Join our server on Discord

Rate this
Ive been writting a story on the side thats a continuation of the popular metroid prime: Echoes. Please read and rate i need to know how im doing.

Two Worlds Apart

Begin transmission-- " Commander, Enemies are swarming us, ive never seen anything like it, conventional weapons are useless. We need back up down here and new weapons. Send us all the energy weapon prototypes if you must, just send us something. Our defence is weakening and there are multiple base breaches" An alarm goes off " This is our last stand off. Tell our families we fought valiantly. This is commander robins over and Ou- YEAAAARRRGH" -- End transmission.

As zero walked into the complex, he looked around. "..... As you can see we hold the latest in technological weapons and cybernetics" continued the private " This is it, The admiral will see you now" he finished and stood at attention. Zero entered the door and looked around there was a man infront of a window " Sit down Zero" said the man but zero continued to stand . " Fine, have it your way, I am admiral Marc, We have sought you because you are the only mercenary, with a high reputation for getting the job done. I understand you have survived multiple visits to the aeonicus VII on various missions, that is why we have chosen you" Explained the admiral " Lets discus your pay" Zero tapped a few buttons on his PDA and a hologram appeared " 10 million, Thats prepostourus" Zero turned to leave "Wait, 8 million" he tapped a few more buttons and and the hologram changed " 9 million, 8.5 and some new weapons upgrades" Zero raised an eyebrow and held out his hand " Deal, lets debrief you on your mission, walk with me to the research lab" finished the Admiral
As they left the young private saluted. " Two weeks ago, we sent a team to investigate a distress call in the aetherian system. We dispatched a team to investigate, but we lost contact witht team when they flew through a storm. Yesterday, a message came from the planet, Here is the disc, i will give you a few minutes to analyse it" as he handed the disc to Zero. Zero slide the disc into his visor and the message began to play:

Begin transmission-- " Commander, Enemies are swarming us, ive never seen anything like it, conventional weapons are useless. We need back up down here and new weapons. Send us all the energy weapon prototypes if you must, just send us something. Our defence is weakening and there are multiple base breaches" An alarm goes off " This is our last stand off. Tell our families we fought valiantly. This is commander robins over and Ou- YEAAAARRRGH" -- End transmission.

Zero ejected the disc as they entered the lab. A scientist walked up " Oh my god, is that zero, The Zero. Mr Zero, ive seen all your exploits and read all your mission logs. Can i please have your auto-" " MANSLY, THE UPGRADES NOW" Roared the admiral " Oh y-yes" stutered mansly and ran over to the platform " Your sister, sirus was here recently and i got her suit design. I updated it and gave it a whole new arsernal. Please stand on the pad" he requested Zero stepped up onto the pad. A shell raised itself and he began to feel claws attaching pieces of armor. He inserted his cannon intot the slot and felt energy pulsing through it. He watched the view screen as more armor was put on him. A piece of device on a claw wrapped itself around his throat. The shield slid down and his suit chaged from brown to black. A list on his visor appeared telling him of the new upgrades inside of the suit. He stepped down and raised to full height " Wow...." exclaimed mansly in marvel. " Incredible, something of yours actually works mansly" commented the Admiral. "Follow me to the briefing room, please" requested the Admiral and walked out. Zero picked up a piece of paper and fired a small laser out of his arm. It swirled around on the paper and disappeared. He handed the paper to mansly and walked off. The paper read ' To mansly, next time dont call me mister, Zero' Mansly passed out.

After a three hour briefing Zero headed down to the dock with the admiral. " All you basicly have to do is go down to the planet and report the teams status, they are suspected dead but we're hoping thats not the case" explained the admiral " Good luck and godspeed" he said with a salute and zero boarded. Zero sat in the chair and the computer kicked up " DNA Recognition confirmed, welcome zero, whats your destination" it announced. Zero tapped a few buttons on the console " Arian system" announced the computer and the engine fired up. The ship launched into the inky void and entered hyperspace. Zero sat back and watched the system diagnostics. " incoming message" announced the computer. Zero accepted and mansly's face popped up

Begin transmission-- " Zero, the admiral asked to explain the suits modificatons and im sorry but i modified your ship too" mansly began " The ship has been fitted with a new prototype shield that allows you to travel through magnetic storms, space and atmospheric, and engines looked damaged so i repaired them for you " he explained. Zero nodded a thank you. " Now your suit has an extra armor plating similar to your ship with the same properties, your suit has a more rounder and human shape. The sholder pads are desinged to act as a medium for your suits new function. Curling up tight allows your suit to take on a perfectly rounded shape allowing you to manuever through small pipes. The suit whilst in the curl up mode can drop small energy mines. Now to the full specs." explained mansly " Your suit Legs can withstand enormous friction and bionics in the legs allow you to run at a ridiculus but safe speed. The boots can grip magnetic surfaces and are fitted with jets allowing you to jump higher" he continued " The abdomen is bullet proof and pulse laser resistant. Its durability in melee is nearly impervious. The arms are fitted with bionic implants and are same as your body and legs in combat design. The only exception is now you can lift 200 times your own weight." he continued.

