Join our server on Discord

Defending my province
The problem isn't people. The problem is stupid people, which unfortunately seem to outnumber us by almost 100 to 1, and people who don't do anything to help out the economy. I say we just grab some shotguns kill every homeless person (let's face it they're dead anyway), and everyone over maybe 80 or so (they aren't helping anyone), and every idiot. We kill two birds with one stone, we cut back on the population and make the world a more intteligent place to live.
"Stand tall and shake the heavens!" - Xenogears.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
senjuro Wrote:Don't forget, the US isn't the only country on the globe that's brainwashed into idiocy.

That's my point. Britain is, too, now.
shadowknight Wrote:The problem isn't people. The problem is stupid people, which unfortunately seem to outnumber us by almost 100 to 1, and people who don't do anything to help out the economy. I say we just grab some shotguns kill every homeless person (let's face it they're dead anyway), and everyone over maybe 80 or so (they aren't helping anyone), and every idiot. We kill two birds with one stone, we cut back on the population and make the world a more intteligent place to live.

Ever heard of this little old thing called morality, Oh Great Budding Hitler?

Herr Mullen Wrote:Considering that most youths seem to be lazy, opinionated chaps who can't live without a DVD player, and refuse to clean their bedrooms, let alone their litter, I don't think we have much hope. The poorer children are as spoilt as the richer children; trying to explain the importance of conservation to them is wearying. Most happily sing "If You're Happy And You Know It Bomb Iraq", and haven't the smallest grasp of their own history, let alone that of Arabia or Babalon. Their cultural identities have been removed with sergical advertising and fast food. They seem to retain very few qualities of their homeland, and much more of American youths. Wasteful, indeed. Show me a significant proportion of teenagers protesting for America signing up to the Kyoto agreement, and I will immediatly retract this prejudice, damning, and downright stupid statement.

That is, indeed, a prejudiced, damning and downright stupid statement. As a living, breathing, thinking and feeling 16 year old (verging on 17), I take offense. However, I refer you to www.youthrights.org, where the forum-goers make an occupation of picking statements like that down to their bare, stupid bones and then incinerating the bones.
What province?
I'm from the Lobster(N.S) And I aint heard anything bout this. Then again it might be on the other side of the country.
One thing that people need to understand is this. News is 99% of the time, BULLSHIT! The only thing that ever is true is when somebody dies and there's proof. Otherwise, they just say what they want you to hear and never EVER tell the whole story. That's why I never watch the news and only read the comics in the paper.
The Reaper Wrote:What province?
I'm from the Lobster(N.S) And I aint heard anything bout this. Then again it might be on the other side of the country.

I'm to the east of you, Newfoundland.

Either way, it's just about blown over now. All this outcry has publicized the seal hunt quite extensively, and actually popularized seal products. In fact, it's been projected that this year's hunt won't accumulate enough product to handle the newly surging demand for it.

Stupid celebrities. They should get on the side of a real cause, like nuclear disarmament or global warming.
Zephyr of Darkness Wrote:The world would be better off without humans.

Agreed.

Shadowknight Wrote:The problem isn't people. The problem is stupid people, which unfortunately seem to outnumber us by almost 100 to 1, and people who don't do anything to help out the economy. I say we just grab some shotguns kill every homeless person (let's face it they're dead anyway), and everyone over maybe 80 or so (they aren't helping anyone), and every idiot. We kill two birds with one stone, we cut back on the population and make the world a more intteligent place to live.

You can't be serious.

senjuro although I don't personally like hunting I can see your point. Your province does need the income. It is not like some people who hunt for sport which I am completely against.

The media does have a lot of lies in it although I don't stop listening to the media period I just don't take everything that they say as a 100% true. I believe in getting both sides of a story before actually forming an opinion.

Anonmon thanks for the website I'm going to have to check it out sometime.
I'm not all for hunting, either, but the media puts such a horrible slant on it. I can't bear it when an uninformed foreigner screeches on national television that we are brutal, savage, and archiac, as Heather Mills McCartney did.
senjuro Wrote:I'm not all for hunting, either, but the media puts such a horrible slant on it. I can't bear it when an uninformed foreigner screeches on national television that we are brutal, savage, and archiac, as Heather Mills McCartney did.

I think it just shows someones own ignorance when they judge others without getting thier facts straight. He is either looking for publicity-sadly this happens a lot- or is just a complete idiot for not getting his facts straight before he went on television. As the quote by socrates says in my signature the only evil is ignorance.
Yeah, they were just ranting on and on about something they knew nothing about. Then they started talking about snow crab, which was totally unrelated.

When Premier Williams started talking about putting white sheets on slaughterhouse floors and you'd see blood, just like you see blood on the ice, the shrew screamed out "You're a typical politician, Danny, you're dodging the issue."

I felt like clubbing her with her prosthetic leg. And yes, I'm a jerk. ^_^