before you said seomthing, i didnt even notice the survey was on the page. but, anyway, the survey made me laugh. its true, everyone asks homosexuals that. anyone who finds out has to ask. Dont you think that would gett annoying after a while? for the rest of today, i'm gonna go around asking "When did you decide you were heterosexual?"