" Now we come to my favourite part, the arm cannon. You can now collect and store energy to either fire as an enormous blast or use to repair your suit. It has a new arsernal. You can fire a single standard shot plasma blast, a spazer, which fires several shots in one go, a missile launcher and a flamethrower. Your visor can now scan anything in existence. Things it may not have on file will be strutually or genetically or chemically scanned from a distance. That suit mod is my prfide and joy all i want is for you to scan everything. Creatures, buildings, systems, everything. Take good care of of that suit and come back safe, Mansly out" --End transmission.

Manslys face flicked of the screen and ahead on the screen showed an approaching planet. " Atmospheric storms detected, please brace for a rough landing" blared the computer and the ship entered the atmosphere. It began to rock and shake as it continued it descent. The ship was struck by lightining as it fell but the ship held its trajectory. The ship flew along the planets surface and into a large cave. It slowed down to a stop and turned on the spot. Its landing pods extended and it touched down and zero exited the cockpit. He stood on the exit pad. It raised up to exit the ship. Zero activated his visor and it gave a readout planet: chrysalis, Atmosphere, mixed oxygen and helium, no toxins detected. Powering suit for possible combat' .The visor began scaning the planets surface and objects. Zero jumped and performed a flip in mid air, landing on his feet. He stepped out of the cave and onto the the planets exterior surface.

As he stepped onto the alien world, Zero looked around as his visor scanned everything. He looked over the horizon and saw it was dark. Two moons hung high in the sky. There was a buzzing behind him and he turned to see an enormous insect eyeing him out curiously. It landed on his arm and looked into his visor. The visor scanned it. It gave a readout: " War wasp, Normally a pacifist, War wasps attack when antagonised, they commonly make friends with a species and certain circumstances" he hear a roar and the war wasp ran up his arm and onto his sholder. He turned and saw a monster jump over a cliff and his visor scanned it: "Creezon, a large doglike creature, lives on a diet of meat and and insects" Zero raised his arm cannon and fired. The blast caught the creature in the mouth and fried its insides. It dropped dead. The war wasp took off from his sholder and headed into a hive. He walked into a clearing, The landscape was blasted and an enormous crater sat in the middle. He climbed in and and analysed the rock at the bottom. It was a meteor and it seemed to be leaking an unknown chemical. He climbed out of the crator and saw a hologram. He scanned it to try and figure out what it was. After a few moments a message came over the visor " Log download to visor databanks. Would you like to read?" Zero nodded " R-mahls last entry: Here i stand the last hope for my race, we are few now consisting of only five. The beast at the bottom of the crater is nothing to what is under the surface. Weve learnt its weakspot is the holes in its stomach but none of our weapons are small enough. But we the miras, shall fight to the end nonetheless, our inginuity is nothing for its brute strength." he turned around and saw the crater. On the farside there was 5 skeletons of alien creatures.

The ground began to quake as he scanned the bodies. The crater exploded and zero was showered with dirt and rocks. There infront of him stood an enormous monster. It had reptillian skin and a face like a horned dragon. Its stomach was humoungous and had five holes in a line like buttons. It roared and attemted to swipe zero but zero jumped back instinctively. Zero fired of a few plasma rounds and hit the creature fair in the face. Zero switch his scanner on. He couldnt get an accurate lock on as the creature reared up to full hight. Five spikes popped out of the holes and zero began to run around the creature. The spikes fired one after another as the creature turned and hit the wall infront of zero. Zero jumped and started using the spikes as stairs to to get up and away from the creature. He jumped from the fifth and grasped a ledge. He swung himself up and crouched out of sight of the monster. He switched his plasma blast to the spazer and activated the scan function. He looked over the edge and began to scan the monster. It gave a readout "Mais, A large monster created through heylar poisoning. The only data available on this creature is that the weakness is the holes on its belly. The heart of this creature is seperated into five fragments and each is at the entrance of these holes. No other data is available". He took aim and fired at the holes the spazer couldnt hit the target.

