Join our server on Discord

Poll: Replace teachers with computers?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Hell YEAH!!!!!
20.00%
4 20.00%
Yeah, but only some subjects.
35.00%
7 35.00%
They could, but what about the human factor?
15.00%
3 15.00%
No, they could never be replaced by machines.
30.00%
6 30.00%
Total 20 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Replace teachers with computers?
For my faculty (music), computers would never really be able to teach it successfully, since it's such a subjective subject.

They'd prolly be goot at figuring out counterpoint though, since it's pretty mathematical. Computers'd prolly like that a whole lot.
Quote:Just don't make em to smart! Otherwise, I, Robot happens.

Either that or Bicentenial man.... I'm not sure which one is worse.
"I, Robot" the movie was a stain on the good name of Isaac Asimov.
Harie Wrote:
Quote:Just don't make em to smart! Otherwise, I, Robot happens.

Either that or Bicentenial man.... I'm not sure which one is worse.

It would be bisentenial man. The robots would awaken and begin to question things, and, being surrounded by humans, would learn ethics. Quite simple.

There are no threats from sentiant robots.
i cant see teachers being replaced with computers. It doesnt seem right. As many of you have said, there are teachers who have a passion for what they teach, and that makes us pay attention. Most of my teachers are like that, except maybe 2 of them...but, i think i would need instruction from a person, we could use computers to dothe work, maybe for extra practice, but the teachers themselves should remain human.
If the robots ended up like robin williams in bicentenial man, then that would be a great thing, that was a good movie. (I,Robot the movie sucked.)
Bicentennial man was cool, if the robots were liek that, then yeah, it be great.
Yeah there are some teachers that I would love to replace with computers...DUFFY!!! I know that Collin will agree with me on this one...he doesnt know how to teach...hes fat old and bald...and hes retiring thank god...with biology...the teacher is kinda cute...shut up Collin! Mr. O'Brien is kinda cute...but not totally! I think that is whats going to happen in the future...computers for teachers!!
Gabumon Loverz
Renamon's Army
The OCA
yeah, i learned yesterday that computers for teachers is a bad idea!! or, atleast it doesnt work for me. Our math teacher took us to the computer lab to do some algebra so we'd be ready for 8th grade. So, during part of it, this was one of the problems the comp. program was trying to explain to me:
ex+y=kx+m
x=?
and i'm like WTF??? i never understood it...and i redid the tutorial a couple of times. The computer program actually made me mess up on problems i actually knew how to do. It ruined my understanding! i have a great math teacher, and i know if she would've explained it, it would have made perfect sense.
Computers teaching us wouldn't be a good idea. They'd be too easy for me to hack into if I had a direct connection to them.
"Stand tall and shake the heavens!" - Xenogears.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad