Join our server on Discord

Poll: Which should be my avatar?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Pirate Wisemon
62.50%
5 62.50%
Clown Wisemon
37.50%
3 37.50%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

The Anti Wisemon's Art Gallery
Some of you seem to remember the old avatar with the moustache and goatee. Well, I was thinking about having a new avatar and I thought these up. I would like your opinion in which would be best.

Since he's been posting as a 'Guest':
[Image: piratewisemongif.jpg]

Since he thinks he's great at making jokes:
[Image: clownwisemongif.jpg]

Oh, and this is out of the contest, but I wanted to think how his ideal girlfriend would be:
[Image: girlwisemongif.jpg]

If you come up with some other idea, I'll be glad to hear it.
I like the clown one. It makes me think of Piedmon, which I link to Oscar Wilde, as I've always felt he should make more playwrite references, and Oscar I link with the greatest wit in the land. Also, Wisemon is very good at making jokes. I think the clown would be a brilliant homage.
Well, if you must, I like the clown the best too.

Quote:which I link to Oscar Wilde, as I've always felt he should make more playwrite references, and Oscar I link with the greatest wit in the land.
I just read "The Importance of Being Earnest" for my British literature class, and then I learned about the life and times of Oscar Wilde. I think from now on, I'll link you to Oscar Wilde (since you're British). Someday, you can aspire to get arrested for sodomy just like him.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
Wisemon Wrote:Well, if you must, I like the clown the best too.

Quote:which I link to Oscar Wilde, as I've always felt he should make more playwrite references, and Oscar I link with the greatest wit in the land.
I just read "The Importance of Being Earnest" for my British literature class, and then I learned about the life and times of Oscar Wilde. I think from now on, I'll link you to Oscar Wilde (since you're British). Someday, you can aspire to get arrested for sodomy just like him.

Probably the worst mistake the empire ever made was arresting Mr. Wilde. In the Importance of Being Earnest, do you think the Algernon talks to the audience, or not? It seems that all the little nuggets of wisedom his imparts to Jack in Act I could be said to the audience as well. Things like "All women become like their mothers. That is their tragady. No man does. That is his." And that line, "Lane's veiws on marrage seem somewhat lax," where there is no-one around. I think that could be very much to the audience. What do you think?
lol, I like the clown one...
But the female version is funny!
Anything but the clown. Clowns terrify me, traumatic childhood experience please don't ask. Oh and you forgot the parrot for the pirate one.
"Stand tall and shake the heavens!" - Xenogears.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Quote:In the Importance of Being Earnest, do you think the Algernon talks to the audience, or not? It seems that all the little nuggets of wisedom his imparts to Jack in Act I could be said to the audience as well. Things like "All women become like their mothers. That is their tragady. No man does. That is his." And that line, "Lane's veiws on marrage seem somewhat lax," where there is no-one around. I think that could be very much to the audience. What do you think?
For one thing, I think Algernon is in the closet if he's marrying Cecily. His character in the beginning of Act I is far too playful and attached to his aunt to be straight. He's talking to Jack in the play, but that doesn't mean that what he's saying isn't intended as a message to the audience. Lines that can't be taken out of context aren't very memorable.
I know that you saw me.
Wisemon Wrote:
Quote:In the Importance of Being Earnest, do you think the Algernon talks to the audience, or not? It seems that all the little nuggets of wisedom his imparts to Jack in Act I could be said to the audience as well. Things like "All women become like their mothers. That is their tragady. No man does. That is his." And that line, "Lane's veiws on marrage seem somewhat lax," where there is no-one around. I think that could be very much to the audience. What do you think?
For one thing, I think Algernon is in the closet if he's marrying Cecily. His character in the beginning of Act I is far too playful and attached to his aunt to be straight. He's talking to Jack in the play, but that doesn't mean that what he's saying isn't intended as a message to the audience. Lines that can't be taken out of context aren't very memorable.

Attached to his aunt? "My dear boy, I love hearing my relations abused! It's the only thing that makes me put up with them. Relations are simply a tedious pack of people without the remotest knowlage of how to live nor the smallest instinct of when to die!" I think not. He also ate her sandwiches.

I think he would say up 'til "put up with them" to Jack, and then turn to the audience to deliver the rest of the line.

Then again, it depends on what style the director's chosen, doesn't it? You shan't see asides like that in someone sticking entirely to the script on the basis of "Oscar Wilde's wit is all anyone needs to see!" A director taking a more fun approch may set in asides. It all depends, really, doesn't it?
Quote:I think not. He also ate her sandwiches.
I didn't mean attached as in fond of; I meant attached as in dependent on and resentful of. He still took the time to make her favorite sandwiches, just to eat them himself.

Quote:A director taking a more fun approch may set in asides. It all depends, really, doesn't it?
Indeed.
I know that you saw me.
Shadowknight Wrote:Anything but the clown. Clowns terrify me.

Ich auch, though not for any particular reason. They're just freaky.