Join our server on Discord

Circeus Drabbles
See last post for updates

Title: Popcorn
Series: Digimon Adventure 02
Characters: Daisuke, Chibimon
Rating: G
Word count: 137
Note 1: First drabble ever. I was thinking about how Daisuke refers to some previous incident in the story I'm working on, and this popped up.
Note 2: See also follow-up icon.

Daisuke glared at his partner. Chibimon countered with his cutest look. Daisuke could feel his teeth being bored through from the sweetness but he resisted. The young teen plopped himself down in a chair and buried his facein his hands.

He wasn't sure how it had all started, but he was almost certain it involved popcorn. It always had to do with the popcorn. Admittedly, sometimes it was the chips, but normally he'd give the digimon popcorn, and thus popcorn had to be involved. Whatever happened, explaining it to his parents would involve pushing even his imagination to unknown limits, and that was no easy feat. He looked up at the debris of the burnt microwave and sighed deeply.

"Whatever that was supposed to be, next time I'm doing it."

Title: Smile
Season: Adventure 02
Character(s): Ken & OC
Words: 264
Note: This is for Ah-buuh (cookies for you if you know who that is). I have absolutely no idea when in canon this should occur, but the idea was just too good to pass on.

Hideki Yamamoto entered the class and dumped the graded papers on the front desk with a sigh. This was today's last class and he would be glad when it was over. He looked up at the student and noticed a face he didn't recognize. The blue hair and eyes were awfully familiar, but for the life of him, he couldn't place a name on it.

Surely the management, or at the very least another teacher, would tell him if there was a new student in this class? Oh well, right now wasn't the moment to worry about it. The bell chimed and the class somehow calmed before greeting him. Hideki began calling out the student's name and they rose one by one to collect their graded papers.

When he came to the I's, he wasn't really thinking anymore. He only echoed the name on the sheet without really reading it. Then he looked up and there he was, the new student, looking expectantly at him. Hideki blinked. It couldn't be! he looked back at the sheet for the name. Ichijouji Ken. Then he looked back up and the thought hit him with the force of a bullet train. He had to strain to keep a straight face. That was indeed Ken Ichijouji, and he hadn't recognized him yet because he'd been smiling all along. He smiled back and handed him the paper.

"It's nice to see you with a cheery face," he said.

The boy gave him a short bow.

"You have no idea," Ken answered politely as he took his paper.

Title: Bubbles
Character(s): Daisuke, Chibimon
Words: 239
Note: The next drabble is a sequel to this one.

Chibimon jumped up and down in expectation, looking on as Daisuke mixed he strange ingredients. He didn't know whether it was edible, but the smell was too enticing to renounce the possibility.

"Is it ready yet? Is it?" he asked excitedly.

"Think so," the teen said.

Daisuke dumped a makeshift bubble blower in the mix. He raised it back and eyed the film. With a soft blowing, he summoned a soap bubble. Chibimon looked on in awe.

"Woah! I didn't know human could do that too!" the small digimon commented.

Daisuke eyed his partner inquisitively.

"What do you mean, 'too'?" he asked out of earnest curiosity.

The digimon drew a long breath and pursed his lips. A small bubble began to grow there. Its size increased, going well beyond Daisuke's feeble own, then it flew forward toward the boy.

"Wow! That's cool!" Daisuke exclaimed as the bubble drew closer to him.

"Hey, watch-!" Chibimon began.

The human turned toward him, and in doing so, caused the bubble to make contact with his chest. His smile immediately turned into a wince of pain. The bubble had exploded with the strength of a sharp punch.

"Ouch! That hurts! What was that?" he whined, rubbing the spot.

"It's Bubble Blow! That's what second-level Baby digimon do!" Chibimon explained cheerfully. "Now, can I taste it, can I?"

The digimon waved its stout, handless arms at the small bottle of strawberry-scented liquid. Daisuke sweatdropped.

Title: Homemade gift
Character(s): Daisuke, Ken
Couple(s): Hints of Daiken
Words: 300 (close call)
Note: I had plans for a longer dialogue, but I ended up having to actually cut stuff to keep under the 300 words bar...

"A gift, for me?"

Ken looked honestly surprised and Daisuke could hardly blame him. After all, his birthday was only the next day. But then, the redhead wasn't exactly known for patience in such matters. They sat at the former genius' kitchen table and he carefully placed the small package in the middle. After a few seconds of uneasy silence, Wormmon spoke up.

"Well, Ken, aren't you going to open it?"

Ken blushed and took the package, pulling on the thread keeping the wrapping paper in place. Inside was a small, nondescript box, which he opened, finding it stuffed with crumpled journal paper, and in the middle...

"Well... That's really nice of you..." he managed to say. "A... Bottle of 'Winged Moon' perfume."

Daisuke just laughed at his friend's uneasiness.

"Oh, no, it's not perfume!" he chuckled. "It's homemade bubble mix. Strawberry-flavoured. Using one of Jun's old bottle is just an extra perk."

Ken was torn between putting his palm to his forehead or laughing. He knew Daisuke would go through hell for that one.

"That's... Really thoughtful of you Daisuke, but..." Ken looked away from the other boy. "I don't want to blow bubbles ever again. Brings home too many bad memories."

Daisuke saw Ken's eyes turn humid. The boy's shoulders trembled as he fought the tears. Wormmon looked up at Daisuke in both reproach and alarm. The redhead got up and walked to his friend, putting a hand to his shoulder.

"No they aren't bad memories, Ken," he said soothingly. "Quite the contrary, they are perhaps the only happy memories you have of your brother."

"I'm sure he wouldn't approve if you stopped doing something that used to make you so happy just because of him," Wormmon added.

"Maybe... Maybe you're right," Ken admitted with a weak smile.

Title: Unsung
Season: Adventure 02, I guess
Character(s): Yamato (Gabumon)
Couple(s): Gabuto (YamatoxGabumon)
Rating: PG-13, implied crossbreeding
Words: 100 (stricto sensu drabble, yay!)
Note: A songfic. I've actually written Gabuto! I can die happy now, I guess...

There's something between the both of us.
I'm not quite sure when it began,
but I know I wish it would never end.
It's not quite love yet,
and still it's not quite friendship anymore.
It doesn't live in the words we address each others.
It revels in the silences between us.
We're going down a path
that doesn't leave any room to turn back,
but we don't care.
We wouldn't want to anyway.

He's the one I named my band after.
I'm the one his mind flies to every time
he hears a harmonica.
And it's all that matters.
This is lovely! Small incidents are the best incidents I think. Little precious occurences that have nothing to do with anything, but are just fun to read. It's brilliant!

I'd like to do some at some point. May I?
Uh, sure? Why are you asking me? :shock:
It's your topic, and your idea. I thought I'd ask permission.

I can't think of anything right now, but I'm certain insperation shall strike me on a bridge somewhere, or in a park or something.
:oops: Drabbles are hardly my idea alone, but I'm glad I could introduce the concept to you.
Title: Whipped cream
Character(s): Agumon, Taichi
Words: 222
Note: We humans do a lot of weird things, don't we?

Agumon and Taichi simultaneously rubbed their chins. The digimon wasn't quite sure how it had become part of their morning ritual, but lo and behold, here it was. Then the both of them took turns in the bathroom. Agumon was used to Taichi taking much longer than him. Longer than he used to, even. Which was weird. It seemed to be more complicated an operation back when they were in the Digital World, but his partner now spent a good quarter of an hour in the bathroom every mornings. This morning, he'd understand. He rasped at the door lightly with his claws.

"Taichi?" he asked.

"Yeah, Agumon, what'd d'you want?" his partner muttered back.

Agumon almost scowled. He was only worried, there was no reason for Taichi to talk with that tone. There was a slight splash of water inside.

"What are you doing? You seem to spent more times in there than you used to," the digimon stated.

There was a moment of silence, then the door opened. Agumon gasped.

When Taichi opened the door, he saw his partner's mouth hanging open. Then the digimon's face turned into one of a few select scowls he had ever adressed him.

"You've been having whipped cream all this time and you didn't even share?!" Agumon exclaimed.

Out of surprise, Taichi dropped his razor.

Rating: PG-13
Pairing: Gabuto
Words: 300
Note: My muses just floor me sometimes. They should be ashamed of themselves, really, they should!

Yamato leaned against the washing machine, a slightly annoyed eye aimed at the linen closet his partner had locked himself in.

