Join our server on Discord

The distance between the things you say
The following isn't a rant because it's impersonal, and I'm really not that angry about it.

Has anybody seen the recent Subway commercials for the chicken parm sandwich and the buffalo chicken sandwich? Both of these sandwiches have breaded and fried chicken in them. Less than a year ago, Jared (the spokesman) criticized other fast food places for breading and frying their chicken sandwiches, and he praised Subway for not "messing" with the chicken. Do you see the fast food hypocrisy here? Subway, as a chain, has given in to the cheap technique of giving Americans artery-clogging fried foods in place of fresh ones. They're starting to become everything they used to hate. Yet, they still have the nerve to keep that slogan: "Eat fresh."
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
I distinctly remeber that commercial and noticed the hypocricy, however I thought it was a ploy to open customer variance and increase revenue but I could be wrong
Veemon's Followers
Well, Mr Wise, it is simply because Jared is a puppet, he was never actually fat, just made some fat guy wear clothing that anyone could have had on at the time then swap it to some skinny prick with big lips, they are television spokes people Wise, they have no wil, soul or mind of their own, if anything, we should give them pity
EpsilonZX Wrote:Well, Mr Wise, it is simply because Jared is a puppet, he was never actually fat, just made some fat guy wear clothing that anyone could have had on at the time then swap it to some skinny prick with big lips, they are television spokes people Wise, they have no wil, soul or mind of their own, if anything, we should give them pity

^^^ I wonder if bush fits into that category ?
Veemon's Followers
No, he's a political puppet. We never really know who pulls the strings on them or how many people have they're strings pulled.
And they may have some idea of how they make it so it's better.
If you want proof you'd have to get the nuitrition infomation.
Wisemon Wrote:The following isn't a rant because it's impersonal, and I'm really not that angry about it.

Has anybody seen the recent Subway commercials for the chicken parm sandwich and the buffalo chicken sandwich? Both of these sandwiches have breaded and fried chicken in them. Less than a year ago, Jared (the spokesman) criticized other fast food places for breading and frying their chicken sandwiches, and he praised Subway for not "messing" with the chicken. Do you see the fast food hypocrisy here? Subway, as a chain, has given in to the cheap technique of giving Americans artery-clogging fried foods in place of fresh ones. They're starting to become everything they used to hate. Yet, they still have the nerve to keep that slogan: "Eat fresh."

Why do we care? I happen to like buffalo chicken. Especially on pizza. My metabolism isn't even that high.

And now, a health commercial:

"America: GET SOME FUCKING EXERCISE! Walk places! Swim in the summer! Ride bikes! Shlep stuff up stairs!"

Following those demands would actually solve a lot of people's health problems, in addition to making said people look nicer.
Well even if they are "messing with chicken" at least they still keep their original alternatives available. If they took that away and replaced it with breaded and fried chicken, I think that'd be cause for serious alarm.

At least they have the moral fiber not to do the unthinkable.
Quote:Shlep stuff up stairs
Though it's comforting to know that our generation will retain some Yiddish, "schlepping" won
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
Hey, yiddish was used by some popular comedians so some people will remember a word or two.
[quote=Wisemon]
Quote:Shlep stuff up stairs
Though it's comforting to know that our generation will retain some Yiddish, "schlepping" won