The monster roared and swipped at zero. A direct hit knocked him off the platform and he landed in the dirt. Zero rolled over in time to dodge a spit of acid. He rolled again and missed another spit. Suddenly there was a familiar buzzing noise and a swarm of war wasps came over the cliff. They began to circle the mais as it swiped at them unsuccesfully. The war wasp's began to fly into the holes one by one untill the they were all gone. The mais howled in pain as yellow blood poured out of the holes. It gave one mighty roar and fell to the ground dead. The war wasp's exited the corpse through the holes and flew over the cliff edge. Confused, Zero scratched his head and climbed off his little cliff edge. He landed on the ground and walked over to the monsters body. He kicked it in the head lightly and its mouth fell open. A small device fell out of its mouth. Zero picked it up and it began to glow. It split in two and began to meld with his armor. He unwillingy transformed into the morph ball. He began to glow and a message came across " Ball transformation upgraded to magnet ball, you can now grip metallic and magnet surfaces". He rolled over to a wall and looked up at the rough surface. The visor told him that where was iron ore all throughthe wall.

He pressed himself against it and he gripped the wall. He climbed to the top and returned to normal form. He jumped to a ledge high up and climbed up the wall. Over the top was a massive cliff. He jumped off and free fell head first in a pin drop. As he fell he saw the ground rising up to meet him. He guided himself towards the wall, apunhimself to an upright position and dug his fingers into the wall using it to slow himself down. As he ripped through the dirt he came to the final 20 feet of his fall. He kicked of the wall and did a triple flip and hit the ground running. The damage he'd done to the wall caused a rock slide and as he ran he twisted his head to see it. He continued to run and ran into a cave as the demolished cliff roared past him and into the cave he kept running as the cave sloped upward. He ran out and jumped at the entrance shooting up like a bullet as the dirt followed suit. He looked down and fell through the air, landing on the ground in a crouching position.

Dirt rained down for a bit and zero looked up to survey the surroundings. There was a massive building looming ahead of him. He headed over towards it. He scanned for signs of life. No signs were detected so he proceeded toward the building. He entered the front door and walked up to a platform. The platform rumbled and began to rise up. He reached the top and stepped off the platform. There was a small hole embedded in the wall. Zero rolled into the ball and rolled into the hole. The tube began to rumble. As he rolled a shutter slammed shut behind him and then another. He rolled as fast as he could and outran the shutters. He flew out the end and returned to normal form. Four creatures fell from the ceiling. He scanned them as they approached him " Purin, Sinple to destroy as they are weak but in numbers they can wipe massive forces and cities. Shoot to kill" came the readout. Zero ran out and jumped, grasping hold hold of a pylon he fired 3 rounds and spun, gripping the pylon he opened fire. One of the creatures exploded due to a direct hit. He wallkicked and landed on the ground running towards the wall. One of the creatures lunged at him. Zero ran up the wall and aimmed backwards. Firing a missile, The creature connected it and was decimated. Zero jumped off the wall and rolled into a ball in mid air. He landed and rolled under the third creature and dropped two mines. The purins legs were vaporized. He transformed again and faced the fourth and ran at it full belt. He fired a missile and grabbed a hold of it. He flew with the missile and hit it. The explosion blew him into the air and performed a flip and landed on his feet.

The room began to quake and the walls began to move. A room was exposed as more purins appeared, They lunged at him and he opened fire. Strafing to the left, he blew one them to shreds. He continued to open fire and rolled to the left. Two of them went up in flames and another. He switched to the spazer as they began to pour into the room by their hundreds. There was blood and gore all over the place, as they were sprayed all over the wall. They started to back off and zero knelt down one knee, curious as to why. There was a rumbling and a massive creature creature fell from the roof. He turned on his visor and scanned it. The readout came through " Purit, the queen of the purins, these creatures can grow to the average size of a two story building. It covered with a hard carapace and is only vulnerable orally.". Zero jumped off the wall, morphed into the ball and rolled under the queen and dropped a mine beside its leg and rolled like a bat outta hell. The mine exploded and took out its left front leg.

The purit stumbled and fell over. He rolled over to the monster and morphed back. He fired a missile into the purits mouth. It swallowed the missile and the missile exploded in the purits mouth blowing a hole in its stomach. He rolled underneath and used a mine to bounce himself into its stomach. He pressed himself against the stomach wall and started rolling. He began to speed up and dropped mines aginst the walls startegicaly and bounced off the explosions. The explosions began ripping it apart piece by piece. Eventually he blew up through its spine and flew through the skin, morphing back to human form.

....... This is what ive written so far, tell me wat u think.
One question: Who's Zero? I don't think I remember him from any game. Is he a replacement for Samus? *points to sig* Samus=HOT!
"Stand tall and shake the heavens!" - Xenogears.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
You = right. But a lot of nintendo girls can be in drawn right.
Zero is samus brother and replacement. Shortly after her escape from planet Zebes, he was discovered by a derelict group of chozo and was trained in the same combat styles as her. But please i need to know what people think of the story so i know if im doing alright.
well:

Story: N/A. It seems very similair to the story from Echoes, with him going to the planet to investigate a lost team of commandos and whatnot, so I can't give credit for this.