"You do realize how ridiculous this is?" he asked.

"Yes, I do. Why do you think I'm hiding?" Gabumon retorted.

"Well, don't you get chocolate syrup on the towels! Dad would kill you."

Gabumon snorted. It was Yamato's fault in the first place for toppling the bottle all over him. Not that Gabumon minded that much, mind you. After all, he did get to lick off most of the mess. Until it came to his fur. Yamato insisted it had to go through the washer, and there would be no weaseling out of it, which had lead tem to this stalemate.

"You do realize you're going to have to come out to eat eventually?" the boy pressed on.

To hell with it! Gabumon thought to himself.

"Turn your back!" came the digimon's voice.

"Aw, come on, Gabu!" Yamato protested humorously.

"Turn.your.back," the digimon almost growled.

Yamato obeyed wordlessly. In his back, he heard the door opening, then the pelt was thrown on the floor, furry side up.

"See? It wasn't that hard," the boy commented as the door slammed in his back. "I really don't see why you're that... bashful about it."

"I don't either," Gabumon answered. "I mean, I'm not really shy about it around others... Only around you."

Yamato paused while putting detergent.

"Only... around me? Awww... That's cu-" Yamato stopped when he realized what that implied.

Gabumon's face was burning. The situation was going from bad to worse. Then the closet door opened. He tried to shield himself before he realized his partner was only clad in his briefs himself, and far, far redder than him. Yamato managed a smile.

"Now we can be embarassed together."

Title: Action/Reaction
Character(s): Iori, Daisuke, Miyako, OC
Words: 149
Note: As much as I like Iori, I'm finding him awfully difficult to write for, which make that Armori plotbunny all the more difficult to manage. Oh well...

"She said YES! She said YES! YES!"

I cannot contain a sigh. That's Daisuke for you. Always overreacting. Looking at him, you'd swear she accepted to marry him or something equally big, equally amazing. He's practically bouncing off the walls.

Make that literally bouncing off the walls. Any other girl would be annoyed at best by these antics, but he's unwittingly given everybody a prime view at his uderwear, so Miyako doesn't really mind.

Kenjiro notices where I look and stares at the twelve-years-old. He looks at me now.

"You know him?"

I can barely keep another sigh from escaping my lips. For a moment I'm tempted to say I don't, but that wouldn't be honest.

"Yes, I do."

His eyebrows arch. As much as I appreciate Daisuke, for once I wish he didn't have that kind of reaction just because Miyako accepted to help him salvage his science project.

Title: The nightlight
Character(s): Ken, Wormmon
Words: 155

I turn and shuffles around in the darkness. I try my best not to wake Wormmon up, but I know it doesn't work as I sense his breathing change. I finally settle on my back, so I don't have to stare at the shadows across the room and I listen to the soothing sound of Wormmon's breathing. He's always been there for me, even when he didn't quite realize it. Even now he's still with me in his sleep and I'll never be thankful enough for that.

I hate the darkness. I once revelled in it, and now it makes me sick. I look in the shadows and it's like there are eyes staring back at me, waiting for a change, waiting for a moment of weakness. I can't stand it. I can'ts tand the darkness.

I'm glad mom let me keep that nightlight. I don't know if I could sleep at all without it.
Keep this up. I cannot say just how much I'm enjoying these. Accurate characters (Iroi wasn't at all bad), perfect spelling a grammar, fantastic punchlines, which are well delivered, indeed. Your Yamato-Gabumon pairing made me say "aww", and Iori does think like that. If only out of a need to be harsh, I have to inform you "chin" should be plural in the first sentence of Whipped Cream. Well done, indeed.
Okay, I've come up with one. It follows thusly;

"So," said Yamaki, "Let me get this streight..."

Riley blushed and looked at her foot, which was drawing patterns on the floor. Behind her, various maintainence crew scratched their heads whilest diagnosing the steaming servers and processors.

"The HYPNOS system was overloaded because you've been writing and uploading so many yaoi fictions?"
I loved your Gabuto one...it was really sweet. Warm fuzzies! ^_^
There's another dump coming up later today, including the follow-ups to Whipped Cream and another Gabuto.

Mullen, I liked that little snippet a lot, but if you don't mind too much, I'd prefer if you'd make a thread of your own.