Join our server on Discord

Lightning claw or lightning paw?
Hey, you're probably all tired of hearing about me rambling on about Gatomon; but I can't quite figure this out.

I was reading a debate between two people when I head one say
Quote:"Gatomon's attack is lightning CLAW, not lightning PAW."
While I agree with this, throughout series 1&2, I
Have you played Digimon World 2? In the game, she calls out "Lightning Paw!" I think. Other than that, I think most of the evidence points toward the attack being "Lightning Claw."
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
Quote:Have you played Digimon World 2? In the game, she calls out "Lightning Paw!" I think. Other than that, I think most of the evidence points toward the attack being "Lightning Claw."

Yup, her attack is indeed Lighting Paw, but some use her tech as 'claw' for some reason.
[Image: FearthatPlushy.jpg]
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
I think it is lightning claw though most times Digimon change the name when doing the same attack in stronger or wealer versions, I for one think that calling out every attack is stupid, it is really only announced for the sheer glamour and that little added affect of "cool"

I could see a Digimon Assassin

(Gatomon creeps up to her unsuspecting victim and reaches for a knife in her back pocket)

"Dagger Head Stabber!"

(person gets scared from sudden scream and runs away)
Attack calling is a specificity of anime and similar japanese stuff, AFAIK. It's all over the place.

As for the attack name, even the digimon encyclopedia is not consistent:

Quote:Attack Techniques: Lightning Paw, Cat's Eye Hypnotism
Gatomon is the Digivolved form of Salamon, and is the Digimon of Kari of the DigiDestined. Initially, Gatomon was a malicious Digimon, but with aid from Wizardmon, she was restored to her true, benevolent self. Her Lightning Claw attack is one of the fastest in the DigiWorld.
Quote:Have you played Digimon World 2?

No! *curls up on floor crying*
can't get the rom :cry:

Quote:As for the attack name, even the digimon encyclopedia is not consistent:

Quote:Attack Techniques: Lightning Paw, Cat's Eye Hypnotism
Gatomon is the Digivolved form of Salamon, and is the Digimon of Kari of the DigiDestined. Initially, Gatomon was a malicious Digimon, but with aid from Wizardmon, she was restored to her true, benevolent self. Her Lightning Claw attack is one of the fastest in the DigiWorld.

pretty funny, wonder why they made two.. they use both of them in the series as well..

Quote:I could see a Digimon Assassin

(Gatomon creeps up to her unsuspecting victim and reaches for a knife in her back pocket)

"Dagger Head Stabber!"

(person gets scared from sudden scream and runs away)

rofl, thinking of how fast she'd have to say that makes me laugh.
That's probably what happened in Series1, Ep32 when she was on the couch.
hehe, 32 and 34 were always my favourite episodes :3
Quote:No! *curls up on floor crying*
can't get the rom
That might be for the best. The game is incredibly addictive, especially the music. It's the longest of all of the Digimon World games, but even after you beat it, there's still a lot of stuff you can do with the GameShark and secret forms and techniques. Unless you've got 300 hours to kill, you're probably better off not playing it.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
bloop
http://www.thedigiport.com/dex_Gatomon.shtml
It says paw. Although I did always hear claw.
There are flubs with attacks all the time. In one ep in the first season, Garurumon leaps into the fray firing off his trademark attack, but growls "Blue Blaster!" instead of his usual "Howling Blaster!"