Visuals (describing the scene, etc): good, The Mais only had the head, the holes, and skin type described, and the purit wasn't even described (or maybe I missed it) so it's left entirely to the imagination.

Characters: I have to say this first (sorry) there's no Samus ( :cry: ), but it would be nice to have some backstory on him, How he survived, was rescued, training, etc. Also since I'm guessing sirus is Samus Aran, You should explain how they know since with all the planet hopping I'd figure it'd be hard for the two to meet.

Overall: Needs some backstory, and when writing about a game on a board that has to do more with anime (don't take that the wrong way I can't speak for everyone but I enjoy reading diffrent stories) you need to explain the characters better since it's very possible some people might not have ever played the game. Good foundation though now it just needs to be built on.
"Stand tall and shake the heavens!" - Xenogears.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Thank you, some honest feed back..... Ill work on it and post it soon, Btw i like your stories there sweet..... but yeah thank you, i like criticism. It points me in the right direction. I forgot about something so ill fix it up..... You are right so i might be on the wrong track, but it will soon be changed. Im trying to stray away from the Echoes story line and it will after the purin/purit fight. Thank you again and ill modify the story asap and get you to look at it.
You want some honest feedback? I just hope it doesn't leave you too torn up inside when I give it to you.

Characters - 0/10:

Quote:Zero does not exist. Until Nintendo officially ret-cons a brother in for Samus Aran, she has none. Though "Zero" is a suitable name for a character who does not exist, it is also a suitable score for a Gary Stu. Especially as he seems to be famous with zero cause and has people fawning over him...

Semantics - 0/10:

Quote:Lack of proper capitalization (generally, both Rank/Title and Name need to be capitalized when a character is using them both -- just like President Lincoln, King Arthur, et cetera), paragraphing, and misuse of punctuation all detract from the enjoyability and coherence of the story.

Story - 2/10:

Quote:The story seems contrived, and doesn't seem to be anything that Samus couldn't have done on her own. And since the only time, in continuity, that Samus has ever been out of action was when the X Parasites infected her (Metroid Fusion, GBA), I'd say you're really stretching for a way to put your fan-character into this story.

Overall - 2/30:

Quote:As I mentioned, this whole things seems to be stretching continuity and Metroid-verse believability. We have been introduced to 5 more bounty hunters, so we know that Samus is not the only one (Kanden, Trace, Sylux, Spire, Noxus and Weavel; Metroid Prime: Hunters, DS), and you could easily have created Zero as a fully unique bounty hunter without any reliance on a connection to Samus or the Chozo -- you chose the wrong path in making him Samus' brother (she's an only survivor and a war orphan from a Space Pirate raid; Metroid Fusion manual) and the Chozo were not eager to take in just any orphan -- they saw the threads of destiny around here or something, and how she was going to be able change the universe, which is why they raised "the hatchling" as they called her (Metroid Prime; GameCube) and made a special Power Suit suitable for her body.

Maybe you could re-think Zero, and write a good story -- but as long as you rely on him being a male Samus (I made one once, but never wrote him; more of a gender-swapped Samus than a brother, though), the story as a whole will remain weak.

That's my honest feedback.
So, you want honest feedback huh? Your story does not merely suck, it doesn't merely blow either. It defies the laws of physics by sucking like a black hole and blowing like a super nova at the same time.

First of all, Zero is a Stu. Samus Aran, is a lone survivor of a space pirate attack, no brother, and the Chozo weren't exactly keen to raise her.

Second, your story lacks proper grammar, capitalization, and just plain ignores all the rules of the English language. Remember, this may not be school, but how you are seen online is shaped by how you type.

Third, is this guy supposed to be Samus' brother, or this unknown Sirus' brother?

Fourth, you do not autograph a paper with a laser, you destroy a paper with a laser.

Fifth, why would he be given a three hour briefing, that could be summed up in one sentence?

As for Mais, what kind of fucked up evolution caused this thing to reveal it weakness so readily?

So, this is my honest opinion of your story. Scrap this, and try again.
Quote:So, you want honest feedback huh? Your story does not merely suck, it doesn't merely blow either. It defies the laws of physics by sucking like a black hole and blowing like a super nova at the same time.
I don't know who you are, but I like your style. I want to see what you have to offer in the story telling department.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
Yeah, I thought when I saw this, "Hey, the new poster has some."
Heh heh. Now let's see you write something. It'd be interesting. And it might be good.