Join our server on Discord

Just overwhelming
Well, I'm just not feeling really great today.

I'm very nervous because I have to go my Doctor's tomorrow for a check up. 6 months ago I went in and found out I was at high risk for heart disease and that I needed to lose weight, so I dropped 50 lbs. When I got a check up 3 months ago he said my blood pressure was fine, but now I have to get my bloodwork checked up. So I go tomorrow to find that out...I'm pretty nervous because I've been having chest pains lately...my mom thinks its stress but I don't know; I hope it's just stress.

And then there is school...I was going to get an Engineering degree and then I decided I'm not enjoying it much, and the math is killing me so I'm going to be jumping into the medical field instead...I'm just nervous that the wait to join the program will be too long to wait for. I'm nervous that things aren't going to work out right.

I guess its all just a little unsettling, I'm worried about this school stuff but for all I know this Doctor thing could go badly...probably not but its all so overbearing.
Quote:And then there is school...I was going to get an Engineering degree and then I decided I'm not enjoying it much, and the math is killing me so I'm going to be jumping into the medical field instead...I'm just nervous that the wait to join the program will be too long to wait for. I'm nervous that things aren't going to work out right.

I guess its all just a little unsettling, I'm worried about this school stuff but for all I know this Doctor thing could go badly...probably not but its all so overbearing
I would not advise becoming a doctor (my dad's a doctor). It's a long road before you start making any money, at least ten years. Even after that, the insurance companies make it a lot less profitable than it used to be. You see, the drug companies worked out a deal with the government to keep their prices high, so in order to save on Medicare, the government is cutting doctors' pay by 25%. Other insurance companies are following this pattern to lesser extents.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
Oh, I'm not being a Doctor, I'm looking into Surgical Technician, basically a Surgery Assistant, only a few years of school for it, it'll be nice...pretty good money too.
Wow, So I guess it's a good thing me or my sister never really went ito the medical feild. I don't think I could do it and I think my sister has a degree in nursing but she assisstant runs a grocery store.
I get chest pains all the time, too. Dunno if it's stress or whatever, but I have a heart murmur, so I imagine that has something to do with it. If you were able to drop 50lbs in 6 months, that's quite amazing! You must have been really dedicated to it.

Anyway, don't worry about making money. Find a field that you'll like working in. The enjoyment you reap from that will more than balance the disparriagement in your income.
Well I dropped 50lbs in 3 months, I didn't lose anything else for 3 months after that...but I guess I'll be on heart medication for the rest of my life. But the Doc dosen't think the chest pains are anything serious, but I'm getting it all checked out to be on the safe side...fun fun.
Just keep a level head about it should help. Something like this would cause some concern, but don't let it overbear you.

For me it would be nigh impossible to lose 50 lbs. I don't have much... cushion.
I don't think I could lose 50 pounds. I don't have much fat showing on me anyway.
I've lost a good load of weight recently. I used to have three spare tires around my belly, now I can't even get a handful of flab. I'm feeling quite good about myself. I deserve ice-cream.
Damn right. Chocolate Fudge Brownie!