Join our server on Discord

Poll: Do you hate the current job you are in?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes I really hate my job.
11.11%
3 11.11%
Its alright, atleast it pays my bills.
14.81%
4 14.81%
My job is Ok, I really have no complaints.
18.52%
5 18.52%
No, I am working where I always wanted to work.
7.41%
2 7.41%
Work? ... What Work?...
48.15%
13 48.15%
Total 27 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Do you hate your current job?
fred_18 if that was directed to me that is very kind of you....It was hell and it sort of prevents me from moving on in a way...I have applied to 650 different locations and it pisses me off that everyjob thinks I am "Unqualified." and what do you mean by address? Like in email? house address?... I am trying my best..I might get a job at a bad and on average for 4 -6 hours of work I end up taking 200$ a day or something because of really good tips....but that is still floating in the air.....If you want to reach me you can hit my email or pm me......I still cant believe I was offered a job their AGAIN......they'll never learn.....
Gabumon Loverz
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
Creative Minds
No idea where this topic went in the past 70+ posts, but in response to the topic, I really don't need a job. I was a soldier from 19-24 years old, and I get my income from that every month. I also won one of those 'set for life' lottery things, so my total income per month is about 10,000 dollars per month, just for sitting on my ass. I love NYC, there's always something to do when you don't have to work :D. I might get some employment just for something to do later on in life, but for now, I'm content with this.
Holy shit...*does the math* that means you get a "salary" of about $120,000 a year...I dont know much about jobs, or money, but I'm pretty sure thats quite a lot. I think my dad gets bewtween $30,000-$40,000 for being a teacher...and I dont know what my mom makes...so that seems like a lot of money.
Ghost_Op how very fortunate you are....If you ever have read this thread, its about me venting about a job that I couldn't believe the circumstances. It was the world's worst job because of how everyone worked and how they treat their coworkers. It was a really bad job and it felt like I was going through some annoying part of life....

Now with that said.....I wish to lay back and completely do nothing and you won which took skill, and lots of luck, good for you....The fact that you served in the armed forces as a soilder is great accomplishment. You are very lucky and are blessed with this....I am not

How about applying to 650 different places multiple times in the area and not getting a job! Last time I counted I was passed 1000 in the handing out of my resume.....

The worst thing is that crappy piece of shit job is the still the only thing around here thats still wants me.....

I have tried in the following...

Jersey City
Hoboken
Weehawken
Bergenline
West New York
Union City
Bayonne
Lafayette
other parts of Jersy City
Secaucus
Newark
Ney York City
monsterjob.com

NOTHING

I have gotten zilch..I have wasted so much time with applications, resumes, photos, 2nd interviews, transportations, its not even funny......

Now I ve been trying to get my buisness started and work for myself.....Lets see if that takes off.....

WORK SUX!!!!
Gabumon Loverz
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
Creative Minds
Work very much does suck, apparently. The scar on my chest where I was cut in basic training seems quite worth it now.
Ghost-Op, I envy you, and its not because of your wealth. I tried to get into the military, but they turned me down on medical reasons. You are a lucky bastard.
cboy Wrote:Ghost-Op, I envy you, and its not because of your wealth. I tried to get into the military, but they turned me down on medical reasons. You are a lucky bastard.
I heard you mentioned that once, you can be accepted into the military at a pretty late age, if the condition is only temporary you can probably still get in.
I don't think it's the condition, which my doctor says I no long show any symptoms of, that kept me out. I think it was the medication I was on, which I've been off of for about two years.

Also, if I recall correctly, my medical records or whatever they're called that the military has on me say that I'm permanently disqualified. I might try it in a different state in a few years, but it's a big maybe.
cboy Wrote:I don't think it's the condition, which my doctor says I no long show any symptoms of, that kept me out. I think it was the medication I was on, which I've been off of for about two years.

Also, if I recall correctly, my medical records or whatever they're called that the military has on me say that I'm permanently disqualified. I might try it in a different state in a few years, but it's a big maybe.

If it's what you really want to do with your life, don't give up on it. The commercials may sound corny, but the saying 'skills for now, skills for later' really does apply (for example, I had to climb a tree in Central Park a few days ago to get a kite down for a kid...with my training, I knew exactly how to move, where to latch on, and so on).
I wasn't allowed because of my weight, I scored the highest AsVAP score in my recruiters office ever and they said I was too fat, mind you I was head of an orienteering team running a minimum of 6.5 kms and still it wasn't good enough.... I auditioned for the army national band got in, army national choir called me and I was spotted by the amy nation armed exhibition team. I was also In the JROTC program and retired at the rank of C/1SG and the most decorated ever....STILL I WASN"T GOOD ENOUGH.....I trained and even lost from 320lbs to 245 and I was still heavy......and I was supposed to start up past an E-5 and I did it all in training but they still wanted me to be lighter and I scored ONE question wrong on the ASVAP......So I stopped continuing with it and its horrible......I would have been an E-9 for starting if I was admitted to the army national choir so I know your pain.....all to well.....
Gabumon Loverz
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
Creative Minds