Join our server on Discord

You pay for this, but they give you that
My dad and I went to Ohio, where we visited the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and the Pro Football Hall of Fame. For my diet, we ate mostly at reasonably priced salad bars. We stayed in fairly cheap hotels. In total, the 4.5 day vacation came to less than $700, including gas for 1200 miles of driving.

The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame:
They didn't let us take pictures, a contingency the artists made for their donations. The coolest things I saw were a sky blue Kurt Cobain guitar and a small window exhibit on Seattle grunge. There was a whole lot of space given to the Rolling Stones, the Beatles, and Elvis, and rightfully so. Aerosmith, Neil Young, The Who, CCR, Bob Dylan, and other classic rockers all had exhibits, and rightfully so. Now, some of the undeserving:
Ricky Nelson, Sam Cooke, and Roy Orbison do not need their own rooms! The B-52
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
Actually I find it quite reasonable, $18 is what most museums and halls tak from you to just show you what they want and not what you expect -_-

It has happened to me in some school trips when I was way younger, I didn't quite understand because I'm really ignorant, but parents got their nerves fried when they heard what we recieved after paying lots of money for the trips x.x
[Image: FearthatPlushy.jpg]
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Good to see you back. They may need to change around the R&R hall of fame but they probally do that about once a year or whenever there's a big enough event to. And you saw the guy from the football games huh? That sounds kind of interesting.
Well.. welcome back at least.

Is that a museum?
Wisemon Wrote:My dad and I saw John Madden in person!!!

You lucky. Did you get his autograph?
"Stand tall and shake the heavens!" - Xenogears.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Quote:You lucky. Did you get his autograph?
Not even close. He was surrounded by guys in suits, and then they all walked into a conference room.
I know that you saw me.
Nothing wrong with British guys talking. You can enjoy the accents. Punk may not have had good music, but it was more what it represented to British youth; we'd all been happy, conformist nuclear families with our brand new dishwashers and television sets, short, neat hair listening to our father's talk of the war, and the hippies had failed in their ideals of peace, but with Punk came a new ideal of rebellion. Were were not going to be sent to war, we were not going to sit back and obey the government, and we sure as hell weren't going to be pasifisticly lovey-dovey like the hippies. We were going to rock, and we were going to shock.

And thus came about British Punk, with the Sex Pistols. God Save The Queen was banned by the government; thus was Punk. So outragous, so terrible, that the government didn't want us to hear it. Youths took to wearing Swashtikas to shock and protest against the government. Frankly, I find that particular bit quite wrong, but we had Rock Against Racism; a difining moment that lead Britiain to multiculturalism, and opening the way against intolerance to Indians, Pakistanis, Jamacans, Chinese, and Africans in the UK. We would not be the place we are without Rock Against Rasism and the Punk movement.

Also, it spawned the Goth movement. So, you can blame that on us, too.

But the music was over-rated, yes. Well done on spotting a celebrity.
Quote:And thus came about British Punk, with the Sex Pistols. God Save The Queen was banned by the government; thus was Punk. So outragous, so terrible, that the government didn't want us to hear it. Youths took to wearing Swashtikas to shock and protest against the government. Frankly, I find that particular bit quite wrong, but we had Rock Against Racism; a difining moment that lead Britiain to multiculturalism, and opening the way against intolerance to Indians, Pakistanis, Jamacans, Chinese, and Africans in the UK. We would not be the place we are without Rock Against Rasism and the Punk movement.

Also, it spawned the Goth movement. So, you can blame that on us, too.

But the music was over-rated, yes. Well done on spotting a celebrity.
I was wondering what an actual British person thought of it, thanks. I agree; the British punk movement was important for everything that it inspired, but the actual music wasn't all that great. The Sex Pistols seem to be especially overrated, and The Clash and The Ramones aren't much better.
I know that you saw me.
Quote:My dad and I saw John Madden in person!!!
Ooooh!!!!!
.......................................................................................
Wait up..... Isn't he just a guy from a videogame? Like Super Mario?
Quote:Wait up..... Isn't he just a guy from a videogame? Like Super Mario?
Yep, he does have his own series of videogames, but that's just the tip of the iceberg of his fame. He started as a player. Then he was one of the best coaches ever with the Raiders. He became most famous as a game commentator, probably the most famous of all commentators, for his unique voice and humorous observations.
I know that you saw me.