Join our server on Discord

Dammit, it's even worse than real life.....
Yeah, old console games are the pinnacle of gaming excellence. Too bad the current standard in graphics technology didn't coincide.

Y'know...the word "pinnacle" always reminds of "pinochle" and "pineapple"...I guess under my tough exterior, I just want to play cards and eat tropical fruit.
There's two different RPGs; the ones with a plot like the final fantasys and the MMORPGs like everquest or city of heros/villians, where you make your hero.
Those are like D&D.
i stoped playing console RPGs a long time ago becouse of there consistant story lines, try some MMORPGs such as Dark Age of Camelot, Ultima Online, Ever Quest, or even World of Warcraft (i hate that game but its still better than consol games (n just so you know main reason i hate it is it takes costomers away from DAoC))

o n if you find you like dark age tell me n if your on the gareth server albion realm i can hook you up with some money and good gear to start ya off
Not only do you have a good argument but product placement areas as well!

(slicks back hair and dons a purple suit) Tired of those ordinary games that make you save the world? Wish you could have more comtrol and less guide lines to atune to? Have 50$ kist lying around???

Then you need RPG Maker 4 for the computer! not only do you make the story, MC's and Mobs, but you can play and let others play your game via the internet! Build the workld as you want it and leave as much leeway as possible!

Such great games I've seen are...
-The Dragon's Tale, you are a villian who needs to save a dragon from a bitch of a princess and take over the world in the process
- Lost Island in the Blue, you need to survive day by day as you are shipwrecked on a desert isle, gather nuts and fruits, beat hungry wolves witha stick, eat dead crew members like the Donner Party!
-Learn2Read, the title says it all! Travel around the world learning all languages that make up the one language of the Alien race coming to destroy earth! Use neat nagotation skills to spare the world and it's problems!
- The Bumble Bee (my game) nothing to do with bees, but lots to do with disorderlyness, finding stupid objects to throw at villagers, talking to retarded salesmen, fighting big bosses who are weak and small bosses who are strong, using the magical flower thingy to change the world's atmosphere, and find Frogo and many more secret characters!

Buy it now, buy it now, BUY IT NOW!!!
Thank you all except for the ones that recommended me Xenogears.(just kidding. But it was that game that made me write this rant. The playing was fairly good, but the latest stages of the game SUCKED. I hate the dialogues (and can't speed them up!!!), the lifeless characters, the hard to believe and complicated plot (not cuz it's elaborated, it's cuz they've stuffed all kinda things on it).So far,
SPOILER WARNING*****
In the latest stages of the game there are lots of meaningless things, like massive cities destruction and people mutating. Can you actually believe that people mutate cuz 'they have their 'limiters' taken away? They say they're going to evolve humans by taking their limiters and the MCs become more powerful while the ordinary people become bloodsucking monsters *raising an eyebrow*.
And the 2 MCs start off with some odd and stupid kind of 'I'll save you' and 'I see myself in you' kind of relationship. They spend hours and hours of playing without barely being with each other. Then all of a sudden they show up being in love and having it off (a hard thing since the MC shows up naked a lot of times and doesn't have any stuff) Twisted
END OF SPOILER***********

I'm gonna look up those games you say. That RPG maker 4 seems cool, but first I'd have to get a computer :( . Of all the games you mention, the one I remember seeing around was Lunar.

Quote:Along any adventure, the participants are expected to get stronger. It'd kinda suck if you were stuck at level 1 the whole time while your enemies got stronger, especially since the main adversary is depicted as being strong enough to annihilate planets by breathing on them.
Errr, yeah. If not it'd be a graphic adventure. You're right...eheheh....
[quote]Haven't played BoF3, and from what I remember, Suikoden II contains one of the most hated villains ever in the form of Luca Blight. Generally, the script writers have to come up with something to make the gamer hate the villain. Wiping out a defenseless village is the easiest way to achieve this, and since a lot of writers are lazy, this clich
Quote:I know some guys who would rather hide behind the girl's back.
I'd fight beside you instead. It makes sense with some people.
In all honesty if a giant dragon/demon/whatever attacked my city, I'd run around like a chicken with it's head cut off. Zombies on the other hand I think I could handle. A baseball bat, a shotgun, a pitchfork, and tons of other beautiful little tools that can easily be turned into weapons of ungodly death. I can't wait till the reanimation begins.
"Stand tall and shake the heavens!" - Xenogears.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Hey, has anyone here played Vandal Hearts by Konami? I think it was one of the first, if not the first strategy RPG on the PS. I just love it. There's one severe typo in it (using "you're friends" instead of "your friends"), but the story, despite being a bit predictable, is actually pretty cool, and the gameplay keeps you thinking. It's unlike Final Fantasy Tactics in that you can't endlessly level up your characters to whip through battles. That kind of kills its replayability a bit, since there are a finite number of battles you can have, but I still love playing it nearly 10 years later.
wow senjuro vandal hearts? Still have and beat that game a while back cause we know that good rpg's are a needle within a hay loft.... Rare but always looked for through magnifying experiences and crossing of all fingers and toes...

~~
lonelygabu~~
~~
Gabumon Loverz
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
Creative Minds
I lack the patience for strategy RPGs. Give me a shotgun and an endless supply of zombified villagers anyday Twisted .
"Stand tall and shake the heavens!" - Xenogears.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad