Join our server on Discord

When love dies...what remains?
Ummm......I see....You have a wise way to see things, guys. I see you look at positive things far more than me...I really should learn a thing or two from you......
......I remember back in my teens, writing about people I loved or hated a lot and then losing my hatred for sth nice they did or start hating them. So I had made charas out of them and that one that was a villain wasn't so bad anymore and the one goodie was a villain all of a sudden....heh heh....And it was hard to follow the story from there....
senjuro: You're far nicer than me. Maybe cuz I've been through so much, I tend to remember the negative side of things....But what do you do to avoid the negative stuff that comes with the good memories?
Wise:<.< ......*can't find a decent answer for him*
Gunter: Well....I'm glad you can get over your depression.....Still, you confuse me, as usual.
Herr: Ignore the votes at the DHZ. I think of myself as the best artist in the place, together with Gabumon Bubu, and we both get mediocre positions. People there are tasteless. (BTW, next X-mas I'd be just like you--but instead of rejection, it was a big delusion in my case)
shadowknight: That is a very good idea. I think I'll try it.
Quote:As someone in the middle of a long, drawn out, ultimately inevitable breakup, I have this to say as what will come afterward.

... Avoiding the other person, and plotting horrible revenge.
......................................*smirk*
At school I did the advoiding thing a lot too, I also don't like to talk about what happened then, now I just wait for any possible revenge. (Against me, not to someone else. I don't need revenge.)
Zeph, when the loss is fresh in one's mind, all you can think of is that pain of loss. Eventually, though, the pain will ease and you'll be able to remember the good memories you had much more easily. Without going into unnecessary and depressing detail, I'm still having that problem thinking of my doggy. No matter how hard I try, I can't think of anytime before he got really sick, and he was only really sick for two days. But I know that eventually, I'll forget all that and all I'll be able to remember is how happy I was to have such a wonderful companion for over half my life.

You seem to be a pretty big fan of poetry...here's a little bit of text from Israel Abrahams, based on some writing by Ibi Gabriol (and set to music by Imant Raminsh, a truly excellent composer!)

When all within is dark
And former friends misprise
From them, I turn to you
And find Love in your eyes.

When all within is dark
And I my soul despise
From me, I turn to you
And find love in your eyes

When all your face is dark
And your just angers rise,
From you, I turn to you
And find love in your eyes

Basically, everyone has someone in this world to confide in, even if they don't think they do. There are people who care about you and would be more than willing to listen to what you have to say. And just like there are people that are there for you, there are almost certainly some people who'd fall apart without you to keep them steady.

Take this for what it's worth, coming from someone you've never and probably will never meet, but if you ever feel like screaming your head off (online, of course!) send me a PM or AIM me. I'd be more that happy to talk with you.

Either way, I really hope you feel better soon. This board is full of really great people. It's a shame that so many of us are feeling down lately...
Zephyr of Darkness Wrote:shadowknight: That is a very good idea. I think I'll try it.

The memory box thing or the lemon thing?
"Stand tall and shake the heavens!" - Xenogears.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
I know.
I'm like that.
But there's just one thing....
I never did get over my depression.

I said that in hopes that I will.
senjuro: Thank you so much......*hugs you* Yeah, me too, but I've talked a lot about the funny things he did and the ways he was fortunate with my mother, and I looked many times at the pics when he was happy and playful,and I can think of him in a less painful way. Guess I was kinda doing like shadowknight with the memory box things (Here I answered you, shadowknight). BTW, how much did he live? When my doggy died, I realized that, no matter how much I mourned my grandparents, all beings have to die. My grandpa was 82 and my grandma 76 when they died, so you can say that though they could have lived longer, they did live about what is expected from a person. But not my doggy...he could have lived the double of what he did.....sigh......
Umm....just like what you said to me, I say to you: I will always lend an ear if you need me...so PM me if you need to talk. (I prefer YIM though cuz it's difficult for me to answer many long mails in a row and many people have started hating me for doing so....*looks nervously at both sides*

Oh, and we sure can feel low.....Most of us, or maybe all of us are outsiders in one or another way, so we always fight a struggle that most people don't. How can't we be depressed? We have a base of depression.
senjuro Wrote:Basically, everyone has someone in this world to confide in, even if they don't think they do. There are people who care about you and would be more than willing to listen to what you have to say. And just like there are people that are there for you, there are almost certainly some people who'd fall apart without you to keep them steady.

Unfortunately, your happy and romantic quote doesn't get up and doesn't fly. People have this awful tendency to act on you against your wishes out of what they feel is moral compulsion.

I quote: "Do not do unto others as you would have them do unto you. Their tastes may not be the same." - George Bernard Shaw, wiseguy and Fabian.
Anonmon Wrote:Unfortunately, your happy and romantic quote doesn't get up and doesn't fly. People have this awful tendency to act on you against your wishes out of what they feel is moral compulsion.

But at least people try. Whether or not their actions affect a change in some way or another, at least they tried. In cases like this, no matter how worthless a gesture it may be, the thought still counts.

Anyway Zeph, my doggy was 13, which is pretty much it for most dogs. He was a dauchsund/beagle/schnauser mix, so a mediumish dog. I'm not gonna bore you with his medical history, but I'd give anything to have him back...We had a really great time...
I'm getting nervous- there are so many things that could happen to a dog up here- fall off a cliff- attacked by a bear/wolves- AHH!

he's barely a year old- and I cant even remember his age! I just got him! (I think he's about 5 months)

maybe 8 years from now(if we're lucky)... he dies- what am I going to do?

when my grandfather died- he was about 84- I guess he lived a reasonable amount for us humans... but soon after that, my brothers left me.

all I have of them now, are memories. I have some of their things to remind me of them day after day- how grandad threw a ball at me, expecting me to catch it... I tripped and broke a vase. I still have a piece of it.

when he was reading us a story- and suddenly my brothers started arguing- then fighting... they managed to rip a few pages out of the book- which I still have with me right now...

Ray's old stained shirt- (blood and mud) he got into a fight with Vel again, they fight a lot.

well, I have hundreds more all around the house- but now, all they remind me of is how happy we were back then... and then how it all ended- and how my 'beloved' bros left me behind.

*sigh*

I'm going to spend much more time with charlie... just in case.
senjuro: Well, at least you can say he lived about what was expected from him. And another thing: he died fast. But sure, even if he had lived 20, you would still miss him. But that's a wee bit more of consolation, not enough, but still....
Using your own words, let's trust that with time, bad memories will fade with time and only good ones will remain...

Gunter: That's what's important, to have all the good moments you can, so you can't regret you didn't no matter how much time he lives. And the more I think about it, the more I think the moment of all beings' death is already determined. But my doggy had many things against him: he died of renal insufficiency, and it seems he had had renal problems all his life (he drank water all day and urinated a lot, way more than normal). And he was a pure blooded Pekinese, which had two disadvantages: Pure blooded dogs are weaker than mongrels, and Pekineses are very weak overall. And I had a neighbor that said she had a dog that looked just like mine, and he had died of diabetes at age 8.
*sigh* well...Don't get sad about things that may or may not happen tomorrow....Just keep in mind that like in my sig, we don't live forever.