Join our server on Discord

I have entered another aspect of the web...
The irc channels. This attempt was much better then the last since I finally got to where I was going. Then I wondered other channels. It was kinda like chat boards with little moderation. Oh well, I downloaded what I wanted and I think that is what I'll use it for right now. Currently works better then torrent files.
I tryed IRC but I couldn't get it to work so I just stopped. I kind of wanted to get it though.
I've only done it a few times. Mainly to download subtitled eps of Digimon 02. from channels that supply it.
I signed up for it, and I never used it. Then I forgot about it, until the day it was hacked. I'm still getting emails from barefootandpregnant.com. Those sons of bitches won't take me off of their mailing list. If I ever get hold of a crippling website virus, I'm crashing their site. Evil
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
The Infamous Boss Reo Wrote:I've only done it a few times. Mainly to download subtitled eps of Digimon 02. from channels that supply it.

Yeah, that was my reason... well it was for Season 1 and 3 though. http://www.wpp-fansubs.com/ recently uploaded adventure 7 and Tamers 5.
Harie Wrote:
The Infamous Boss Reo Wrote:I've only done it a few times. Mainly to download subtitled eps of Digimon 02. from channels that supply it.

[color=red]Yeah, that was my reason... well it was for Season 1 and 3 though. http://www.wpp-fansubs.com/ recently uploaded adventure 7 and Tamers 5.

Damn torrents. Thanks to being on a wireless connection, I'm having no luck connecting to any torrenting program hosts T__T
Grrr...Rogers is fucking around with internet in my area, and since there's no high-speed alternatives, I'm stuck with internet of sketchy connectivity. It dis- and reconnects about 3-5 times an hour, and since I'm here about 6 hours a day, that upwards of 30 disconnections...it pisses me off.

Anyway, I learned that they've implemented some kind of thing to keep users from using BitTorrent, which is apparently why my connection is so fucky. Even though I don't use BitTorrent, I'm still getting shafted.

Damn you, large corporations!
The reason I tryed it was because of torrents but when I couldn't get to one site's IRC I just gave up.
Nothing beats *.torrents IMO.

IRC:
* You cannot always connect to the user you cant to receive or send a file to.
* Sometimes aborts out of the sky
* Net Splits
* Need to enable Auto-Accept if you go to bed, in case it aborts by itself :P - And by doing that, you enable crackers to send you viruses, weee ^^

Torrents:
* Uses checksums, to make sure you got the thing you were looking for and that it didn't get corrupted. Although, not all clients has this feature, and you might have to download it as a addon, if it it possible at all.
* Downloads from multiple users, and thus opens up a whole new network of file-sharing :D
* People cannot corrupt their files so that you download them. In your FACE, IRAA!!

Anyway, IRC works as a dream when you cannot find tracksers for the files that you want. For me, IRC is just an alternative and something I use to communicate with online friends and the likes. =)
Now I come back home and my older brother has signed up for Cable internet from Comcast... took a few days but it's here.