Join our server on Discord

Dammit, it's even worse than real life.....
Shadow Hearts Covenant, yo. It's the very definition of Fresh.
Actually there's three Shadow Hearts. One before and one came out... or soon to be. Covenant is okay, but the best parts are when they joke when some of the cliche stuff arises. Like one evil guy does his rant, but the entire party is payiing no attention to him. I think only one joke really breaks the fourth wall the rest of the jokes are still realisitcly in context of a real world setup.
You see, there's a lot of RPGs out there, it's just, finding the ones you like more.
True, but that is the problem. After a while things get dull and repititve. Sure, these new games are okay for the people who haven't played the older games, but for myself some of the games aren't quite worth my time because the story seems so familiar. Graphics don't do it, and the gameplay just gets tweaked.
Ditch that console crap. Play some classic CRPGs like Ultima or Fallout.

Y'know... REAL Role Playing Games...
Ah Fallout, the only game EVER where you can kill children.
And if all else fails, you can always try a new genre. I recently started playing MGS and Megaman X, the old SNES games are hard as hell.
"Stand tall and shake the heavens!" - Xenogears.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Machina Kyrios Wrote:Ditch that console crap. Play some classic CRPGs like Ultima or Fallout.

Y'know... REAL Role Playing Games...
You know, I have to say, as a opinion. with no offense to you or your favorite way to play games but that's bull.
But I won't get into it or mention the xbox. I just wanted to say that.
Agreed, to me when someone says "real RPG" I think of "Dungeons and Dragons" or "Hackmaster."

Speaking of PC anyways, I've played Morrowind on it, but "some" people may not consider that a real RPG since it was also on the X-box. It was a nice free roaming sort of game.
There's the thing. CRPGs were created with D&D and other Pen and Paper RPGs as a base. They still hold the same concepts, like character creation being up to the player. The plotlines of CRPGs are just like D&D modules.

"Real" RPG refers to one where you're not locked in by the plot of the game. You get to behave in-game however you wish, even going as far in Fallout and Ultima as being able to wipe out whole towns if you have the inclination and the firepower. Platform means nothing, but console RPGs have classicly been Final Fantasy style games where you didn't get the option to build your character and choose your behavior. (The exception to the rule being, at least partially, Final Fantasy 1, but that was just class choosing.) More recently, classic RPG styles have been leaking in, making the "Real/Console" division less true, but still fairly applicable.

Morrowind is, from what I've seen, a true RPG.