Join our server on Discord

Why do you love digimon?
the hardest question I have probably asked ever.

(besides "why is water wet?")

why are digimon so damned lovable?

I love 'em to death.
For me, they are slightly unreal, but still have a touch of earth to it. The main reason was the show. I loved all the emotion stuff. Okay not the best wording, but I can't think of the right one. Morals is close, but not quite.
One day when I was watching Digimon on FOX on a Saturday morning, when they have those little snippets before and after segments, and there was one that had Gabumon, and he said: "If I followed you home, would your mom let you keep me?"

That pretty much sealed the deal. I had already liked to concept to begin with, but to have an adorable creature like Gabumon pull on your heartstrings like that...I mean c'mon, YOU try to say no to those eyes.

Digimon are so lovable cause they're just like people, but the nice ones are more intrinsically innocent and genuine that people are. It's what makes them so endearing.
Possibly because compaired to the other monster show that was on then, the plot for digimon was better. Since pokemon has no real plot.
I've always loved the kids stranded in a fantasy world having to fight evil together plots, ever since I read Lloyd Alexander's Prydain chronicles. That's probably where the appeal started for me. It helped that the Digimon were cute and fierce, the jokes weren't bad, and most of all, certain characters really became relatable for me, especially Joe (when the show started).
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
See, Much better then pokemon in the plot and everything.
I liked the drawing style. The closest thing I can find to it is Serial Experiments Lain. The backgrounds have little dashes of colours; the two that stick in my head are the television station, where there are all these greys and such, and the jungle, in which there are dashes and stars of green, brown and black. In Lain, it's only the shadows, and those aren't really the same: swimming red on black. It really is totally original.

The main reason, however, is series two. Goodness knows it isn't the movie. Series two was great fun: there were jokes you had to pay attention to get (such as jam doughnuts and a swimming pool) and there was Ken. He was fantastic, especialy as the Digital Kaizer and then in that transitional period when Wormon (another fantastic reason) was dead. That was fantastic. There are far too many comtempory cartoon that are just there to be wacky and funny, like those ones with the thick outlines and far too catchy theme tunes. however, Digimon actualy looks at ethical issues, such as The Kaizer; was Ken to blame for his deeds? Had he been punished enough? Should he have even been punished? It was educational. Then there's the whole "should we kill the digimon?" issue in series one. Usualy, earlier works are best for that sort of thing. Watership Down, for example, though that is far more terrifying than Digimon.
heh, yeah- but we dont have snippets here, well... there are some of those with the digidestined posing with their digimon, my favorite one was with agumon and veemon arguing, greymon scaring tai outside the window, and flamdramon walking in on davis after davis took a shower- flamedramon laughed and looked embarassed at the same time.
This is a damned hard question. I mean, what's not to like about magical monster-thingies from another world that was still linked to ours?

I suppose I really liked the "Digital" part, I still do. I started watching because the idea of kids lost on an island with magical Digimon sounded good, and just kept watching from there.
You know mullen, a guy who worked on tamers worked on lain. As well as Big O and others.