Join our server on Discord

who thinks this is necessary
does this make anyone else mad

http://www.cnn.com/2006/TECH/internet/05...index.html
This is about Massachusetts wanting to raise the minimum age for myspace.com to be 18 to keep teens safe. I personally don't think this is necessary, but i would like to hear some other opinions.
It won't stop people from continuing to lie about their age, so yeah, it's unnecessary.
sub(irbz) IBZ Wrote:It won't stop people from continuing to lie about their age, so yeah, it's unnecessary.

exactly
Sexual predators do take advantage of it, and teenage girls do fall victim to it, so if they can get it to work, I do think that it's a good idea.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
I don't like myspace so if they want to do it then ok.
I think myspace and live journal are stupid. (although some live journals are actually interesting if done by the right people)
Like sub(irbz) IBZ wrote it really won't help the problem. unless they made it so you needed a credit card to get on but that probably wouldn't help much either since if it wasn't charging you could just use a parents and they'd never know.

Bottom line in my opinion: Neccesary, as in finding a way to protect young kids, yes. But this plan isn't going to do it.
"Stand tall and shake the heavens!" - Xenogears.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
See Wisemon's comment.
Bah! those are lazy ass sexual predators!! I mean if you want to commit a crime, get off your ass and do so! We should just rip myspace down already and tell peopl, be social in your neigboorhood!!! though I can feel for those people who don't live close to intelligent life

overall, do what you like to Myspace and other blogs, a criminal always find a way back in
pointless. utterly, irrefutably, pointless.
Veemon's Followers
i made this thread to see some different opions, but so far there are only two. i agree though it won't work, but even though i don't have a myspace, I still wouldn't want it to close because of what some predator did